Author Topic: Celtics (40-26) at Lakers (30-35) Game #67 3/9/19  (Read 26411 times)

Re: Celtics (40-26) at Lakers (30-35) Game #67 3/9/19
« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2019, 11:00:26 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
The tv talking heads now speculating about what LeBum and Kyrie said to each other with towels over their mouths “so you coming to LA next year”  ::) ::) ::)

I might be the only one, but it bothers me when I see Kyrie fraternizing with Lebron like that, and it's been happening alot (back to when Kyrie felt the need to call Lebron and "apologize")

I'll continue to root for Kyrie and am a big fan of his and his ability, but in my opinion, that's just a REALLY bad look.

Could you imagine Larry Bird blowing in Magic's ear after a Celtics/Lakers game?? Not a chance in hell.

Kyrie talks about how he doesn't want the media dissecting him, yet he's shooting the breeze with the Lebron with both guys covering their mouth.

Bad look!!

Here it is.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #391 on: March 09, 2019, 11:00:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The tv talking heads now speculating about what LeBum and Kyrie said to each other with towels over their mouths “so you coming to LA next year”  ::) ::) ::)

I might be the only one, but it bothers me when I see Kyrie fraternizing with Lebron like that, it's been happening alot (back to when Kyrie felt the need to call Lebron and "apologize")

I'll continue to root for Kyrie and am a big fan of his and his ability, but in my opinion, that's just a REALLY bad look.

Could you imagine Larry Bird blowing in Magic's ear after a Celtics/Lakers game?? Not a chance in hell.

Kyrie talks about how he doesn't want the media dissecting him, yet he's shooting the breeze with the Lebron with both guys covering your mouth.

Bad look!!

The last time lebron talked like that,he was a cavalier and  it was with a Laker

https://youtu.be/70RGVBiMsn8

« Reply #392 on: March 09, 2019, 11:00:49 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Thought a Morris was big in 4th.

He absolutely was. Loved how aggressive he was, how he was posting up and taking advantage of the mismatch. I'd much rather see more of that from Morris than low IQ iso-shots or terrible long 3s.

Agreed. Solid ending to the game by Morris. I did find it kinda interesting that Stevens didn't have Tatum or Brown on the court towards the end of the game.

« Reply #393 on: March 09, 2019, 11:00:52 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I might be the only one, but it bothers me when I see Kyrie fraternizing with Lebron like that, and it's been happening alot (back to when Kyrie felt the need to call Lebron and "apologize")

Kyrie talks about how he doesn't want the media dissecting him, yet he's shooting the breeze with the Lebron with both guys covering your mouth.

Bad look!!

They played together for multiple years and won a championship together. Magic and Bird did not.

It's not the 80's anymore. Players have off court relationships. Get over it.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2019, 11:01:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Kyrie talks about how he doesn't want the media dissecting him, yet he's shooting the breeze with the Lebron with both guys covering their mouth.

Bad look!!

Here it is.

« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2019, 11:02:11 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Last time LeBron James got blown out by the Celtics was Game 5 of the 2018 Eastern Conference Finals.

And then again tonight  8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2019, 11:03:23 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Thought a Morris was big in 4th.

He absolutely was. Loved how aggressive he was, how he was posting up and taking advantage of the mismatch. I'd much rather see more of that from Morris than low IQ iso-shots or terrible long 3s.

Agreed. Solid ending to the game by Morris. I did find it kinda interesting that Stevens didn't have Tatum or Brown on the court towards the end of the game.

Brown looked sluggish and Tatum was trying to do his best Kobe impersonation at Staples Center (and predictably bricking). Seriously, we need Tatum to be playing with the team more, not going iso seemingly every time. Morris tends to do the same BUT we saw how great he was when he didn't do it in the 4th.

« Reply #397 on: March 09, 2019, 11:04:31 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Bad look!!

If Larry had played with Magic on a championship team for multiple years then it wouldn’t bother me.

« Reply #398 on: March 09, 2019, 11:05:52 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Bad look!!

Here it is.

Lol...hmmmmm

See anything in common?

« Reply #399 on: March 09, 2019, 11:06:46 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Bad look!!

Well they were teammates for years and won a championship together...I’m not too bothered. You see ex teammates do that all the time after games. The just don’t want people dissecting what they said, for all you know they were making plans to have dinner and then Twitter is up in arms. Our news cycle is really in a sad state when 2 guys covering their mouths becomes news  ::)
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2019, 11:07:17 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Bad look!!

Here it is.

Lol...hmmmmm

See anything in common?

Yeah. The Lakers lost in both games  :P

« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2019, 11:18:35 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Happy with the win but Jaylen's minutes concern me-only 20 minutes a game? Come on Brad I know you despise him but this is ridiculous.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2019, 11:26:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Happy with the win but Jaylen's minutes concern me-only 20 minutes a game? Come on Brad I know you despise him but this is ridiculous.

Yeah but the issue is Jaylen doesn't make the most of his opportunities. He shows you flashes of brilliance but his game still lacks poise and fluidity

« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2019, 11:36:24 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Yeah but the issue is Jaylen doesn't make the most of his opportunities. He shows you flashes of brilliance but his game still lacks poise and fluidity

True.

« Reply #404 on: March 09, 2019, 11:41:27 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

True.
I certainly don't think he has been very underwhelming, he's been performing very well recently with the exception of this game. Brad just refuses to play him significant minutes, nor does he ever start Jaylen.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA