Author Topic: Embiid firing shots?  (Read 8727 times)

Re: Embiid firing shots?
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2020, 10:19:22 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Embiid says losing is taking a toll on him:https://www.libertyballers.com/2020/1/4/21049234/following-loss-to-rockets-joel-embiid-says-losing-is-taking-a-toll-on-him

Add him to the chorus of Brett brown, Richardson and Horford expressing frustration with the team/season. But hey, franchise player getting upset doesn’t matter cause it is regular season and the 99 Knicks made it as an 8 seed right?
That isn't what I said at all.  I'm done with your nonsense.  Every thread I post in, you misrepresent and stalk me.  I'm sick of it.

Just to recap this, you spend the offseason talking about how the 76ers have enough shooting because Harris, Richardson and Horford were good shooters. I disagreed (outcome the 76ers have openly lamented their lack of spacing this year from 3 on both the player and coaching end).

I openly wondered whether the Al Horford signing was the worst contract of the offseason. You repeatedly bumped my thread when Al had a good game and have stopped discussing it as Al has sunk to career worse numbers in just about every statistical area (and the 76ers fans have turned on him openly praying for a trade)

You relished in the 76ers early season 5-0 start and repeatedly bumped the thread about them discussing their win pace when they had good games. You have spent the majority of the season discussing how they were above their vegas prediction. I maintained they had a few lucky wins over some bad teams and really were not looking very good. They have since come back to earth big time (lost 7 out of 10, 4 to 5 games under .500 on road). You move the goalposts and say the regular season doesn't matter and bring up teams in the past that won as lower seeds (very few and far between).

Look, you want to be contrarian and constantly pump up one of our biggest rivals on a celtics forum and act confused/argue when Celtics fans take joy in their struggles on a celtics forum, go for it. But please just own up to it and don't accuse me of stalking you or misrepresenting your views when the takes don't age well and me (and other fans) are excited to see a rival imploding after what we went through last year.
This deserves a TP.

Yup. Gonna give him 20.

ill help..TP

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2020, 12:52:44 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Embiid says losing is taking a toll on him:https://www.libertyballers.com/2020/1/4/21049234/following-loss-to-rockets-joel-embiid-says-losing-is-taking-a-toll-on-him

Add him to the chorus of Brett brown, Richardson and Horford expressing frustration with the team/season. But hey, franchise player getting upset doesn’t matter cause it is regular season and the 99 Knicks made it as an 8 seed right?
That isn't what I said at all.  I'm done with your nonsense.  Every thread I post in, you misrepresent and stalk me.  I'm sick of it.

Just to recap this, you spend the offseason talking about how the 76ers have enough shooting because Harris, Richardson and Horford were good shooters. I disagreed (outcome the 76ers have openly lamented their lack of spacing this year from 3 on both the player and coaching end).

I openly wondered whether the Al Horford signing was the worst contract of the offseason. You repeatedly bumped my thread when Al had a good game and have stopped discussing it as Al has sunk to career worse numbers in just about every statistical area (and the 76ers fans have turned on him openly praying for a trade)

You relished in the 76ers early season 5-0 start and repeatedly bumped the thread about them discussing their win pace when they had good games. You have spent the majority of the season discussing how they were above their vegas prediction. I maintained they had a few lucky wins over some bad teams and really were not looking very good. They have since come back to earth big time (lost 7 out of 10, 4 to 5 games under .500 on road). You move the goalposts and say the regular season doesn't matter and bring up teams in the past that won as lower seeds (very few and far between).

Look, you want to be contrarian and constantly pump up one of our biggest rivals on a celtics forum and act confused/argue when Celtics fans take joy in their struggles on a celtics forum, go for it. But please just own up to it and don't accuse me of stalking you or misrepresenting your views when the takes don't age well and me (and other fans) are excited to see a rival imploding after what we went through last year.
This deserves a TP.

Yup. Gonna give him 20.

ill help..TP

Thank you all. It means a lot to me. Tps to you all and I can’t help it feel this is all a little bit of good karma for the c’s. Thank you again

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2020, 08:35:25 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

This deserves a TP.

Yup. Gonna give him 20.

ill help..TP

I don't always agree with Moranis and cc did a nice job defending his position, but better to just give your tp and move on rather than make another poster feel bad/isolated. I'm usually only for mentioning having given a tp when it is a generally positive comment and I have something more to add. This seems like piling on more than anything else.

Anyway, glad to see Philly struggling and am hoping they finish the season out as the 5 seed (or 4, but would rather they not have home court in the 1st round). I just would rather they duke it out with MIL and we can take our chances with MIA.

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

This deserves a TP.

Yup. Gonna give him 20.

ill help..TP

I don't always agree with Moranis and cc did a nice job defending his position, but better to just give your tp and move on rather than make another poster feel bad/isolated. I'm usually only for mentioning having given a tp when it is a generally positive comment and I have something more to add. This seems like piling on more than anything else.

Anyway, glad to see Philly struggling and am hoping they finish the season out as the 5 seed (or 4, but would rather they not have home court in the 1st round). I just would rather they duke it out with MIL and we can take our chances with MIA.
normally I'd go along with that approach but Moranis' track record on anti-Celtic/Pro-everyone else is well known and extremely consistent.  CC deserves yet another TP for successfully debating this topic and doing so pretty courteously considering how many debates here are not handled that way

TP CC

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2020, 10:36:58 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
My heart aches for Al Horford in all of this.

He's got at least 97 million pieces of paper to cry into.

:angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D