Author Topic: Trade Irving for the sake of the team  (Read 56159 times)

Re: Trade Irving for the sake of the team
« Reply #480 on: January 30, 2019, 10:18:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
I can't even believe this is a real thread. What a stupid thing to even consider.

kinda what i thought the exact same thing when i first saw it .  Surely its a joke

« Reply #481 on: January 30, 2019, 10:22:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Exactly why does Kyrie have to go public to refute the latest bogus rumors? Who does he have to tell that these rumors are bogus?
He doesn't need to go public but it would be nice if he told AD that they were bogus and tried to recruit him during all-star weekend.
And where are the reports that he hasn't contacted AD to tell him that or that Kyrie wouldn't recruit him during All-Star weekend? Not sure why you are mentioning these things

« Reply #482 on: January 30, 2019, 10:28:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Exactly why does Kyrie have to go public to refute the latest bogus rumors? Who does he have to tell that these rumors are bogus?
He doesn't need to go public but it would be nice if he told AD that they were bogus and tried to recruit him during all-star weekend.
And where are the reports that he hasn't contacted AD to tell him that or that Kyrie wouldn't recruit him during All-Star weekend? Not sure why you are mentioning these things

what?

If Kyrie was successful in any way shape or form to recruit or entice AD to join him in Boston

AD doesn't tell the world now that he wants to be traded

« Reply #483 on: January 30, 2019, 10:38:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

what?

If Kyrie was successful in any way shape or form to recruit or entice AD to join him in Boston

Maybe Kyrie wasn't doing any recruiting before the trade demand. You don't know that.

And I am one to believe that it's more Rich Paul doing all the media stuff and that the trade demand was more Paul convincing AD it was in his best interest to come out now than later. I am convinced, as are many GMs in the league, that this is just Paul tampering with Davis, even though he is Davis' agent, on behalf of Lebron as Lebron needs stars to compete.

We will see what happens but Davis is on the Pels bench cheering his team on, which to me means he plans on being in New Orleans at least through this year and doesn't want to alienate himself from his team mates. Demps has said he won't be trading AD before the deadline. Boston has the best package, at the moment, so there is no incentive to trade Davis.

Kyrie, for all we know, after having everything come out could have called Davis and set him straight on the rumors and recruited him already.

« Reply #484 on: January 30, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!

what?

Maybe Kyrie wasn't doing any recruiting before the trade demand. You don't know that.

And I am one to believe that it's more Rich Paul doing all the media stuff and that the trade demand was more Paul convincing AD it was in his best interest to come out now than later. I am convinced, as are many GMs in the league, that this is just Paul tampering with Davis, even though he is Davis' agent, on behalf of Lebron as Lebron needs stars to compete.

We will see what happens but Davis is on the Pels bench cheering his team on, which to me means he plans on being in New Orleans at least through this year and doesn't want to alienate himself from his team mates. Demps has said he won't be trading AD before the deadline. Boston has the best package, at the moment, so there is no incentive to trade Davis.

Kyrie, for all we know, after having everything come out could have called Davis and set him straight on the rumors and recruited him already.

This is backed up by Steve Bulpett's latest article:
Most everyone I’ve spoken to around the Celts and the All-Star guard has held out the caveat that unforeseen events could alter his course, but they have heard nothing from Irving to indicate he plans to do anything other than opt out of the final year of his contract this summer and sign a longer and richer pact with the local professional basketball company.

There have been reports to the contrary — that he is strongly weighing his options and perhaps even leaning toward the door — but one source very close to the situation laughed and suggested that sowing doubt regarding Irving is in the best interest of others who are, of course, free to pursue their agenda

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/01/30/bulpett-wading-through-the-real-and-the-drama-with-celts-ad-and-kyrie/
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #485 on: January 30, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

what?

you are jumping the gun like no tomorrow

1. AD is not some 10 year old.  He hired Paul.  Lets get this straight
2. AD must know of the implications of asking for a trade now and a how it blocks any chance of the Celts from obtaining him by this trade deadline
3. You and a few others state, that Celts have the best package.  and?  This was also true to trade for PG13, Leonard.... and did Danny do anything?

Pelicans can't and should not rely that the Celts will give them xyz ....they are sure!   Having the Celts as a "threat" to obtain AD may drive up the price a little.   But this is of little interest for the Celtics fans.  It's obtain Davis or nothing.....and we don't know what Danny is willing to let go for him.  We don't know if Irving will 1st sign an extension

Are the Pelicans willing to "suffer"  while also willing to waste a half of season of Davis contract
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:27:50 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #486 on: January 30, 2019, 10:51:19 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It's amazing to see how much better the team collectively looks with Kyrie out.  I'm not sure I've seen that with any other player.  Beal looks much better without Wall, for example, but does the majority of the team? I can't think of a precedent.

