Author Topic: Ron Ron Crazy level is approaching a 7  (Read 9570 times)

Re: Ron Ron Crazy level is approaching a 7
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I wonder whats going to happen there? Very strange, Seems like he doesn't want to be somewhere if things are strict. I would take him backing up Pierce though!  :P

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I wonder whats going to happen there? Very strange, Seems like he doesn't want to be somewhere if things are strict. I would take him backing up Pierce though!  :P

He won't survive KG and Doc if he thinks Jackson is too strict.

Besides, I wouldn't give up anyone on our team to get him...maybe Nate and Bradley once West is back running on the court...but that too is just a maybe.

LA won't find any takers for him...he is only in his second year of a 5 year contract.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
one year too late - wish his crazy could have surfaced sooner - oh well
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: Ron Artest Hopes To Be Traded, But what teams would want him?
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210541/Artest_Hopes_To_Be_Traded
Ron Artest hopes to to be traded before the Feb. 24th deadline, according to a source.

Artest's agent David Bauman declined comment.

Artest played just 5.5 seconds of the fourth quarter and overtime in Tuesday's game against Houston.

Another item of concern for Artest is the limit to what he is allowed to do offensively. Artest is almost always the fourth or fifth option when it comes to scoring.

Artest is also weary of being blamed for the struggles of Lakers.
Via ESPN

What the hell were the Lakers thinking signing him to that long of a contract, you knew he would be unhappy sooner or later .

So what teams would be interested in Ron ?

That's what I'd like to know.  Was he really that much of an upgrade over Ariza when they got him?  If memory serves he WANTED to sign with the lakers.  Why would they give him so much money and so many years?  I would think the lakers would've had quite a bit of leverage.

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

That's what I'd like to know.  Was he really that much of an upgrade over Ariza when they got him?  If memory serves he WANTED to sign with the lakers.  Why would they give him so much money and so many years?  I would think the lakers would've had quite a bit of leverage.

Artest wanted to play for the Lakers, but I think there was probably a limit to how much money he was willing to leave on the table.  Keep in mind he was coming off a year where he put up 17 points per game, shot 40% from 3PT, played elite defense, and had helped the Rockets overachieve in the playoffs.  He could have commanded much more than $35 million guaranteed, but he signed with the Lakers for as much as they could offer (the full MLE).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I love it.

Just hope that crack finds its way all the way to Miami...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 03:20:52 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It would be nice for Ron Artest if he could get a trade out of LA and join a team where he could have some freedom offensively. It must be very frustrating to completely fail to integrate himself into LA's Triangle offense. To just stand in a corner and try not to cause problems.

It would be nice if he could get a fresh start somewhere.

Screw him and the Lakers!
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
l

What the hell were the Lakers thinking signing him to that long of a contract, you knew he would be unhappy sooner or later .

The Lakers got the full valueof that long contract last year in game 7. Artest won that game and championship for them with 20 of their 83 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and a couple of steals in addition to great D on Pierce.

I detest Artest, but he was the MVP of that game (it sickens me to say that). That contract could have been for five years or 25 years and the Fakers still got value for it.

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Who DIDN'T think, when they started talking about the Lakers feeling that they needed to make a trade, who DIDN'T think they were talking about Ron-Ron?  He's got a shelf life, and he's now about three or four months past expiration.  Good luck getting someone to trade for that contract, though.

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 03:27:50 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
It would be nice for Ron Artest if he could get a trade out of LA and join a team where he could have some freedom offensively. It must be very frustrating to completely fail to integrate himself into LA's Triangle offense. To just stand in a corner and try not to cause problems.

It would be nice if he could get a fresh start somewhere.

Screw him and the Lakers!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 03:41:47 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
l

The Lakers got the full valueof that long contract last year in game 7. Artest won that game and championship for them with 20 of their 83 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and a couple of steals in addition to great D on Pierce.

I detest Artest, but he was the MVP of that game (it sickens me to say that). That contract could have been for five years or 25 years and the Fakers still got value for it.

I think Ron has to have something left.  Honestly it's hard for me to believe someone going from a performance like that in Game 7 to nothing. 

It's hard for me to believe someone going from nothing to a performance like that in Game 7 also, so idk.

How did that happen?   Ugh...  >:(.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 03:59:11 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210541/Artest_Hopes_To_Be_Traded
Ron Artest hopes to to be traded before the Feb. 24th deadline, according to a source.

Artest's agent David Bauman declined comment.

Artest played just 5.5 seconds of the fourth quarter and overtime in Tuesday's game against Houston.

Another item of concern for Artest is the limit to what he is allowed to do offensively. Artest is almost always the fourth or fifth option when it comes to scoring.

Artest is also weary of being blamed for the struggles of Lakers.
Via ESPN

The truth is that he was an upgrade over Ariza, but no one could have imagined that he would have dropped off his play so much. I think that he feels like the scapegoat at this time, but he kind of deserves some of it with his play.

I also don't think that his contract is as bad as some people think, considering the contracts of Arenas, Lewis, Lee, Peja, and the list goes on. I'm pretty sure that his level of play will/would increase dramatically on another team, the same way that Jordan Farmar's level of play has on the Nets.

At the same time, I think that Artest's nature is that he's a little bit "off." You can see it easily in interviews. He just might be going through a mood swing, and might have to talk to his psychiatrist some more.

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'm sure the Wizards would be interested in unloading Rashard Lewis on the Lakers.  I read today they are also interested in Hinrich...

OK, with salaries, it is definitely impossible to include Hinrich and it's looking very difficult to even trade for Lewis without gutting the whole team.

The only remotely possible deal I see is:

Rashard Lewis for

artest, walton, caracter, ratliff, shannon brown, joe smith

This couldn't happen until after feb. 17th and shannon brown has to agree to it (which he never would).

I want it to work soooo badly though for the monstrocity of contracts it would bring upon LA.  But then again, I think it would improve them overall this year, so actually I don't want it to work.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The Lakers offered the same deal to Ariza that they ended up offering to Artest. Ariza threw a fit and was asking for more, I believe he had the offer for a week before they went after Artest.

If they signed Ariza I don't think Buss would have agreed to add Ron.

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 04:21:56 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
Artest, Odom, and Bynum

for

Carmelo, Al Harrington, Ty Lawson, and the Birdman.

-------
Artest and Bynum

for

Gerald Wallace, Nazr Mohammed, and Shaun Livingston