Author Topic: I have Tatum 2nd on the best players 25 and under  (Read 7971 times)

I have Tatum 2nd on the best players 25 and under
« on: February 26, 2020, 02:51:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
bias, homer ...call it whatever.  But we have seen him turn from a starter, all star and bonifide superstar in a span of one season

Here is my list of best players that are 25 years old and younger

1. Giannis  Antetokounmpo
2. Jayson Tatum
3. Luka Doncic
4. Pascal Siakam
5. Joel Embiid
6. Nikola Jokic
7. Ben Simmons
8. Donovan Mitchell
9. Jaylen Brown
10. Shai Gilgeous Alexander

outside looking in (need more time to prove themselves)

Ja Morant
Trae Young
Zion Williamson

your list?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 02:58:25 PM by Tr1boy »

Re: I have Tatum 2nd on the best players 25 and under
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 02:53:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Zion could be higher . Simmons could be lower

Good list

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 03:18:10 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The play of Tatum, Doncic, Brown and Alexander is changing very rapidly, although some other players on the list are still clearly getting better, including Antetokounmpo (yikes!).

It seems a bit of a stretch to put Tatum ahead of Doncic and Jokic, but I'm also not totally sure what is going on with Tatum yet. Perhaps he is becoming a 30+ ppg scorer as we are watching. Perhaps he's just having a hot streak and will settle soon.

I'm still not completely sure Doncic still wouldn't be better. Is his passing advantage worth more than Tatum's defense? I'm just not sure Tatum makes anyone around him any better, and you need that to be an MVP level guy. He's fortunate that he's playing with three other guys that don't need his help to score in bunches.

Jokic is also a weird case, and hard to judge, but ultimately, he's got Denver roughly where the C's are but with less talent.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 03:24:15 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
this is an interesting list.  Embiid and Siakam will need to be kicked very off soon as they will be 26 on March 16 and April 2.
once those guys are too old I like this as my top 10 under 25
(I think 2/3/4 are really close, and 5 through 10 depend a lot on who they play with)  and yes I am a Jaylen super fan so maybe he goes lower?

1. Giannis
2. Doncic
3. J. Tatum
4. Jokic
5. Simmons
6. D. Mitchell
7. J. Brown
8.  Zion
9.  Trae Young
10. SG Alexander

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 03:31:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
this is an interesting list.  Embiid and Siakam will need to be kicked very off soon as they will be 26 on March 16 and April 2.
(I think 2/3/4 are really close, and 5 through 10 depend a lot on who they play with)  and yes I am a Jaylen super fan so maybe he goes lower?

1. Giannis
2. Doncic
3. J. Tatum
4. Jokic
5. Simmons
6. D. Mitchell
7. J. Brown
8.  Zion
9.  Trae Young
10. SG Alexander

At the beginning of the year I would've put Doncic ahead of Tatum too but because of Tatum's improved two-way play they are at least equal in my mind. LD is an amazing offensive player and much better passer than Tatum but his defense is sub par.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 03:31:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The play of Tatum, Doncic, Brown and Alexander is changing very rapidly, although some other players on the list are still clearly getting better, including Antetokounmpo (yikes!).

It seems a bit of a stretch to put Tatum ahead of Doncic and Jokic, but I'm also not totally sure what is going on with Tatum yet. Perhaps he is becoming a 30+ ppg scorer as we are watching. Perhaps he's just having a hot streak and will settle soon.

I'm still not completely sure Doncic still wouldn't be better. Is his passing advantage worth more than Tatum's defense? I'm just not sure Tatum makes anyone around him any better, and you need that to be an MVP level guy. He's fortunate that he's playing with three other guys that don't need his help to score in bunches.

Jokic is also a weird case, and hard to judge, but ultimately, he's got Denver roughly where the C's are but with less talent.

Tatum ability to finish around the rim and hit clutch shots has surpassed Donic

When was the last time you seen Doncic able to shoot over/score against Anthony Davis or Leonard ?

Tatum defense is also much better than Doncic

The only advantage Doncic has over Tatum, is passing. But this is to be expected since Doncic is a natural point guard

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
bias, homer ...call it whatever.  But we have seen him turn from a starter, all star and bonifide superstar in a span of one season

2. Jayson Tatum
3. Luka Doncic
4. Pascal Siakam
5. Joel Embiid
6. Nikola Jokic
7. Ben Simmons
8. Donovan Mitchell
9. Jaylen Brown

Ja Morant
Trae Young
Zion Williamson

your list?

