Poll

What Team Is The Klaw Playing For Past The 2018-2019 Season?

Staying In San Antonio. Spurs For Life.
11 (16.7%)
New York Knicks
2 (3%)
Los Angeles Lakers
26 (39.4%)
Boston Celtics
16 (24.2%)
Philadelphia 76ers
6 (9.1%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (1.5%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Poll: Who Is Kawhi Leonard Playing For In 2019 & Beyond?  (Read 9205 times)

Re: Poll: Who Is Kawhi Leonard Playing For In 2019 & Beyond?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 10:05:14 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Heat

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 11:06:40 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I said sixers. I think they have the assets to make a trade, the incentive to do so, and the potential to keep him. And nobody talks about them, and I don’t think the Celtics will trade Tatum for him, while Philly can offer Dario Saric, a lotto pick, other picks, and a few young guys with promise. For one year of Kawhi if the Spurs figure it’s done with Kawhi, I think the deal is there to be made.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 01:17:47 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I said sixers. I think they have the assets to make a trade, the incentive to do so, and the potential to keep him. And nobody talks about them, and I don’t think the Celtics will trade Tatum for him, while Philly can offer Dario Saric, a lotto pick, other picks, and a few young guys with promise. For one year of Kawhi if the Spurs figure it’s done with Kawhi, I think the deal is there to be made.

What about Brown? Who has more potential than Saric? And a couple of lotto picks as well?

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

What about Brown? Who has more potential than Saric? And a couple of lotto picks as well?

Yeah, I mean, I would be pretty bummed if I were a Spurs fan and we traded a top 5 player in the NBA for freakin' Dario Saric and the #10 pick. Jaylen and the Mem pick is better than that offer (nevermind the Sac pick), plus Jaylen would be a perfect replacement for Kawhi.

Who are the other young guys involved in the deal? I would think Fultz has to be one of them to be able to beat our 'B' offer (Tatum and Sac pick is our 'A').

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 02:23:11 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Saric doesn’t get Kawhi. Not a chance.

I’m not even positive Fultz does. Regardless of his well-documented issues, he doesn’t appear to be a Pop type of player.

There isn’t a GM in this league that wouldn’t take Brown/SAC18 over Saric/LAL17.

Unless they are willing to give up Fultz AND Saric, they won’t get him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 03:16:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, if you read the other thread I created a while ago, "Are we doomed if Philly adds Lebron", I also now added that if they traded for Leonard instead, we may still be doomed LOL.  :P

But does Saric + picks really thread the needle? PHI obviously won't give up Simmons/Embiid for Leonard, but would they consider Fultz?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 06:20:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Yeah, if you read the other thread I created a while ago, "Are we doomed if Philly adds Lebron", I also now added that if they traded for Leonard instead, we may still be doomed LOL.  :P

But does Saric + picks really thread the needle? PHI obviously won't give up Simmons/Embiid for Leonard, but would they consider Fultz?

They’d consider offering Fultz. And Pop would consider them crazy making such a pitiful offer.

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 08:04:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Bleacher Report posted an article with trade ideas involving Kawhi.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2768330-potential-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-spurs-star-kawhi-leonard

For Boston, they suggest:

Boston Celtics Receive: SF Kawhi Leonard

San Antonio Spurs Receive: SF/PF Marcus Morris, PG/SG Terry Rozier, SF/PF Jayson Tatum, PF/C Daniel Theis, 2019 top-eight protected first-round pick (from Boston, via Memphis)

Idk... I'd rather not. Maybe replace Tatum with Brown and I'd think about it, but then we have a logjam at the 3 with Leonard, Hayward and Tatum, and I also really like Theis coming off the bench behind Horford and another big like Monroe/Baynes. (And we possibly have a hole at the 2 after this trade unless Smart re-signs)

They also suggest trade ideas for Phoenix, Lakers, Sixers, Bucks and Cavaliers. The Cavaliers one is pure LOL. Lakers they suggest they give up both Kuzma + Ingram, and Sixers give up both Fultz + Saric (along with picks obviously). Suns idea looks "meh" as well but I guess it really depends where that pick lands.

