Author Topic: Royce White missing games and practices  (Read 16190 times)

Royce White missing games and practices
« on: November 14, 2012, 02:13:02 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
White skipped Monday’s game and Tuesday’s practice amid signs he has not practiced for days. The absences are unexcused, a person with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.

Rockets acting coach Kelvin Sampson said he did not know why White did not attend Tuesday’s practice and did not speak with him Monday, when Motiejunas and Machado were told of the plans to send them to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers........“None of us have seen Royce. He didn’t come to the game and missed three or four practices. … I text him all the time, make sure he’s doing fine, but he hasn’t texted back.” said Marcus Morris

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/11/royce-white-absent-from-practice-sent-to-d-league-team-with-machado-motiejunas/

Re: Royce White missing games and practices
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:23:47 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
sucks for the guy what hes going through.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:59:42 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Houston management i think now regrets giving that 18th pick to White. There were still plenty of good choices after him. See Sullinger, Perry jones III, etc.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:09:44 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
i would trade melo for him if houston just wanted to get rid of him

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 06:50:07 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Maybe they do have this in place but to me with his issues Houston would have a paid employee/psychology person on hand with White every day.  They have $ invested and you have a young man's health to consider.  "None of us have seen Royce", missed a game and 3 or 4 practices sounds like a week at least no one has seen him.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 08:30:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
wow ...he may have some D. West type  issues lurking in his head.

and NO way ..I wouldn't trade Melo for White. 

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 08:35:18 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
i would trade melo for him if houston just wanted to get rid of him

Houston will probably release him.

I'm very glad we didn't trade up to grab him now.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Shame on the rockets for not accounting for this earlier on.  His condition was widely publicized before the draft.  They should have had a plan in place from the second he was drafted.

If they did have a plan and its not adequate shame on the rockets, if the plan is reasonable and White isn't playing ball with the team than shame on him
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Did he ever show up to camp or are they still waiting for him to clock his first practice?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 08:46:58 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Shame on the rockets for not accounting for this earlier on.  His condition was widely publicized before the draft.  They should have had a plan in place from the second he was drafted.

If they did have a plan and its not adequate shame on the rockets, if the plan is reasonable and White isn't playing ball with the team than shame on him

it seems the rockets did anticipate problems and had a plan of some sort.

The Rockets knew that White suffers from generalized anxiety disorder when they chose him with the No. 16 pick in the draft last June.
Problems first surfaced when White did not show up for the start of training camp, which was held at the home of the Rockets’ D League affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers. During that time, White and his representatives worked out a plan with the Rockets and the NBA which would allow him to travel to many road games by bus, since a fear of flying exacerbates his anxiety disorder.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/13/rockets-white-awol-again/

then white responds below...though after reading his responses, i think maybe his troubles involve more than a fear of flying. his responses seem self-contradictory and the product of a confused mind. at it seems as if he and the rockets are not seeing eye to eye at all on this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/rockets/2012/11/13/royce-white-houston-anxiety-disorder-fear-of-flying/1703741/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 08:50:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

They did have a plan, it sounds like the plan came apart one way or another.

As for the suggestion they hire someone to be with him all the time, I imagine he has no desire for a company babysitter no matter how well credentialed.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

it seems the rockets did anticipate problems and had a plan of some sort.

The Rockets knew that White suffers from generalized anxiety disorder when they chose him with the No. 16 pick in the draft last June.
Problems first surfaced when White did not show up for the start of training camp, which was held at the home of the Rockets’ D League affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers. During that time, White and his representatives worked out a plan with the Rockets and the NBA which would allow him to travel to many road games by bus, since a fear of flying exacerbates his anxiety disorder.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/13/rockets-white-awol-again/

then white responds below...though after reading his responses, i think maybe his troubles involve more than a fear of flying. his responses seem self-contradictory and the product of a confused mind. at it seems as if he and the rockets are not seeing eye to eye at all on this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/rockets/2012/11/13/royce-white-houston-anxiety-disorder-fear-of-flying/1703741/
Yeah after reading his response you have to wonder what the heck the actual issues are.

Hopefully he can figure it out, plenty of messed up young players have, more haven't....

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 08:57:03 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

As for the suggestion they hire someone to be with him all the time, I imagine he has no desire for a company babysitter no matter how well credentialed.

Im not really sure how much having a therapist or somebody with him all the time would help.  Its a process, its not something that having somebody with you can necessarily help in the moment.  This is not a quick fix scenario.

(Im not saying you are suggesting that it is, im just voicing my thoughts on that issue)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 08:58:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Im not really sure how much having a therapist or somebody with him all the time would help.  Its a process, its not something that having somebody with you can necessarily help in the moment.  This is not a quick fix scenario.

(Im not saying you are suggesting that it is, im just voicing my thoughts on that issue)
He'd never trust someone who is employed by the Rockets based on the acrimony in his statements over this. Without trust the professional would be useless in any capacity.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 09:04:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

He'd never trust someone who is employed by the Rockets based on the acrimony in his statements over this. Without trust the professional would be useless in any capacity.

I agree, my only thing is that this isnt like the Josh Hamilton situation, im not sure having somebody with him would help even if it was somebody of White's choosing.