Author Topic: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas  (Read 35150 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2023, 06:04:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Bill Simmons suggested a trade: Scoot and Gordon Hayward in exchange for Jaylen Brown. I must admit, although I think it's smarter to stick with Jaylen and make some small adjustments to improve our chances of winning the championship, this trade caught my attention due to its potential impact on our salary cap and the upcoming collective bargaining agreement. It would be great to acquire a talented player on a rookie contract, especially considering our ownership's reluctance to spend excessively for a championship.

I'm also drawn to the possibility of a redemption tale. If Gordon Hayward can stay injury-free for a season and they manage to win the championship, the painful memory of his terrible fall in October of 2017 might just fade away completely.
Man, that's an interesting one. I love Gordon Hayward. He is, very sadly, made of glass, but I love what he provides when he suits up.

Giving up Brown for Scoot and potentially a lone (and likely injured) season of Hayward would be a huge gamble

A healthy Gordon Hayward would be a great fit next to Tatum, but I think that's a pipe dream at this point. He hasn't had a healthy season since his last year in Utah and players don't typically get healthier with age.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2023, 06:11:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bill Simmons suggested a trade: Scoot and Gordon Hayward in exchange for Jaylen Brown. I must admit, although I think it's smarter to stick with Jaylen and make some small adjustments to improve our chances of winning the championship, this trade caught my attention due to its potential impact on our salary cap and the upcoming collective bargaining agreement. It would be great to acquire a talented player on a rookie contract, especially considering our ownership's reluctance to spend excessively for a championship.

I'm also drawn to the possibility of a redemption tale. If Gordon Hayward can stay injury-free for a season and they manage to win the championship, the painful memory of his terrible fall in October of 2017 might just fade away completely.
Man, that's an interesting one. I love Gordon Hayward. He is, very sadly, made of glass, but I love what he provides when he suits up.

Giving up Brown for Scoot and potentially a lone (and likely injured) season of Hayward would be a huge gamble

A healthy Gordon Hayward would be a great fit next to Tatum, but I think that's a pipe dream at this point. He hasn't had a healthy season since his last year in Utah and players don't typically get healthier with age.
Yeah, he'll never be healthy. It isn't like it's one or two seasons on a team that is losing (& taking its time bringing players back).

That being said, Grant Hill reinvented himself and played 80+ games in 3 consecutive seasons at age 36. Anything is possible!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2023, 07:59:57 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767

Yeah, he'll never be healthy. It isn't like it's one or two seasons on a team that is losing (& taking its time bringing players back).

That being said, Grant Hill reinvented himself and played 80+ games in 3 consecutive seasons at age 36. Anything is possible!

I think Gordon Hayward is similar to Derrick White. Doesn't make mistakes. Makes the right plays every time. He's a winning basketball player, when he plays. Hope we get another chance to see him in green.

« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2023, 08:01:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2417
the new CBA makes paying superstar rates for non-superstars crippling.

A comment from a GSW fan about GSW taking CP3 but not going after Bradley Beal. Talking about they need to avoid the second apron with this new CBA.

Made me think of Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2023, 09:29:51 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
These owners/gms seem very afraid of the new penalties. Maybe Brown and Brogdon straight up for Lillard is the answer to keep the cap number low enough and still improve.

« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2023, 11:11:53 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

A comment from a GSW fan about GSW taking CP3 but not going after Bradley Beal. Talking about they need to avoid the second apron with this new CBA.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/jaylen-brown-could-get-creative-with-celtics-supermax-contract-execs/ar-AA1ddipv?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=13c0266496e34f49bbe919a43ccb8e69&ei=15
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #306 on: June 29, 2023, 12:10:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/jaylen-brown-could-get-creative-with-celtics-supermax-contract-execs/ar-AA1ddipv?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=13c0266496e34f49bbe919a43ccb8e69&ei=15

This was an interesting read. To summarize the Jaylen Brown part the idea was give him three years of the supermax with a ETO before year 4 and a team option for year 5.

Putting a ETO after year three would allow Jaylen to get back out on the market entering his age 31 season and after the cap goes up due to the new TV rights deal and potentially get one more massive long term deal. Getting such a deal after a full five years entering his age 33 season would probably be more difficult. You do see players do this sometimes, maneuvering the length of their deal to get back out their at the end of their prime. It also gives him more leverage trade wise not being locked in as long.

For the C's it gives them a team option on year five which makes it easier to get off the contract if things go badly.

Its a good idea, but I'm not sure Jaylen is going to want to put year 5 and 66 million up to team control. The idea is he may balance that loss with the potential gain of getting another long term contract at age 31 vs at age 33 (either way by then he's a 10+ year vet and eligible for 35% max).