Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 564900 times)

CelticsWhat35, RMO, Roy H., hpantazo, celticsclay, Atzar and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #7350 on: May 05, 2024, 03:56:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
Jarrett Allen is a massive swing factor for Cleveland in this series against Boston. I see them as a legit threat to win the series with J Allen if BOS is without Porzingis for the full series. With Porzingis, no chance.

But if Jarrett Allen is out, Cleveland have no chance.

If J Allen is even out for the first 1-2gms, that might decide the series by itself. They have no margin against BOS. Even without Porzingis. Any type of serious setback and they are done.

« Reply #7351 on: May 05, 2024, 03:57:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Mobley finished with 11pts 16reb 5blk.

He did a nice job on defense & rebounding all game. Only 4pts first three quarters. 7pts in the Q4. One nice drive and short shot when forced to create something. Other two buckets were easy dunks. Invisible on offense most of the night.

« Reply #7352 on: May 05, 2024, 04:02:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
The home team won every game in this series
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7353 on: May 05, 2024, 04:02:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
D Mitchell 32pts

LeVert 13pts
Merrill 8pts
Strus 8pts 11pts

Garland 2pts
Mobley 4pts

That was late in the third quarter.

D Mitchell 39pts

LeVert 15pts
Strus 13pts
Merrill 8pts

Mobley 11pts
Garland 12pts

Mobley and Garland gave them a nice lift in Q4. Strus in Q3. He was scoreless at halftime if I remember right. LeVert and Merrill carried their supporting cast in first half.

In the end, not a bad contribution from the 5 of them. Four guys in the 11-15pts range and a fifth with 8pts. 59pts total. Solid help for Donovan Mitchell. By committee.

Actually, Okoro finished with 8pts too.

« Reply #7354 on: May 05, 2024, 04:03:16 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jarrett Allen is a massive swing factor for Cleveland in this series against Boston. I see them as a legit threat to win the series with J Allen if BOS is without Porzingis for the full series. With Porzingis, no chance.

But if Jarrett Allen is out, Cleveland have no chance.

If J Allen is even out for the first 1-2gms, that might decide the series by itself. They have no margin against BOS. Even without Porzingis. Any type of serious setback and they are done.

I don’t see them a threat to win this series no matter who plays and who doesn’t. Cavs got drilled twice with Allen playing.

Cavs don’t have the offense to beat Boston. If Mitchell doesn’t go for 40 they have no chance.

« Reply #7355 on: May 05, 2024, 04:07:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
So I admittedly was not an expert on the Magic and their roster like @Who and others in this forum, but is Franz Wagner seriously their #2 option? If so, I give the Magic massive credit for even getting it this far, because there is no way he could be a #2 option lol, and he was absolutely terrible today. Cavs didn't have to do much, just make life tough on Banchero. They finally adjusted and the Magic looked toast in the 2nd half.

It's gonna be a lot tougher for Cleveland next round. Even besides JT, you have Jaylen, White, Holiday with guys like Hauser and Horford who are also more than capable of hitting open look 3s.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7356 on: May 05, 2024, 04:37:20 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3207
If we guard Dean Wade we'll win this going away!

« Reply #7357 on: May 05, 2024, 04:47:25 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1503

yes guard him and Struss!!!   Contain DM and then pressure those other guys to step up.

« Reply #7358 on: May 05, 2024, 07:43:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So I admittedly was not an expert on the Magic and their roster like @Who and others in this forum, but is Franz Wagner seriously their #2 option? If so, I give the Magic massive credit for even getting it this far, because there is no way he could be a #2 option lol, and he was absolutely terrible today. Cavs didn't have to do much, just make life tough on Banchero. They finally adjusted and the Magic looked toast in the 2nd half.

It's gonna be a lot tougher for Cleveland next round. Even besides JT, you have Jaylen, White, Holiday with guys like Hauser and Horford who are also more than capable of hitting open look 3s.

Wagner didn't look good today, but he averaged 21 / 5 / 4 in the regular season and 21 / 7 / 5 in the playoffs before Game 7.

He's quite good, and his overall efficiency is good despite a poor 3PT shot this year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7359 on: May 05, 2024, 10:21:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559

Wagner didn't look good today, but he averaged 21 / 5 / 4 in the regular season and 21 / 7 / 5 in the playoffs before Game 7.

He's quite good, and his overall efficiency is good despite a poor 3PT shot this year.
I think you are both correct though.  Wagner is a good player, but if he is your #2, you aren't going to be that good unless your #1 is a top 3 player in the league.  Now Banchero certainly has that potential, but he is obviously several years away from that. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7360 on: May 06, 2024, 02:20:05 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Cavs fans were chanting "We want Boston" towards the end of game? Donavan Mitchell was trying to calm the crowd down?  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7361 on: May 06, 2024, 02:24:22 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Hmmm if the Wolves take Game 2, then this series might be over for the Nuggets. I think the Wolves can steal Game 2. Antman the new kid in town and the new poster boy for the NBA. Stopping him will be something.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7362 on: May 06, 2024, 03:13:11 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 993

If we guard Dean Wade we’ll probably be playing 4-on-5, as he’s been out since the week he torched us.

Stop Mitchell, sweep the Cavs.

« Reply #7363 on: May 06, 2024, 06:59:48 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
D Mitchell had 50pts in Gm 6. 39pts in Gm 7.

89pts in two final games.

and they lost the one he put up 50.....if the only way the cavs can win is for mitchell to put up 40-50 every night celtics should be fine.

and funny thing is thats about what they averaged in team ppg too. team really struggled to reach 100 most games. especially on the road.

« Reply #7364 on: May 06, 2024, 11:18:17 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559
Hmmm if the Wolves take Game 2, then this series might be over for the Nuggets. I think the Wolves can steal Game 2. Antman the new kid in town and the new poster boy for the NBA. Stopping him will be something.
I expect Joker to have a monster night and the Nuggets to even series
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip