Author Topic: Westbrook for Wall and 1st - DONE  (Read 9932 times)

Re: Westbrook for Wall and 1st - DONE
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 08:35:48 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Not sure if there is a winner in this trade....wonder how Bradley Beal feels about this and if he'll push his way out of Washington now???

If you believe Bill Simmons, Beal has been pushing for this trade to happen.

Wall and Beal definitely aren’t fans of one another.  I think he’ll like Westbrook even less.

I've definitely gotten that vibe, that they just tolerated each other. Also didn't help that Wall referred to Beal as his sidekick.

I think Russ and Beal can work. Kind of like how Russ and Paul George played together.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 08:37:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
A trade that won’t move the needle for either team.
This puts Washington in the running for the 7-8 seed and really doesn’t add much for Houston in the west.
I guess it’s a hope and pray it makes the other guys happy kind of trade
Wash will need more than Beal and Westbrook to make the playoffs.  still unproven they can co-exist productively

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 08:38:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Not sure if there is a winner in this trade....wonder how Bradley Beal feels about this and if he'll push his way out of Washington now???

Wall and Beal definitely aren’t fans of one another.  I think he’ll like Westbrook even less.

I've definitely gotten that vibe, that they just tolerated each other. Also didn't help that Wall referred to Beal as his sidekick.

I think Russ and Beal can work. Kind of like how Russ and Paul George played together.

You would hope that after failing in so many places Westbrook at some point will look at himself and make a change for the better, but some people never change.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 08:42:08 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
That Wizards team would have been scary four years ago, lol.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 08:45:58 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think both teams needed this. Houston needed to dump Westbrook and Washington needed to dump Wall. In a weird way, this might actually work out for both teams.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 08:52:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
15% trade kicker for Wall.  That’s a nice bonus, as is moving to a state with no income tax.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 08:53:33 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2020, 08:54:48 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

You would hope that after failing in so many places Westbrook at some point will look at himself and make a change for the better, but some people never change.

Lol. This is his third team. He didn't fail in OKC - unless you consider winning an MVP a failure. And I don't think he failed in Houston. He was 3rd team All-NBA last year.

I know some people don't like his style of play, but there's this irrational hatred for him I don't get.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2020, 09:03:48 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Lol. This is his third team. He didn't fail in OKC - unless you consider winning an MVP a failure. And I don't think he failed in Houston. He was 3rd team All-NBA last year.

I know some people don't like his style of play, but there's this irrational hatred for him I don't get.

Maybe it has something to do with Durant not liking him?

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2020, 09:05:55 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

It more the fact that he's consistently terrible in the playoffs, and his boneheaded shot taking.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2020, 09:09:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

It more the fact that he's consistently terrible in the playoffs, and his boneheaded shot taking.

Yeah, it's his inability to understand how to win and do what's best for team success rather than individual accolades.

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2020, 09:11:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think him being a routine failure in the playoffs is why people dislike him. Since Kevin Durant left he's shot 39% from the field, 30% from 3, averaged 5 turnovers per game, and has taken part in one winning series (of which he only played 3 games).

He quite simply has no perspective on basketball, apparently. Has never been able to adjust how he plays in-game if what he's doing isn't working, and struggles immensely to take the back-seat despite other players either being better than him, like Harden and Durant, or merely having better individual games than him, like George often did.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2020, 09:15:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Man, that deal is going to kill Houston. Houston is done. Harden is leaving. 12 months from now, Harden is out the door.

Wall is finished. Torn achilles for a speedy guard who over-relies on his athleticism and has failed to further develop his skill-level for years? No way. He's not coming back anywhere near where he left off of.

Houston is done and Harden is out the door 12 months from now.

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2020, 09:17:19 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Man, that deal is going to kill Houston. Houston is done. Harden is leaving. 12 months from now, Harden is out the door.

Wall is finished. Torn achilles for a speedy guard who over-relies on his athleticism and has failed to further develop his skill-level for years? No way. He's not coming back anywhere near where he left off of.

Houston is done and Harden is out the door 12 months from now.
Houston were already killed when they got smoked by the Fakers.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2020, 09:21:16 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I think him being a routine failure in the playoffs is why people dislike him. Since Kevin Durant left he's shot 39% from the field, 30% from 3, averaged 5 turnovers per game, and has taken part in one winning series (of which he only played 3 games).

He quite simply has no perspective on basketball, apparently. Has never been able to adjust how he plays in-game if what he's doing isn't working, and struggles immensely to take the back-seat despite other players either being better than him, like Harden and Durant, or merely having better individual games than him, like George often did.

Again, this feels like hyperbole. He took a noticeable backseat to Harden last year (who still put 34pts a game). In OKC, Paul George had his best season playing next to him and finished 3rd in MVP voting. Can he be a better team player? Absolutely. Does he need to improve his efficiency? Oh god yes. But even so, the narrative around him is definitely over blown.
2021 Houston Rockets