Author Topic: Drummond to ATL?  (Read 13864 times)

Re: Drummond to ATL?
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2020, 10:41:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Pistons Haven't Been Offered Any First Round Picks For Andre Drummond

The Detroit Pistons haven't received any first round pick offers for Andre Drummond.

Drummond can become a free agent this offseason, which mitigates what teams might be willing to give up for him. Drummond has a player option worth $28.7 million next season.

I'm not sure many teams have expiring contracts to match AND are willing to move a 1st for him, considering he's a free agent this summer and his skills are not well suited for the current NBA game

The initial deal discussed between the Pistons and the Atlanta Hawks over Drummond consisted of only expiring contracts.

JAMES L. EDWARDS III/THE ATHLETIC

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256790/Pistons-Havent-Been-Offered-Any-First-Round-Picks-For-Andre-Drummond
Somebody will offer them a 1st I would imagine. 

Maybe something like this: Dedmon, Joseph, Protected 1st for Drummond.  Not sure the Pistons do that as it adds long term salary, but I think it is a reasonable trade for both teams.

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2020, 10:42:17 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

The Detroit Pistons haven't received any first round pick offers for Andre Drummond.

Drummond can become a free agent this offseason, which mitigates what teams might be willing to give up for him. Drummond has a player option worth $28.7 million next season.

The initial deal discussed between the Pistons and the Atlanta Hawks over Drummond consisted of only expiring contracts.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256790/Pistons-Havent-Been-Offered-Any-First-Round-Picks-For-Andre-Drummond

Maybe something like this: Dedmon, Joseph, Protected 1st for Drummond.  Not sure the Pistons do that as it adds long term salary, but I think it is a reasonable trade for both teams.

I'm not sure many teams have expiring contracts to match AND are willing to move a 1st for him, considering he's a free agent this summer and his skills are not well suited for the current NBA game

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2020, 11:10:41 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

All the hypotheticals from the "experts" I've heard always say something like that, teams aren't willing to give up a pick for what might be a short term rental.

What does Drummond's next contract look like?  Shouldn't this lack of buyers for Drummond in the trade market kind of signal his league wide appeal?  What team is hoping to sign Drummond to a big deal in the offseason? Maybe he gets $60m/3yrs?  And any offer he gets is going to be from a team like Atlanta.  Is he going to opt out of $28.8m next year to take that?  Especially when everybody's saving money for the summer of Giannis in '21.  There will be more options next off season as more teams will have money to throw around.

I just don't see him opting out of his $28.8m for next year.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2020, 11:31:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I mean if OKC isn't receiving good offers for Steven Adams, why would Drummond draw anything good? He's not having a good year this year either to sell teams on bringing him in.

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2020, 11:39:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I mean if OKC isn't receiving good offers for Steven Adams, why would Drummond draw anything good? He's not having a good year this year either to sell teams on bringing him in.
I think at this stage everyone knows what Drummond will give a team. He’s a pretty safe bet for 15/15/2/1.5/1.5 with no ability to stretch the floor and inconsistent defence.

Probably the best rebounder of the last 10 years, and is a strong inside scorer, but whether or not he can contribute to winning is a completely different question.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2020, 11:42:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think at this stage everyone knows what Drummond will give a team. He’s a pretty safe bet for 15/15/2/1.5/1.5 with no ability to stretch the floor and inconsistent defence.

Probably the best rebounder of the last 10 years, and is a strong inside scorer, but whether or not he can contribute to winning is a completely different question.
Thing is he's not even that efficient of a scorer. Just average TS% due to mediocre FG% for a dunker and poor FT shooting. He's turning it over at an obscene rate too. Not a great showcase year at all.

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2020, 11:46:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Thing is he's not even that efficient of a scorer. Just average TS% due to m ???ediocre FG% for a dunker and poor FT shooting. He's turning it over at an obscene rate too. Not a great showcase year at all.
Yeah, his turnover situation is really quite unacceptable. He’s no longer that 38% FT shooter he was throughout his first 5 years, but he still offers nothing outside 8 feet. Added to his contract situation and he’s a bad asset to try and move.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2020, 07:48:28 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Cue someone posting that since Drummond is clearly on the block, Danny needs to trade for him with this proposal___________(fill in trade proposal) in 3...2...1..........

Sorry I'm so late

Cs out Hayward, Timelord, Grizz Pick, Bucks pick.
Cs in Drummond and Kuzma.

Pistons out Drummond and Rose.
Pistons in Hayward, Timelord, Cook, Grizz and Bucks pick.

Lakers out Kuzma, Cook
Lakers in Rose

Lakers vs C's finals?
Rose, Green, LeBron, AD, JaV
Rondo, AB, Pope, Duds, Howard
Vs
Walker, Brown, Tatum, Kuz, Drummond
Wanna, Smart, Semi, Theis, Kanter

-For the record would only do this deal if Hayward gave a strong indication he was going to go elsewhere in off season.

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2020, 07:54:12 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Cue someone posting that since Drummond is clearly on the block, Danny needs to trade for him with this proposal___________(fill in trade proposal) in 3...2...1..........

Sorry I'm so late

Lakers out Kuzma, Cook
Lakers in Rose

Lakers vs C's finals?
Vs

-For the record would only do this deal if Hayward gave a strong indication he was going to go elsewhere in off season.
Lakers like that deal, but not sure the other 2 teams do it.

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2020, 08:01:29 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Sorry I'm so late

Lakers out Kuzma, Cook
Lakers in Rose

Lakers vs C's finals?
Vs

Lakers like that deal, but not sure the other 2 teams do it.
Yeah it's not the greatest deal. C's imo need to know if Hayward was staying or going. Pistons have to be looking to rebuild.

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2020, 03:59:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Traded for a 2023 2nd round pick and expirings

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1225502480664059906?s=21

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2020, 04:24:40 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Traded for a 2023 2nd round pick and expirings

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1225502480664059906?s=21

That's a decent second rounder.

They arguably get to start a better center now anyway.

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2020, 04:29:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
And people wanted us to trade Hayward for Drummond

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2020, 11:46:06 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White