Author Topic: One Team League Pass  (Read 3720 times)

One Team League Pass
« on: September 25, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
So... I was gonna drop the $120.00 for the Celtics only league pass, but all Nationally televised games are blacked out. This includes games on NBA TV. This turns out to be exactly half the games, 41 games. Yikes! I would get full game replays...

What do ya'll think?!?!? Is it worth it? Is there a better solution? Has anyone done this and what was your experience?

Re: One Team League Pass
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 08:03:17 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
3 years ago, I paid the 1 team league pass and it was great. That was there weren't a ton of nationally televised games and I was living in another state, so it worked really well.

2 years ago, I paid the 1 team league pass and regretted it strongly. They "upgraded" their player and the change brought a ton of technical issues. There were more Nationally Televised games and I found myself watching streams of questionable legality even when I could have watched the game on League Pass because the quality was way higher, there weren't commercials, and I didn't have any technical issues.

Last year, I saved my money. 120 bucks is a lot and the service isn't great. Besides, with the number of nationally televised games, it wasn't worth it.

This year, with half the games blacked out, you're paying like 3 bucks a pop for a quality stream that's inferior to many of the ones available for free online. League pass just isn't a good product anymore and it's their own fault for becoming complacent.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 08:04:16 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Buy international league pass instead.  All the games, none of the blackouts, and it's actually cheaper in some locations.  I believe India was the cheapest last year.

Just use a VPN to sign up and to launch the games, but once you start streaming you can turn your VPN off if you wanted (or move it back to a local region).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:24:27 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:08:51 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
3 years ago, I paid the 1 team league pass and it was great. That was there weren't a ton of nationally televised games and I was living in another state, so it worked really well.

2 years ago, I paid the 1 team league pass and regretted it strongly. They "upgraded" their player and the change brought a ton of technical issues. There were more Nationally Televised games and I found myself watching streams of questionable legality even when I could have watched the game on League Pass because the quality was way higher, there weren't commercials, and I didn't have any technical issues.

Last year, I saved my money. 120 bucks is a lot and the service isn't great. Besides, with the number of nationally televised games, it wasn't worth it.

This year, with half the games blacked out, you're paying like 3 bucks a pop for a quality stream that's inferior to many of the ones available for free online. League pass just isn't a good product anymore and it's their own fault for becoming complacent.

I don't have TV, other than over the air digital antena. So not many of those nationally televised games are available to me. I also find searching for streams a bit difficult at times, pop ups, cookies embeded, blah blah blah.

What site do you use? Is it relaible? Are we allowed to discuss this on new site?

Thanks fpr the reponse. TP

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 08:13:19 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Puns of steel
I just watch on my laptop. Or aircast to my TV.

Usually, https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/ has between 6-10 links a game, 4-5 of which are usually HD and work pretty well. I can link that website because it's not the actual streaming service--it's more like a phonebook of streaming services.

Sometimes it can be tricky to exit out of the pop ups/ ads that block the streams, but after you get used to it, it's not an issue.

Typically, about 10-30 min before a game starts, I'll pop over to NBASTREAMS reddit, click the thread about the Celtics, and boot up a stream. So far it's worked better than League Pass has (for me).
Pro:

Anti:

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 08:13:35 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
Buy international league pass instead.  All the games, none of the blackouts, and it's actually cheaper in some locations.  I believe India was the cheapest last year.

Just use a VPN to sign up, and to launch the games, but once you start streaming you can turn your VPN off if you wanted (or move it back to a local region).

This sounds great... but I have no idea what you're talking about. How do I find this? VPN?
Sorry for the ignorance.

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell

Usually, https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/ has between 6-10 links a game, 4-5 of which are usually HD and work pretty well. I can link that website because it's not the actual streaming service--it's more like a phonebook of streaming services.

Sometimes it can be tricky to exit out of the pop ups/ ads that block the streams, but after you get used to it, it's not an issue.

Typically, about 10-30 min before a game starts, I'll pop over to NBASTREAMS reddit, click the thread about the Celtics, and boot up a stream. So far it's worked better than League Pass has (for me).
I love you :-*

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Puns of steel

One last warning. DONT EVER DOWNLOAD ANYTHING off of a streaming site. Seriously. Don't do it. The good ones won't require you to download ANYTHING.
Pro:

Anti:

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I too use r/nbastreams

Obviously free, but the quality is actually an improvement, and you can watch any game. Definitely use it my man
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 08:38:30 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Does this let you watch replays? Living in Asia, the time difference is pretty significant. I almost never catch games live.

