Author Topic: Trade Deadline Ideas: Post Ideas here instead of the Rumors/News Thread  (Read 13378 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Ideas: Post Ideas here instead of the Rumors/News Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2020, 04:24:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
If the report is true about Timelord returning maybe in March, then Danny can focus the deadline on a cheap bench scorer. G-Will is beginning to solidify a true, consistent role in the frontcourt too.

Poirier + Pick(s) for someone like Saric or Burks

If you want to go after someone like Bjelica/Bertans who make ~7M, then Edwards + Poirier + Green + pick(s) work.

I would love to see us acquire Saric though and he shouldn't cost much either. Someone with size who can come in and score off the bench. He did well with PHI (killed us often times too) and I just think he's not  being utilized properly with Phoenix. Could be a massive steal to acquire him.

Admittedly his 3-point shooting % is down, but I don't expect it to last.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2020, 04:29:22 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
If the report is true about Timelord returning maybe in March, then Danny can focus the deadline on a cheap bench scorer. G-Will is beginning to solidify a true, consistent role in the frontcourt too.

If you want to go after someone like Bjelica/Bertans who make ~7M, then Edwards + Poirier + Green + pick(s) work.

I would love to see us acquire Saric though and he shouldn't cost much either. Someone with size who can come in and score off the bench. He did well with PHI (killed us often times too) and I just think he's not  being utilized properly with Phoenix. Could be a massive steal to acquire him.

I think a little inside / outside game with Kanter and Saric off the bench (against the right teams) might be fun to watch.

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2020, 04:47:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I think a little inside / outside game with Kanter and Saric off the bench (against the right teams) might be fun to watch.

Yep. Burks is another guy I'd covet if not Saric. The guy can score and score in bunches, which is exactly what we need in our bench unit. More offense/scoring.

A potential Kemba/Brown/Smart/Burks/Wanamaker guard group. Not too shabby

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2020, 04:51:12 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

If we're trading with the Suns, gimme Mikal Bridges over Saric. He ain't shooting the lights out from the perimeter (just 29.9% from 3 this season), but he's very efficient from the field (49.8 FG%) and he's playing lockdown D at the wing position. He was also shooting 43.5% from 3 in 6 attempts per game during his junior year at college. I bet he'll figure it out in the future.

I like Saric, but we already got Semi and Grant. Imo, Bridges would fill a bigger need for us.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 05:00:13 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2020, 05:06:58 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
IMO, Theis + Kanter makes this a stronger team than Turner +  random player off the street.

Turner just isn't that good, plus, the proposed trade above is giving up Langford. No way on earth I'd give up all that for Turner. I'd do that for Sabonis, but he's off limits.

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2020, 05:23:49 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I like someone who has high motor with menacing defense and rebounding.

Boston acquire M. Harrell
Clippers get Poirier and Semi

He could cover scoring forwards and guards and is quick on help defense.
He could be a great spark from the 2nd unit.
And why in the world would the clipper so that?

He would command a great deal of money after this season - something north of 15 million annually.
A hit on their cap or he may just walk away.
It would be a rental and worth a try. He would be a major contributor for the 2nd unit. Semi would be  a good wing, a 3 and D. We could sweeten the deal with a draft pick.

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2020, 06:01:02 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
An idea I'd like to work that probably doesn't.

Celtics get: Bogdan Bogdanovich
Kings get: Edwards, Poirier, Memphis pick

Why we do it: Bogdanovich is a legitimate wing scorer who also plays some defense. Not Semi level, but he competes hard. I remember playing the Pacers in the playoffs last year after Oladipo was injured, when he was their #1 scoring option. He was overmatched in that role, but he still scored some, even when we gameplanned to stop him; as a #2 or 3 option, often against second units? He'll provide plenty of scoring punch and won't shrink on the big stage. Against the right matchup, he could easily go for 20.
That was Bojan Bogdanovic, not Bogdan. Bojan is the one playing for the Jazz this season. He sucks big time on D.

Imo, Bogdan is the better player between the two. Bojan is the better shooter/scorer, Bogdan is better at pretty much everything else.

I'm a big fan of Bogdan's game. Thing is, we would be using him mostly off the ball. Would it be worth it to sacrifice the Memphis pick for a guy we'd be mostly using off the ball? It seems like an overkill to me. Sort of like the Cavs situation with LeBron, Kyrie and Love when they were parking Love in the corner as an off-ball shooter.

There's just no way the Cs do that trade. Bogdan is going to get a 20+ million dollar contract this off-season. The Cs can't and won't match that. He'd be a rental. That's a lot to trade for a rental, especially a rental position at which we have most depth in the league.

Bogdan is just the guy I’d shoot for if he made us true contenders for the whole thing. That’s worth a rental. To me it is the biggest position of need as well. But I don’t think Danny thinks we’re quite there yet and I’d have to agree. Bostonians are gonna be somewhat upset post deadline but the loudest will be fans that just want something to watch when the Pats and Sox aren’t playing.

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2020, 06:09:33 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

He would command a great deal of money after this season - something north of 15 million annually.
It would be a rental and worth a try. He would be a major contributor for the 2nd unit. Semi would be  a good wing, a 3 and D. We could sweeten the deal with a draft pick.

I think for the Clippers they really need him to win the whole thing. Unless of course they can work some deal to get a guy like Baynes or get Tristan Thompson to sign . But even in that case I think they could get a little more. But I could be wrong!
   I think a team like the a Clippers should be going all in each individual year like its their last chance. This is their best chance for all we know.

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2020, 10:36:32 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Not buying AT ALL.  First, clippers in win now mode.  Why weaken their team?  Second, if you don’t want to resign Harrell then letting him walk is better than having semi and porier.

So basically, they laugh in our face for such a proposal.

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2020, 11:34:54 PM »

Offline TheTruth34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Mo Bamba played just under 7 minutes today, and none in the 2nd half.  That's a bit unusual, he's not had less than 11 minutes all season. 

Romeo Langford started for the Celtics, his first start of the season in his 15th professional game. 

As an aside, Bamba spent the night earlier taking in the Duke-BC game with Ainge and Tatum.

A Langford/Poirier for Bamba deal works in the trade machine. ..  Make it happen, Danny!

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2020, 11:42:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Mo Bamba played just under 7 minutes today, and none in the 2nd half.  That's a bit unusual, he's not had less than 11 minutes all season. 

Romeo Langford started for the Celtics, his first start of the season in his 15th professional game. 

As an aside, Bamba spent the night earlier taking in the Duke-BC game with Ainge and Tatum.

A Langford/Poirier for Bamba deal works in the trade machine. ..  Make it happen, Danny!
That seems very early to give up on Bamba. Given that they’ve rightfully given Isaac the time to develop, I could see them holding onto Mo.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2020, 03:25:56 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wwgo2lf

Luke Kennard and Christian Wood from Detroit
For
Poirier and Carsen plus a pick.

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2020, 05:58:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wwgo2lf

Luke Kennard and Christian Wood from Detroit
For
Poirier and Carsen plus a pick.

Detroit might as well give us Drummond for a washbucket?   This trade is very unrealistic.

So anyone else glad we did not draft Bamba, I am....

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2020, 09:04:18 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

i'd much rather do langford poirier kanter for Capela as suggested in other thread although it is a bit of an overpay than wasting Langford for bamba

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2020, 09:06:48 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

i'd much rather do langford poirier kanter for Capela as suggested in other thread although it is a bit of an overpay than wasting Langford for bamba

Didn't Capela already get traded?