Author Topic: Jim O'Brien fired by Indiana  (Read 8074 times)

Re: Jim O'Brien fired by Indiana
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 12:48:05 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He should come here and analyze games for CSN through the playoffs.

Why?  Tired of Donny Marshall talking about his playing days?

I'm sure this has been talked about in the forums before here, but you are right, it really drives me nuts when Donny Marshall talks about all of his killer experience in the NBA, when to me (and probably most other people), he was the other Marshall that Donyell played with in college. Good for him for making it to the NBA and sticking around for a little bit, but, by the way he talks, he was Charles Barkley or Patrick Ewing.

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 12:50:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
" System Coaches" are slaves to their gimmick.  We already know the Pitino/Obie system did not work.

Yeah, I don't think Donny has much to stand on.  He was a fringe player at best in the NBA.

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Talking about McRoberts' and Hansbrough's minutes under the Pacers new head coach the other day ... here is an article on the coach's plans on that topic

Pacers interim coach Frank Vogel has decided both Josh McRoberts and Tyler Hansbrough will play significant minutes the rest of the season.

Vogel is starting McRoberts -- although he said Hansbrough would start against some opponents -- and likes Hansbrough as the low-post scorer with the second unit.

Vogel wants them to play about equal minutes, with variances due to opponents or situations.

"He's definitely using our strengths," Hansbrough said. "A lot of people look at the power forward position on this team and think it's a weakness. The way Josh and I run the floor, you don't see that every night.
http://www.indystar.com/article/20110204/SPORTS04/102040347/1062/SPORTS04/Vogel-likes-what-McRoberts-Hansbrough-offer