Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread  (Read 207508 times)

Re: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread
« Reply #1005 on: April 12, 2021, 11:32:16 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Gosh, I love watching the Jazz.

They're playing Washington and I want to also add; I want Bradley Beal on the Cetlics.

Any chance of that happening? At all?

I’d put it at about 10%.  It doesn’t seem like he wants to leave the Wizards, and the Wizards want him to stay.  But he also seems like a player, if not THE player, whom the Celtics will pursue this summer for a trade.

Welp, got to start with Jaylen Brown for any trade with Beal to Boston.

Not completely true.  Beal has a player option after next year, and is in the position to force a trade if he wants to, which could lessen the Wizards ability to command Brown.  I don’t expect that to happen (and I don’t expect Washington to trade him without such a demand), but I don’t think it’s a given Brown would be included.  If Harden could be had for mostly picks, so can Beal.  I think Kemba, 4 1sts, and TimeLord is a package that would get it done.

« Reply #1006 on: April 12, 2021, 11:42:43 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

They're playing Washington and I want to also add; I want Bradley Beal on the Cetlics.

I’d put it at about 10%.  It doesn’t seem like he wants to leave the Wizards, and the Wizards want him to stay.  But he also seems like a player, if not THE player, whom the Celtics will pursue this summer for a trade.

Not completely true.  Beal has a player option after next year, and is in the position to force a trade if he wants to, which could lessen the Wizards ability to command Brown.  I don’t expect that to happen (and I don’t expect Washington to trade him without such a demand), but I don’t think it’s a given Brown would be included.  If Harden could be had for mostly picks, so can Beal.  I think Kemba, 4 1sts, and TimeLord is a package that would get it done.

If Beal forces his way to Boston, Washington would have little choice...

« Reply #1007 on: April 12, 2021, 11:48:55 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I’m not sure Beal forces his way to Boston, specifically.  I think he’d force his way to a handful of teams, of which Boston might be one.

« Reply #1008 on: April 13, 2021, 12:01:30 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I’m not sure Beal forces his way to Boston, specifically.  I think he’d force his way to a handful of teams, of which Boston might be one.

Tatum is close with him and Beal could say he'd only resign with The Celtics. Didn't Harden force his way to Brooklyn and Davis to The Lakers. It happens.

« Reply #1009 on: April 13, 2021, 12:30:25 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Tatum is close with him and Beal could say he'd only resign with The Celtics. Didn't Harden force his way to Brooklyn and Davis to The Lakers. It happens.

Harden had a few teams on his list, notably Boston and Philly in addition to Brooklyn.  Having lived in DC, I’ve seen a lot of Beal, and it would really surprise me if he’d force his way to a single team, as opposed to telling the Wizards he wasn’t picking up his option and they should trade him to a contender.

Also, the Wizards would totally consider Kemba Walker an asset in a trade.  They want names to sell to their fans.

« Reply #1010 on: April 13, 2021, 12:38:17 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Jamal Murray's knee buckles inward, doesn't look good.  acl maybe, hope not

« Reply #1011 on: April 13, 2021, 12:55:33 AM »

Kiorrik

Seeing this stuff happen hurts so much man. Injuries are the worst.

« Reply #1012 on: April 13, 2021, 12:58:34 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

His knee cap looked weird but I don't know what Murray's knee looks like normally. It looked really bad. Hate to see it.

« Reply #1013 on: April 13, 2021, 01:02:57 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Harden had a few teams on his list, notably Boston and Philly in addition to Brooklyn.  Having lived in DC, I’ve seen a lot of Beal, and it would really surprise me if he’d force his way to a single team, as opposed to telling the Wizards he wasn’t picking up his option and they should trade him to a contender.

Also, the Wizards would totally consider Kemba Walker an asset in a trade.  They want names to sell to their fans.

I don't buy the Harden list. Brooklyn originally said he wanted to go to Brooklyn and that's were he went. I think everything else was smoke.

« Reply #1014 on: April 13, 2021, 08:39:17 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I don't buy the Harden list. Brooklyn originally said he wanted to go to Brooklyn and that's were he went. I think everything else was smoke.

I buy it. He was desperate to leave Houston and was frustrated with lack of traction with Bkln and Philly. He viewed Boston as a contending team. Rightfully so.

« Reply #1015 on: April 13, 2021, 09:33:57 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think I can kiss my Denver futures bet goodbye.

Ugh....hate to see that happen with an injury but Murray's looks bad.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1016 on: April 13, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Saw Wiseman is probably out for the year with a torn meniscus. That's terrible at 19-20 years old.

Bright side of things, one less guy for the C's to worry about when they play GSW in a few days, though it still sucks. Hate seeing anyone get injured

« Reply #1017 on: April 13, 2021, 10:36:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Saw Wiseman is probably out for the year with a torn meniscus. That's terrible at 19-20 years old.

Bright side of things, one less guy for the C's to worry about when they play GSW in a few days, though it still sucks. Hate seeing anyone get injured
Rough for two playoff teams in Denver and GSW losing guys
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1018 on: April 13, 2021, 11:07:51 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Awful.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
 · 3m
Nuggets star guard Jamal Murray has a torn ACL in his left knee, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1019 on: April 13, 2021, 11:27:44 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Awful.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
 · 3m
Nuggets star guard Jamal Murray has a torn ACL in his left knee, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

Sucks.  Hope for a complete and speedy recovery for him.

Have to imagine that all but destroys Denver’s chances this year, too.  Jokic is great, but he can’t do it alone.