Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread  (Read 207915 times)

Re: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread
« Reply #870 on: April 01, 2021, 11:37:29 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Clippers look like poop tonight.

Will look like different  team once Rondo starts playing. How nice it must be to have a pass first point guard to actually run the offense...but nstead we have two chuckers with Kemba and Smart. Ugh
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #871 on: April 01, 2021, 11:55:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Nets crushing the Hornets early with no Harden or KD. Up by 21 after 1 quarter. Hayward doing his usual disappearing act against a good team. Rozier is playing out of control. They are a a combined 2-10 from the field. You can have them Charlotte

Says more about Nets...

Hayward just vanished in this one.

He always Turtles in big games. Rozier playing hero ball. Down by 30 now. Good for the C’s, though.

Has Hayward ever come up big in a big moment?
Did you watch him in Utah? Or at college? What about his amazing play in the bubble?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #872 on: April 02, 2021, 04:43:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What about his amazing play in the bubble?

We have different definitions of amazing.   I thought he was solid until he got hurt.

« Reply #873 on: April 02, 2021, 05:06:18 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
What about his amazing play in the bubble?

We have different definitions of amazing.   I thought he was solid until he got hurt.
Amazing might have been hyperbole, but 18/8/4 as a third / fourth option is elite.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #874 on: April 02, 2021, 08:40:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Raptors up on the Warriors 99-49 in the 3rd!
Yup

« Reply #875 on: April 02, 2021, 08:45:16 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Raptors up on the Warriors 99-49 in the 3rd!

No Draymond or Steph... That’s pretty wild, though.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #876 on: April 02, 2021, 10:26:37 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Lakers finalizing plan to have fans in attendance at Staples Center starting April 15th, when the Boston Celtics come to LA.

:(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #877 on: April 02, 2021, 10:28:12 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Hornets were impressive closing out the Pacers tonight. The Celtics will have their hands full on Sunday.

« Reply #878 on: April 02, 2021, 10:45:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lakers finalizing plan to have fans in attendance at Staples Center starting April 15th, when the Boston Celtics come to LA.

:(
Fans or packed house of fans?

If it's just fans, that means about 2000 people. 1000 of which will show up mid way through the first and leave mid way through the 4th.

« Reply #879 on: April 03, 2021, 12:25:49 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Theis has a very bad transition to the Bulls. Maybe enough to make him loose his attractivity... And to resign him as our big sub at something 15M 3 years ? That would be a fun perfect moove from Ainge  ;D (and then dump TT and other garbage bigs). I am half joking.

« Reply #880 on: April 03, 2021, 12:47:44 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Hornets were impressive closing out the Pacers tonight. The Celtics will have their hands full on Sunday.

These Celtics have their hands full every night.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #881 on: April 03, 2021, 02:13:15 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Does this sound familiar?

"I just think the game went south on us quickly and we got demoralized...I think without **** and **** out there I think we were a little bit rudderless when things went south. We didn't have the internal fight that we needed to kind of get over the hump."

"Our team has been built on sharing the ball...When you move the ball in this game, that's when the magic happens, when you build an energy, a karma, the shots tend to go in if you move the ball and you share it. And I just saw one possession after another tonight that was one pass and a shot. We've got to play for each other and I didn't think we did that tonight."

"As a young player, a lot of guys try to do too much...I think that's what's happening with **** right now. I think he's such a gifted guy, and he's always been able to do whatever he wanted on the floor, but the NBA, the game happens so fast that you just have to sort of strip it down to 'let's be good at the things that I can be good at right now and then my game will expand as we go forward.'"

Link

Sounds a lot like Brad, doesn't it? It's Steve Kerr talking about the Dubs after they got caned by 50+ by Toronto.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #882 on: April 03, 2021, 02:55:34 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

"I just think the game went south on us quickly and we got demoralized...I think without **** and **** out there I think we were a little bit rudderless when things went south. We didn't have the internal fight that we needed to kind of get over the hump."

"Our team has been built on sharing the ball...When you move the ball in this game, that's when the magic happens, when you build an energy, a karma, the shots tend to go in if you move the ball and you share it. And I just saw one possession after another tonight that was one pass and a shot. We've got to play for each other and I didn't think we did that tonight."

"As a young player, a lot of guys try to do too much...I think that's what's happening with **** right now. I think he's such a gifted guy, and he's always been able to do whatever he wanted on the floor, but the NBA, the game happens so fast that you just have to sort of strip it down to 'let's be good at the things that I can be good at right now and then my game will expand as we go forward.'"

Link

Sounds a lot like Brad, doesn't it? It's Steve Kerr talking about the Dubs after they got caned by 50+ by Toronto.
Apparently if you don't scream like a manchild after every loss, you just don't care.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #883 on: April 03, 2021, 06:50:11 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Theo Maldeon was 33 points yesterday, since he starts he is something like 17 5 7 with improoving efficiency (still low percentage in season). At 19 he isn't affraid. Strong minded. Not strong body but he is a hard worker. This is promising. I know Pritchard would score more in a bad team, but to me he has still a higher ceiling also comparing to Bane). At second round he was probably one of the biggest take since a few years.
 Whatever instead of loosing the 30 for almost nothing, waiting hopefully Madar become a good NBA player, we could have locked our PG with 2 promising guys, who could also having being complementary (both good IQ player but a better shooter in Pritchard and a more all around player with Maledon). Sad about his miss (always thought he was the best french gard entering in the league since TP, even if Hayes still have potential-).

« Reply #884 on: April 03, 2021, 10:50:07 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Link

No it does not. Stevens NEVER calls out his players. Certainly not by name. It is is funny that all you guys that defended the play of this team with all kinds of excuses do not have the courage to admit you were wrong and that those that so all the flaws were right. Now you are trying to compare a three time championship coach to Stevens? Please!