Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 2 5/9/24  (Read 10874 times)

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
Not going win without KP, if Allen comes back we are done without KP..this Cleveland team is not Miami

Omg stop with the dramatics. First off Allen is probably not coming back if the guy can’t sleep.

And how are we done? Sure they are better than Miami but they aren’t this juggernaut team we can’t beat.

We just demolished them by 25. Now the series is 1-1 and it’s all over.

This board is ridiculous.

Now if they win tomorrow night it will be Celtics in 5! They are amazing!

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 709
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We will see Saturday if this is a one off or a trend. Going to be a lot harder to right the ship in Cleveland though.

how so? we've done it in miami, milwaukee, philly....

I think the point is that even though there was a bad game in each of those series, we still won all those series.

We can't sleep on CLE.  They are a good team.  Mitchell is a star, Garland is better than people think, and there is a decent supporting cast.  You don't expect to lose by 20 at home but you also shouldn't expect a sweep.

It is hard to understand how the team can let this happen.  Go from looking so good 2 days ago to looking this bad, this flat.  CLE did shoot 50+% from 3.  They made some tough shots, and some open ones.  Very similar to MIA in game 2 of that series.  We have shown we can flip the switch, but we don't want to wear the switch out by having to keep switching it back and forth.

TP.  This team is beyond frustrating and exhausting with this type of stuff they continue to do. Cleveland has a superstar that can carry them long enough for the sidekicks to show up. Well now those sidekicks are at home and confident as they know they can not only beat Boston but the can blow them out. The lack of urgency this team has is just ridiculous.

This is not just one of those games. It keeps happening over and over. It is pattern with this group. Out worked, no force, bullied in the paint. Had no interest in this game which is crazy.

This has become a very dangerous situation for Boston. 2 losses in Cleveland is very possible and that would make this season the most disappointing season maybe ever. Could the Celtics win both there? I suppose even though a split seems the most likely outcome, which I guess would be ok heading into Game 5.

I am frustrated at the lack of leadership on this team and the fact the head coach cannot seem to figure out how to have them ready to play at home. You just cannot trust this team to be consistent and take care of business lke a championship team should be.

Cavs hadn't won on the road this playoffs. Hadn't even scored 100 points on the road this playoff season.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 08:33:48 AM by celticinorlando »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731
We will see Saturday if this is a one off or a trend. Going to be a lot harder to right the ship in Cleveland though.

I think the point is that even though there was a bad game in each of those series, we still won all those series.

We can't sleep on CLE.  They are a good team.  Mitchell is a star, Garland is better than people think, and there is a decent supporting cast.  You don't expect to lose by 20 at home but you also shouldn't expect a sweep.

It is hard to understand how the team can let this happen.  Go from looking so good 2 days ago to looking this bad, this flat.  CLE did shoot 50+% from 3.  They made some tough shots, and some open ones.  Very similar to MIA in game 2 of that series.  We have shown we can flip the switch, but we don't want to wear the switch out by having to keep switching it back and forth.

TP.  This team is beyond frustrating and exhausting with this type of stuff they continue to do. Cleveland has a superstar that can carry them long enough for the sidekicks to show up. Well now those sidekicks are at home and confident as they know they can not only beat Boston but the can blow them out. The lack of urgency this team has is just ridiculous.

This is not just one of those games. It keeps happening over and over. It is pattern with this group. Out worked, no force, bullied in the paint. Had no interest in this game which is crazy.

This has become a very dangerous situation for Boston. 2 losses in Cleveland is very possible and that would make this season the most disappointing season maybe ever. Could the Celtics win both there? I suppose even though a split seems the most likely outcome, which I guess would be ok heading into Game 5.

I am frustrated at the lack of leadership on this team and the fact the head coach cannot seem to figure out how to have them ready to play at home. You just cannot trust this team to be consistent and take care of business lke a championship team should be.

Cavs hadn't won on the road this playoffs. Hadn't even scored 100 points on the road this playoff season.

In all fairness to Mazzulla, this was a problem his previous two predecessors had as well. It begins and ends with Tatum and Brown. Virtually everyone else on the team has been replaced and this issue still persists.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 709
  • MASTER OF PANIC

In all fairness to Mazzulla, this was a problem his previous two predecessors had as well. It begins and ends with Tatum and Brown. Virtually everyone else on the team has been replaced and this issue still persists.

Very good point.

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376

We are just as likely to win both in Cleveland as we are to lose both. I almost guarantee we will not go down 3-1

We will win next game and all will be sunshine and rainbows….until we lose again

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188
Why was jayson tatum acknowledging and answering questions about being a super team or not after the game?
Weird. I actually agree with him but not a good look from him.
Next question.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Blow it up!  Tank for Flagg!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
My friend is in Ohio for the weekend and is going to tomorrow's game, and he got seats near courtside for $250. Dang... those same seats would probably be like $2500 at TD Garden lol...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

We are just as likely to win both in Cleveland as we are to lose both. I almost guarantee we will not go down 3-1

We will win next game and all will be sunshine and rainbows….until we lose again

If we down 3-1 and lose Game 5 somebody is losing their job

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)