Author Topic: Did Kevin Love really just get snubbed in the AS game voting?  (Read 7712 times)

Re: Did Kevin Love really just get snubbed in the AS game voting?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 11:03:06 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I can't believe people are questioning Griffin's spot.  He is certainly deserving.  Love should have gotten in over Duncan, but I'm sure the 40-8 record helped Timmy's cause.  Bottom line is there are only so many spots.  You could probably swap positions 9-16 around and make a strong case for all those guys.  I'm sure Love will be Yao's replacement.

LA is playing great now but he's not an AS this year in my opinion.  He'd have no shot if Roy was not injured.  Don't get me wrong; LA is a very good player.  But it just proves the point that even on a bad team somebody has to get the stats. 

Personally, I would have put Odom on the team instead of Griffin, and I'd select Parker to replace Yao.

Hey, if Love and Griffin are as good as they seem to be right now, they'll get plenty of all star opportunities. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 11:04:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Al Jeff had some good stats one or two years and was never picked.  Love will eventually get some love..

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 11:55:14 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
More, better big guys in the West.  Doc's gonna end up coaching small ball in the AS game.

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:52 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Love will probably be a injury replacement for Yao.

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I'd be happy if Love took one of our guy's places. 

It's a meaningless waste of time.  So who cares that Love is from the west?  Let him replace Garnett on the east.

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 12:41:10 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Putting up big numbers on a terrible team with no one else to put up numbers. If Minny plays 500 ball...Then ya maybe Love gets recognition. Hes putting up crazy stats, but he cant get wins for his team, and Minny doesnt exactly get the best exposure in the league. Snub, yeah maybe, but like someone else mentioned, who who you take off the roster to replace him with...

Don't forget guys like Randolph at 20 an 13, and Aldridge are getting snubbed too while their teams are playing .500 ball.

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It's a meaningless waste of time. 

I never really understand this argument against the All-Star Game.  The whole NBA and professional sports in general are pretty much the definition of meaningless when you get right down to it.  It's not like all those banners are going to start curing cancer anytime soon or anything. 

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 12:52:52 PM »

Offline KobeShesNotConsenting!

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 132

I never really understand this argument against the All-Star Game.  The whole NBA and professional sports in general are pretty much the definition of meaningless when you get right down to it.  It's not like all those banners are going to start curing cancer anytime soon or anything. 

LOL too true

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

LOL too true

....And I thought that Drew Brees and his team cured New Orleans....I read it in Sports Illustrated.

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 01:37:54 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
From what i understand its how much a player has impacted his team into wins.Even though the Clippers started out 1-13 there wins have taken a signicant turn to the good and Blake is mostly responsible for it.Just as D.Aldgrige's contributions to the Trailblazers increased to a star caliber when Roy went down.I feel K.Love is a victim of a bad team that hasn't gotten much better over the 40plus games.He has played great but it hasn't made the impact on the Wolves as Griffin,Aldridge and T.Parker has had on their teams.

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 01:38:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Woah. We are getting very philosophical here

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 02:04:14 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

stop putting things in perspective =)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Could it be that Griffin scares coaches who have to play against him and Love doesn't?

If we surround Griffin and Love with 55 win talent, which of them remains dominant?

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 02:46:36 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I keep hearing about Love's "record breaking" numbers or season so far.  Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but what records is he breaking or on pace to break?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 03:01:06 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
I think Tony Parker should have made it in over Tim Duncan--Love should have that spot!