I’m too lazy to look up guys on my own and I’ve been out of it somewhat and can’t form any opinion on Zion ‘cuz I’ve missed him so I’d go..
1. Greek
2. Luka
3. Jokic
4. Embiid
5. Siakam
6. Mitchell
7. Brown
8. Tatum
9. G-Alexander
   This would be my right now take.
  I’m not sure I’d call Tatum a superstar. Before this latest burst I had him as the 4th best Celtic. But he’s coming on strong.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 03:33:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

1. Giannis
2. Doncic
3. J. Tatum
4. Jokic
5. Simmons
6. D. Mitchell
7. J. Brown
8.  Zion
9.  Trae Young
10. SG Alexander
pretty solid.  I think next year the only ones that could shift is Zion jumping to 5 and Jaylen at 6 with Simmons and Mitchell sliding to 7 and 8 in some order.  What's hurting Simmons is his shooting.  Mitchell's hurt by his D -- Jaylen is much better in that regard.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 03:33:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

2. Jayson Tatum
3. Luka Doncic
4. Pascal Siakam
5. Joel Embiid
6. Nikola Jokic
7. Ben Simmons
8. Donovan Mitchell
9. Jaylen Brown

Ja Morant
Trae Young
Zion Williamson

your list?

I’m too lazy to look up guys on my own and I’ve been out of it somewhat and can’t form any opinion on Zion ‘cuz I’ve missed him so I’d go..
1. Greek
2. Luka
3. Jokic
4. Embiid
5. Siakam
6. Mitchell
7. Brown
8. Tatum
9. G-Alexander
   This would be my right now take.
  I’m not sure I’d call Tatum a superstar. Before this latest burst I had him as the 4th best Celtic. But he’s coming on strong.

its your list

but are you serious??

Tatum on par against great players like Leonard or Davis (recent games), does not do the trick for you??

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 03:34:26 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

He’s not under 25 but Hayward would be getting probably 21/ 7 and 6.5 in many places. Would he be considered a superstar? I dunno but those are assist numbers Tatum can’t come close to duplicating. Was Hayward a Superstar at his best? Probably not . But a better player for sure than Tatum is now.
  Tatum sure seems like he’s skyrocketing though and that’s awesome.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 03:36:13 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

1. Giannis
2. Doncic
3. J. Tatum
4. Jokic
5. Simmons
6. D. Mitchell
7. J. Brown
8.  Zion
9.  Trae Young
10. SG Alexander
pretty solid.  I think next year the only ones that could shift is Zion jumping to 5 and Jaylen at 6 with Simmons and Mitchell sliding to 7 and 8 in some order.  What's hurting Simmons is his shooting.  Mitchell's hurt by his D -- Jaylen is much better in that regard.

It’s crazy with Simmons. He’s an easy #2 with an 18 footer.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 03:37:03 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

1. Giannis
2. Doncic
3. J. Tatum
4. Jokic
5. Simmons
6. D. Mitchell
7. J. Brown
8.  Zion
9.  Trae Young
10. SG Alexander

At the beginning of the year I would've put Doncic ahead of Tatum too but because of Tatum's improved two-way play they are at least equal in my mind. LD is an amazing offensive player and much better passer than Tatum but his defense is sub par.

I can def see that take since Tatum's def has been so disruptive as of late.  I guess it just feels like over the whole season so far Tatum has had more off night shooting / scoring.  For example games where you shoot less than 40% from the field.  Doncic has like 8, Tatum like 20+. 

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 03:47:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

1. Giannis
2. Doncic
3. J. Tatum
4. Jokic
5. Simmons
6. D. Mitchell
7. J. Brown
8.  Zion
9.  Trae Young
10. SG Alexander

I can def see that take since Tatum's def has been so disruptive as of late.  I guess it just feels like over the whole season so far Tatum has had more off night shooting / scoring.  For example games where you shoot less than 40% from the field.  Doncic has like 8, Tatum like 20+.

I think I rank two way players a lot higher than most. That's why LeBron falls out of my top ten this year as he's just a sieve on defensive this year....

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 03:50:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

1. Giannis
2. Doncic
3. J. Tatum
4. Jokic
5. Simmons
6. D. Mitchell
7. J. Brown
8.  Zion
9.  Trae Young
10. SG Alexander

I think I rank two way players a lot higher than most. That's why LeBron falls out of my top ten this year as he's just a sieve on defensive this year....

super lazy and reliant on zone D too much

Rondo is probably teaching him how to do this to perfection lol.   

It won't work very well in the playoffs though

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 03:53:39 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

1. Giannis
2. Doncic
3. J. Tatum
4. Jokic
5. Simmons
6. D. Mitchell
7. J. Brown
8.  Zion
9.  Trae Young
10. SG Alexander

me too in general.  I may take Trae Young off my list, not sure.