Author Topic: It's hilarious how the fanbase has turned 180 and would "rather have" Wallace  (Read 25761 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't think Lee starts out as the starting PF.  I think he will be given the opportunity to win playing time at the expense of players who don't work hard.  A guy like Sullinger won't be allowed to coast on talent and potential.

See: Humphries, Kris.

I think it'll play out much the same.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
It's a good move. We basically traded a guy WHO DIDN'T PLAY for a guy who can make an impact on this team.

Seriously F*** tanking. We need to win now otherwise no "big star" would choose to play for the Celtics in the future (hence LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, DeAndre Jordan, Greg Monroe etc. who didn't want to join Lakers because they are a mess)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
It's a good move. We basically traded a guy WHO DIDN'T PLAY for a guy who can make an impact on this team.

Seriously F*** tanking. We need to win now otherwise no "big star" would choose to play for the Celtics in the future (hence LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, DeAndre Jordan, Greg Monroe etc. who didn't want to join Lakers because they are a mess)

They didn't want to join us either even though we made the playoffs...

So if we put ourselves in the same position it is sure to work this time  ::)

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green

Come on we barely made the Playoffs this year. We weren't a lock at all. I presume that our chances would be better with the big players if we finish higher than #7 or #8 in the East.

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday

Come on we barely made the Playoffs this year. We weren't a lock at all. I presume that our chances would be better with the big players if we finish mid table.

We are still not a lock this year we would be fighting for the 8th seed

Cavs
Bulls
Toronto
Atlanta
Wizards
Bucks
Heat

That's 7 locks with Pacers, Nets, Hornets, Pistons, Knicks, Magic and Us all fighting for the last spot since we all have pretty much equal talent

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93

Cavs
Bulls
Toronto
Atlanta
Wizards
Bucks
Heat

That's 7 locks with Pacers, Nets, Hornets, Pistons, Knicks, Magic and Us all fighting for the last spot since we all have pretty much equal talent
It helped us a lot that last year the Pacers and Heat got decimated by injuries and a lot of teams were still tanking.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green

Come on we barely made the Playoffs this year. We weren't a lock at all. I presume that our chances would be better with the big players if we finish mid table.

Cavs
Bulls
Toronto
Atlanta
Wizards
Bucks
Heat

I'm not saying that we are a lock this year.. Just pointed out that Lee makes us better and that we need to get better in order to make Boston appealing to the bigger players.
I agree that the 7 above mentioned teams (maybe not Wizards. Don't know how they will do without Pierce) are better than us right now, but another trade could be coming ;D!

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday

Cavs
Bulls
Toronto
Atlanta
Wizards
Bucks
Heat

It helped us a lot that last year the Pacers and Heat got decimated by injuries and a lot of teams were still tanking.

Exactly and now some of the biggest superstars in the East are healthy and we almost have no chance at getting in even though we got the Unstoppable David Lee and Amir Johnson :P

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I imagine they're unhappy because they want any trade made to either make the team significantly better or worse. Lee does neither of these things. I'd still rather have him than Wallace. If we've all submitted to another middle of the road season, I'd rather have a player who makes the product easier to view - offensively at least.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Do people really think that if we make the playoffs again with a win total in the 40s -- and maybe win a game this time! -- that big name free agents will suddenly be clamoring to sign here?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green
Do people really think that if we make the playoffs again with a win total in the 40s -- and maybe win a game this time! -- that big name free agents will suddenly be clamoring to sign here?
No, but you can't deny that it would probably make our chances better compared to if we finished last in the East ::)

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
No, but you can't deny that it would probably make our chances better compared to if we finished last in the East ::)

This is not a -------------> line.
This is a <--------------->

If you finish last in the East, you get a really good shot at the top pick in the draft.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green

This is not a -------------> line.
This is a <--------------->

If you finish last in the East, you get a really good shot at the top pick in the draft.
Thanks. I think we all know that.
I just pointed out that finishing higher than last would improve our chances with the big name free agents.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Here's the thing:

Optimists around here like to talk about how young our team is.  How the team is succeeding despite having all of these young guys with a bright future.

Yet, we're currently on track to give significant minutes and major roles to Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, Evan Turner, David Lee, and Amir Johnson.

A veritable parade of guys who are what they are and whose main value to the team is that they might fetch some value in a trade.

If this sounds familiar, it's basically the same spot the team was in heading into last season.  So we've gone through a full year of rebuild and the team is, if anything, more cluttered with "assets" and we can't even place our hopes on a top 10 picking coming our way.

The saving grace of a rebuilding team is typically that there are a handful of young guys who occasionally flash the potential to turn into something special, guys you can grow attached to and imagine as the future of the franchise. 

No such luck here.

Basically, refer to my "Revolving Door" post.

No way man our team is so good dude they're gonna be stars we just gotta let 'em develop why do you hate the Celtics you evil man you.

Lee averaged 18.2 points and 9.3 rebounds per game on 52.3-percent shooting in the 2013-14 season and then got hurt . Now all of a sudden he is suppose to suck? I don't get it.

His offense is mitigated by his defense, and his numbers are empty. He has consistently struggled to find playing time on a championship-caliber team, and he has never been the primary player on a winning team.

If you want more evidence of his greatness, look at his tenure with the Knicks. Contrast that with their win-loss ratio.

I don't think he was traded to be the savior.  He has an expiring contract and value as trade bait. He is a good player and more value than Gerald Wallace.

You are under the perception that he is the answer to all the FA's that we didn't sign. This is a no brainer for Ainge.

Trade bait for who???
Nobody was willing to get him for scraps all of last year!

Teams were offering up picks for him near the deadline. If that's your definition of scraps ok but he still has more value than Wallace does.

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I tossed Wallace and his bad contract for a bag of PEANUTS....a player who might as well sit home and watch his team play ball .......worthless ......

Getting Lee is amazing .

If your not a Tanker  ;D