It's also harrowing to think about paying Kyrie $40 mil/year in his mid-30s.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #487 on: January 30, 2019, 10:57:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If Iam the Pelicans

I have a price in mind right now

and if someone is willing to meet this .... then I would pull the trigger

Example
-Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, future 1st
-Middleton, Brogdon, Maker, Divicenzo

If these teams are crazy enough to strip their team dry in hopes to land Davis

If Davis is not traded by the deadline....then Celts are lucky and will get to see the river card.  Still I don't think it will be all easy after that.  Have to wait for Irving to sign an extension (the same suspense people had to experience with Durant, Hayward etc).  Then Danny will try to pry Davis for the least.... meaning not giving up both Brown, Tatum and multiple 1sts  ....  I hope the Pelicans don't think , this is going to be a slam dunk in dealing with Danny and the Celtics

« Reply #488 on: January 30, 2019, 11:00:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
It's amazing to see how much better the team collectively looks with Kyrie out.  I'm not sure I've seen that with any other player.  Beal looks much better without Wall, for example, but does the majority of the team? I can't think of a precedent.

Not really... only 5 year max plus a player option...so really 4 years solid

Irving will only be 31-32
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:08:13 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #489 on: January 30, 2019, 11:16:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
If Iam the Pelicans

Example

If Davis is not traded by the deadline....then Celts are lucky and will get to see the river card.  Still I don't think it will be all easy after that.  Have to wait for Irving to sign an extension (the same suspense people had to experience with Durant, Hayward etc).  Then Danny will try to pry Davis for the least.... meaning not giving up both Brown, Tatum and multiple 1sts  ....  I hope the Pelicans don't think , this is going to be a slam dunk in dealing with Danny and the Celtics
There is no reason from any business standpoint you look at for New Orleans to make a deal now. None.

Teams will know exactly where the draft picks will land in May, after the deadline. If NYK get the first pick and decide to move that pick, Knox, and Porzingas for AD because NY plans to sign another star to team with Davis, you need to wait on that. If Boston is willing to give you 2 lottery picks plus Tatum and Brown, players proven to be able to lead a playoff team, you have to wait. You don't hurt your team by being impatient.

Also, since Davis requested a trade, my guess is the Pels phones have rung off the hook from calls from the rest of the GMs in the league, including Danny. So Demps knows exactly what will be available this summer.

Lastly, Demps may as well kiss his career goodbye if he trades Davis to the same team he has complained to the league is tampering with Davis before he is able to field every offer possible. That would call into question his decision making and loyalty to his employer if he did do that.

Demps: "Hey, they are tampering with my player. Oh, nevermind, I decided to trade my player to the team that has been trying to make my team worse by tampering with my player."

Who would ever hire Demps again after something like that?

« Reply #490 on: January 30, 2019, 11:34:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If Iam the Pelicans

Example

There is no reason from any business standpoint you look at for New Orleans to make a deal now. None.

Teams will know exactly where the draft picks will land in May, after the deadline. If NYK get the first pick and decide to move that pick, Knox, and Porzingas for AD because NY plans to sign another star to team with Davis, you need to wait on that. If Boston is willing to give you 2 lottery picks plus Tatum and Brown, players proven to be able to lead a playoff team, you have to wait. You don't hurt your team by being impatient.

Also, since Davis requested a trade, my guess is the Pels phones have rung off the hook from calls from the rest of the GMs in the league, including Danny. So Demps knows exactly what will be available this summer.

Lastly, Demps may as well kiss his career goodbye if he trades Davis to the same team he has complained to the league is tampering with Davis before he is able to field every offer possible. That would call into question his decision making and loyalty to his employer if he did do that.

Demps: "Hey, they are tampering with my player. Oh, nevermind, I decided to trade my player to the team that has been trying to make my team worse by tampering with my player."

Who would ever hire Demps again after something like that?

If the Lakers are willing to include Kuzma, Ball, Ingram

It should be a done deal

Kuzma, Ball and a 1st prob gets it done

Lakers or not

Magic may not include Kuzma for now... but come trade day, I think he will

And also he will threaten the Pelicans the deal is off the table if DD doesnt take the offer

Since Magic can claim him as a FA (trump card) , after someone rents Davis for a season

« Reply #491 on: January 30, 2019, 11:34:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If Iam the Pelicans

Example

Your Bucks offer is straight trash, and I’m sure you don’t even realize why.

« Reply #492 on: January 30, 2019, 11:36:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If Iam the Pelicans

Example

Trash to you because you dont know anything

Other than Giannis who are the Bucks next assets?

Then go back to my answer

« Reply #493 on: January 30, 2019, 11:38:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

This narrative is absolutely nonexistent when we have good wins against elite teams / go toe to toe with them. It’s also funny because no matter how much better they “look”, they provably perform worse.

Also, you know Kyrie is 26 right?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #494 on: January 30, 2019, 11:44:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If Iam the Pelicans

Example

Trash to you because you dont know anything

Other than Giannis who are the Bucks next assets?

Then go back to my answer
I hope you know Middleton is an expiring who will demand heaps of money. Not sure why the Bucks would want 2 FA headaches in Randle and Middleton
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)