Author Topic: Woj predicts Gobert could get traded this off-season  (Read 10355 times)

Re: Woj predicts Gobert could get traded this off-season
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2020, 03:38:27 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
2 time DPOY center that literally stifles opponents cannot fit in our system?

Yeah okay lol.

If we can do well with Theis, I think we can manage with Gobert. I just wonder if his maturity level is up to par for championship aspirations.
He definitely stifled those Rockets teams that exposed him lol.

That's just one game.

Muscle Flexbrook is a LOAD for just about ANYONE to guard - just ask BOS recently........
I'm talking about the playoffs against the Rockets. Chris Paul and James Harden were constantly attacking Gobert on the pick-and-roll, and Gobert looked like a fish out of water.

And who did Utah have on defense to help Gobert?

Defense is a TEAM sport...

Don't say Spydah, Ingles or Bojan........lol

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2020, 04:09:07 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Weren't there rumors about chemistry problems among players in that locker room dating back at least several weeks, way before any of the Gobert virus news? Might be misremembering

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2020, 04:17:06 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Joking like he was during a pandemic when people are dying is beyond stupid and immature and truly shows a lack of class. Why on Earth would I ever trade someone who acts like gentleman for someone who acts like an ignoramus. I will pass on desire to have Gobert on our team as I am sure Danny would as well. Cousins and Gobert can go join the Knicks or maybe Kyrie and Durant can have them with their new puppet coach.

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2020, 05:54:56 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Joking like he was during a pandemic when people are dying is beyond stupid and immature and truly shows a lack of class. Why on Earth would I ever trade someone who acts like gentleman for someone who acts like an ignoramus. I will pass on desire to have Gobert on our team as I am sure Danny would as well. Cousins and Gobert can go join the Knicks or maybe Kyrie and Durant can have them with their new puppet coach.

Well he DID apologize....this is HUGE, being that apologies are a lost art in society nowadays.

Rudy is not a diva, either...seems like a likable fellow.

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2020, 08:46:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Well he DID apologize....this is HUGE, being that apologies are a lost art in society nowadays.

What exactly about Gobert makes him likable? I have not gotten that impression at all
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2020, 09:07:17 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

Agree about apologies. Most in this day and age never do or even think it is an option. Still hard for me to want to take a chance on him. But you are right, He earned some respect back from apologizing. TP.

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2020, 09:47:19 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Weren't there rumors about chemistry problems among players in that locker room dating back at least several weeks, way before any of the Gobert virus news? Might be misremembering

Yeah you're right. I heard of this as well. There was a small article on SLCDunk about it as well I think.

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2020, 11:55:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Gobert is a great defender

He shut down the whole NBA   JK

Too soon?

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2020, 12:58:54 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If Stevens can make Kanter playable and Theis a decent perimeter defender he would make Gobert elite. I would love to have him alongside Smart, Brown, and Tatum. I would just worry about his offense, is he a decent passer?

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2020, 01:19:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Stevens can make Kanter playable and Theis a decent perimeter defender he would make Gobert elite. I would love to have him alongside Smart, Brown, and Tatum. I would just worry about his offense, is he a decent passer?
Gobert is already elite.

The guy is a two time DPOY, 3-time All-Defense, 2-time All-NBA, 1-time All-Star that over the last 4 years has average 14.7/12.6/1.5 with 0.7 SPG and 2.3 BPG shooting 66.4/0/64.6 with a TS% of around 68%.

I think Stevens would optimize Gobert's skills in Stevens' system and help show how elite Gobert is. But making Gobert elite, well, Gobert has already shown he is that.

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2020, 01:36:40 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Gobert is a great defender

He shut down the whole NBA   JK

Too soon?

That joke's been floating around Reddit haha.

"Rudy Gobert defensive player of the year? He shut the whole league down."

TP for the sense of humor.

Gobert is already elite.

The guy is a two time DPOY, 3-time All-Defense, 2-time All-NBA, 1-time All-Star that over the last 4 years has average 14.7/12.6/1.5 with 0.7 SPG and 2.3 BPG shooting 66.4/0/64.6 with a TS% of around 68%.

I think Stevens would optimize Gobert's skills in Stevens' system and help show how elite Gobert is. But making Gobert elite, well, Gobert has already shown he is that.

The notion that Stevens can't make use of a 2x DPOY center that has the length + wingspan to be able to defend almost anyone near the rim is ridiculous.

Some players cannot shoot nor space the floor, doesn't mean we can't use them either.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2020, 12:11:43 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
  People don’t even know how to apologize anymore. I’d tell he can stick it. A real apology is getting across terrible remorse. He can be the cause of indirectly causing the death of someone’s dad. Humble yourself much more, dude. I’d be pleading for forgiveness and saying how stupid I was and the guilt I feel and please , please find it in your heart to forgive me if you can.”  To me that’s the manly way to apologize but people don’t usually offer that. He could privately be this way to Mitchell and his teammates but this kind of apology is OWED to everyone.
   If you can’t honestly apologize your a coward in my book. A small man.

I agree and that could be Mitchell's issue.  The guy showed no class with his very public mocking of the situation before he tested positive.  If he is going to be that much of a jerk in public then what is he doing that we don't see.   And that really can be part of the issue as well.  At the beginning before social distancing I went to a birthday dinner.  It was the Saturday of the week he was positive so only three days after, and it was in a bar/restaurant.  I was using hand sanitizer like crazy and someone who thought I was being silly said the virus is only fatal to old people.  Even though I'm pushing 50 I said its not about me getting sick its about me getting my dad sick who's over 80 or some one else that is elderly in his building when I go visit him.  I opted not to visit him the next day like I had planed and haven't seen him since this whole thing started just to be safe.  I only go out to buy groceries and walk the dog.  I work from home now like many other people who can.   I felt it was reckless of me to go to that dinner even though I felt I was being safe.   I saw a lot of people who were not taking the situation seriously at all. There was live music and people were dancing on a very crowed dance area.  I don't know what Gobert's behavior is like in privet now or before he tested positive, but could be he is still a jerk about the whole pandemic and that would definitely make me mad if I was on his team.

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2020, 12:51:20 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'm not as high on Gobert as others are, but I am interested in how much Utah would ask for him.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2020, 01:03:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I'm not as high on Gobert as others are, but I am interested in how much Utah would ask for him.

I'd imagine if Gobert indeed asks for the supermax, I would suspect  his trade value would diminish a lot. But... Considering his impact, I would absolutely love to bring him here. He could easily average 17/13/2/ with 2.2 BPG.

According to ESPN’s Bobby Marks, such a deal for Gobert would pay him $247.3 million over five seasons.

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2020, 02:44:45 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
[The Athletic] The Jazz have already begun working on the Mitchell-Gobert relationship, but sources say Mitchell remains reluctant to fix what might have been broken. “It doesn’t appear salvageable,” one source with knowledge of the situation said.

Well if that's true, looks like the trade + the fact Gobert may ask for the supermax is going to change the dynamic of the Jazz.

I will say if the Jazz indeed trade him, (and not conveniently because they want to avoid the supermax, which I think is still one of the most flawed contracts ever) it'll probably be the first time two All-Stars were traded for 'biological,' reasons.  :angel: