Author Topic: Forum feature that notifies you when you were quoted?  (Read 4327 times)

Forum feature that notifies you when you were quoted?
« on: June 16, 2012, 06:40:14 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I was wondering if there is maybe some way to enable this feature that I missed somewhere, unless it isn't implemented. Ive seen it on a few forums I browse where you are notified through the user control panel or near the private messages w/ a notification pop up if you are quoted.

It's a cool feature as sometimes you forget everywhere you post or have replied and it gives you that reminder.

Also another suggestion not that it matters or is needed or anything but how about something that tells you where and from whom you were given a Tommy Point? I always wonder who gave me that If I notice I was given one  :-\  :P
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Forum feature that notifies you when you were quoted?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I was wondering if there is maybe some way to enable this feature that I missed somewhere, unless it isn't implemented. Ive seen it on a few forums I browse where you are notified through the user control panel or near the private messages w/ a notification pop up if you are quoted.

It's a cool feature as sometimes you forget everywhere you post or have replied and it gives you that reminder.

Also another suggestion not that it matters or is needed or anything but how about something that tells you where and from whom you were given a Tommy Point? I always wonder who gave me that If I notice I was given one  :-\  :P

I'm not sure about this feature, but I would like it if you could post a comment without being told "X number of replies have been posted while you were typing" and being forced to reapprove your post.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 07:57:17 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I'm not sure about this feature, but I would like it if you could post a comment without being told "X number of replies have been posted while you were typing" and being forced to reapprove your post.
You can do that I know because I did it a while back, I believe this is how but could be wrong.

Go to profile > modify profile > notifications and email > then turn off notifications when a post is made something to that sort
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I suggested this idea awhile back, but never received a response on it.
Something similar to FB, where you can have a notification of being quoted and TP'd...lol
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:10:07 AM »

Offline st.jimmy222

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13

this ^ would GREATLY appreciate this^
p.s. i just quoted you  ;)