Thoughts on the ideas?

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 08:50:56 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Bleacher Report posted an article with trade ideas involving Kawhi.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2768330-potential-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-spurs-star-kawhi-leonard

For Boston, they suggest:

Boston Celtics Receive: SF Kawhi Leonard

San Antonio Spurs Receive: SF/PF Marcus Morris, PG/SG Terry Rozier, SF/PF Jayson Tatum, PF/C Daniel Theis, 2019 top-eight protected first-round pick (from Boston, via Memphis)

Idk... I'd rather not. Maybe replace Tatum with Brown and I'd think about it, but then we have a logjam at the 3 with Leonard, Hayward and Tatum, and I also really like Theis coming off the bench behind Horford and another big like Monroe/Baynes. (And we possibly have a hole at the 2 after this trade unless Smart re-signs)

They also suggest trade ideas for Phoenix, Lakers, Sixers, Bucks and Cavaliers. The Cavaliers one is pure LOL. Lakers they suggest they give up both Kuzma + Ingram, and Sixers give up both Fultz + Saric (along with picks obviously). Suns idea looks "meh" as well but I guess it really depends where that pick lands.

Thoughts on the ideas?

Wait, so in that proposed deal, we could get Leonard AND keep the Kings Pick? Wow.

And honestly I think if I'm the Spurs looking for real good value back, then I'd look at the Sixers, Lakers and Celtics ideas. Not too high on Milwaukee's though maybe the Spurs like Middleton a ton, and the Cavaliers idea doesn't look great. Cavaliers offer Nets Pick and that's basically it, which other teams can easily outbid. Suns is intriguing as their pick could land #1 this year, but if it doesn't, I'm not sure how much value Bender even has. And is Josh Jackson really an intriguing name to San Antonio? Spurs could still take it though, and pair Booker with Leonard.

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 11:16:42 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
San Antonio. They need each other.

If not, he should find a team with a great coach. He will determine his best fit. Lakers are not out of the question. If I'm Kawhi I'd look at HOU, BOS, PHI, and TOR.

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2018, 11:21:18 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Kawhi isn't going to sacrifice that supermax when he's making peanuts compared to his peers in endorsement money lol. If he wants endorsement money, staying in San Antonio will still allow him to get a huge deal with a Chinese brand, he doesn't need to move to a big market team unless he wants a big deal from say Nike/Adidas/Jordan.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2018, 11:16:36 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Kawhi isn't going to sacrifice that supermax when he's making peanuts compared to his peers in endorsement money lol. If he wants endorsement money, staying in San Antonio will still allow him to get a huge deal with a Chinese brand, he doesn't need to move to a big market team unless he wants a big deal from say Nike/Adidas/Jordan.

I keep hearing some reports that Kawhi's uncle is involved with this saga. Someone know more about that? He seems to want Kawhi to go somewhere "bigger", but at the expense of a supermax deal in SA??

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Injury history, will be 32 when that deal ends and he'll be paid 40-50$ million a season.
He does not pass either.
Hellllll naaawww.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 11:34:35 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Injury history, will be 32 when that deal ends and he'll be paid 40-50$ million a season.
He does not pass either.
Hellllll naaawww.

I'm also fine keeping our core intact, returning healthy guys and just making sure we also have a solid bench (good depth). I wouldn't even trade for Davis right now even if the Pelicans were actually taking calls.

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2018, 11:54:31 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

I keep hearing some reports that Kawhi's uncle is involved with this saga. Someone know more about that? He seems to want Kawhi to go somewhere "bigger", but at the expense of a supermax deal in SA??
That max difference will be nothing compared to his shoe deal and commercial money he is going to get in LA