Author Topic: Drummond to ATL?  (Read 13863 times)

Re: Drummond to ATL?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 04:58:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I give up Waters and Semi

;D

Im cheap ....like Danny

OVERPAY!!!!

LOL....TP

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 05:04:41 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 05:06:07 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://mobile.twitter.com/VinceGoodwill/status/1213210067497041921

Boston has expressed many times that anyone in the starting five isn't getting traded.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 05:51:18 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Boston has expressed many times that anyone in the starting five isn't getting traded.

This. Its unreasonable to even get the money to work without including a top 5, let alone getting Detroit to do that.
#JKJB

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I'd presume that Ice Trae would be paired with Drummond?

Boy if ATL could somehow keep John Collins that would be HUGE for them......

In the talk with Luka I often forget how much of a special talent Trae is....and he seems so humble, too.

Would be AWESOME if he could get a team around him sooner than later.

Trae gives up just as much as he gets. He's fun to watch in highlights but his defense is brutal. He doesn't even give much effort on that end. He's constantly putting his teammates in bad positions.

He turns the ball over a lot. He's great at 2 things shooting the 4 point shot off the dribble and getting Westbrook type assists.

Pretty confident the board would roast this guy if he played in Boston.
ok fine

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2020, 06:16:44 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
(...) Toronto (...) registered interest in Andre Drummond, according to sources (...)

Here's hoping that the Raps trade Gasol + other asset(s) to the Pistons for Drummond --> the Pistons cut Gasol --> the C's sign Gasol via the buyout market. :)

It works with Tristan Thompson too: The Raps trade Gasol + other asset(s) to the Cavs for Thompson --> the Cavs cut Gasol --> the C's sign Gasol via the buyout market.

Not the most likely scenarios, but stranger things have happened. There are even rumors that the Raps are considering a trade around Gasol and Thompson.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2020, 06:21:49 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
(...) Toronto (...) registered interest in Andre Drummond, according to sources (...)

Here's hoping that the Raps trade Gasol + other asset(s) to the Pistons for Drummond --> the Pistons cut Gasol --> the C's sign Gasol via the buyout market. :)

It works with Tristan Thompson too: The Raps trade Gasol + other asset(s) to the Cavs for Thompson --> the Cavs cut Gasol --> the C's sign Gasol via the buyout market.

Not the most likely scenarios, but stranger things have happened. There are even rumors that the Raps are considering a trade around Gasol and Thompson.

I much prefer the Cleveland version of this not-happening hypothetical, as Drummond > Thompson and Detroit wouldn’t cut Gasol.

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2020, 06:39:55 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

This. Its unreasonable to even get the money to work without including a top 5, let alone getting Detroit to do that.

True.

One of the core 5 has to be included in the trade for the trade to work.

If and only if the Celts will trade for Drummond, I think it will be Smart and not Hayward getting traded for Drummond.

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2020, 06:44:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

True.

If and only if the Celts will trade for Drummond, I think it will be Smart and not Hayward getting traded for Drummond.
And that would be a foolish trade. Smart’s perimeter defence, leadership and ability to make plays all over the court is more useful for us IMO
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2020, 06:48:04 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

True.

And that would be a foolish trade. Smart’s perimeter defence, leadership and ability to make plays all over the court is more useful for us IMO

I agree.

But we all know you and I or anyone here on this forum don't have the final say in the matter.

All I'm saying is if it's between Hayward and Smart, I think Celts will keep Hayward.

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 06:51:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

True.

What is your infatuation with Drummond?

He's not even that good...

Leads the league in rebounds, but doesn't do anything for his team, as their DRB and TRB % are ranked badly? Check.

92% of his shots come within 2 feet? Check.

Averaging great defensive stats, but are empty, because his dRtG isn't better than Theis or even Kanter? Check.

Andre Drummond doesn't do anything well besides rebounding... He doesn't even defend well, and he's lazy on offense... You're also crazy if you think Hayward or Smart would even be fair value, considering Drummond already mentioned that he wouldn't even exercise his PTO.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2020, 06:54:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Celtics one of 4 teams interested in trading for Drummond per published report on local sports.

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2020, 06:55:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

True.

I agree.

But we all know you and I or anyone here on this forum don't have the final say in the matter.

All I'm saying is if it's between Hayward and Smart, I think Celts will keep Hayward.
I agree with that assessment, but I don’t think either are on the block for Drummond - or anyone for that matter.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2020, 06:55:24 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

True.

What is your infatuation with Drummond?

He's not even that good...

Leads the league in rebounds, but doesn't do anything for his team, as their DRB and TRB % are ranked badly? Check.

92% of his shots come within 2 feet? Check.

Averaging great defensive stats, but are empty, because his dRtG isn't better than Theis or even Kanter? Check.

Andre Drummond doesn't do anything well besides rebounding... He doesn't even defend well, and he's lazy on offense... You're also crazy if you think Hayward or Smart would even be fair value, considering Drummond already mentioned that he wouldn't even exercise his PTO.

I didn't say the Celts should trade for Drummond.

So what's the big deal?

What I said was if the Celts are going to trade for Drummond, I would agree that it's impossible not to include any of the core 5 players.

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2020, 07:04:28 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
To be fair, this is like the Jaylen vs. Tatum issue.

A lot of Celtic fans like Jaylen and in some polls think Jaylen is more valuable than Tatum.
But when the All-Star voting results came out, Tatum got over 300k votes and Jaylen only 150k votes.

When it comes to Drummond, a lot of Celtic fans don't like Drummond.
But would a team like Atlanta really pick Theis or Kanter over Drummond?

Or if an expansion draft were held today, who would you think the expansion team would pick if there are 3 choices, Theis, Kanter, or Drummond.

The point is what Celtic fans think and believe is not the consensus when it comes to NBA matters.