I’ve was on One Team LP last year and it wasn’t so bad. $50 for one year and I really only watched Celtics games anyway. A term like “National TV” doesn’t really mean anything to me since it isn’t blacked out and it’s not like any network is carrying the games. I really gotta watch online.

- LilRip

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 08:40:08 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

One last warning. DONT EVER DOWNLOAD ANYTHING off of a streaming site. Seriously. Don't do it. The good ones won't require you to download ANYTHING.

Definitely don't download anything from a streaming site, but consider downloading VLC media player. Some streaming links need to be used through it

It's also just a really good media player, it will play literally any video file that you throw at it
I'm bitter.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 08:41:02 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I use a combination of League Pass and SlingTV.  Works well for me.  I live out of state.
Ironically, NBA League Pass doesn’t include NBATV games.....I never understood the irony  :o

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 08:52:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I use a combination of League Pass and SlingTV.  Works well for me.  I live out of state.
Ironically, NBA League Pass doesn’t include NBATV games.....I never understood the irony  :o

Yeah, totally ridiculous - those should be a given. I actually had cable last year so it wasn't a problem, but I am trying the Hulu Live thing right now and am going to have to get more creative.

I actually liked NBA LP last year - camera stayed on in the arena during commercial breaks and I enjoyed starting the games after they actually began and was able to skip all of the commercials (or catch up much later in the game). 41 games is brutal, but I guess that is the price to pay for being a fan of such an amazing game.

Reddit streams have worked fairly well for me in the past, but I hate hooking up my tv to my laptop. Can you do the streams through an iphone (and then project it onto Apple TV) or is Chromecast really the only way to go for PC users?

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 08:53:26 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Puns of steel

Does this let you watch replays? Living in Asia, the time difference is pretty significant. I almost never catch games live.

I’ve was on One Team LP last year and it wasn’t so bad. $50 for one year and I really only watched Celtics games anyway. A term like “National TV” doesn’t really mean anything to me since it isn’t blacked out and it’s not like any network is carrying the games. I really gotta watch online.

I think there's another reddit for replays. I'd have to poke around. Not sure.
Pro:

Anti:

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Just use a VPN to sign up, and to launch the games, but once you start streaming you can turn your VPN off if you wanted (or move it back to a local region).

This sounds great... but I have no idea what you're talking about. How do I find this? VPN?
Sorry for the ignorance.

You may already be going the other route, watching the free pirated streams, but in case you want to pay (or for others who may be interested).

A VPN (virtual private network) let's you virtually log in as if you were somewhere else.  The VPN I use has about 15 US locations, and about 40 international locations to choose from, and right now my work computer is logged into Washington DC, my home computer is logged into California, and my phone is logged into Houston, even though I'm nowhere near any of those places.  Some of the major benefits of this is increased security and anonymity.  If you go to a website like https://iplocation.com/ without a VPN on, chances are you'll see your general location on a map, kind of unsettling that every website you visit knows the general area of where you live, but when I go to a website with my VPN on, nobody knows the real state or even country I'm in.  Just google VPN for more details if curious.

Now, this is a service you have to pay for, but it's something I recommend everybody use, tons of providers out there, most cost between $3-$10 per month.  But if you work for just about any corporation that has issued you a work laptop, chances are you already have a VPN and have to sign on to it any time you try to access the work network from home, so you may already have a free VPN available at your fingertips.

So with my VPN set to California this is what I see.  Every option mentions blackouts, and no mention of playoffs.  And at the bottom it says all Lakers and Clippers games will be blacked out.

When I switch my VPN to the UK, there's no mention of blackouts.  I'd get all regular season games + playoffs + NBA TV access (with some options).

When I switch my VPN to India, it's similar to the UK.  No blackouts + playoffs + NBA TV access

But then there's the prices.

In the US, the full year cost is $119.99 for 1 team.

In the UK, the full year cost is 99.99 pounds which converts to $131.72 for 1 team.

In India, the full year cost is 999.00 rupees which converts to $13.73 for all teams!!!!!  That's an incredible deal!!!!!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class