Author Topic: Why KG is Boston  (Read 1369 times)

Why KG is Boston
« on: February 06, 2013, 01:55:09 AM »

Offline sinbad

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 56
1-The I Remember commercial (Best commercial ever!)

2-"I bleed green, I die green"

3-Knuckle pushups!

4-"I just knocked the bully out"

5-"Any things possible!!!!"

6-Boston is a Brotherhood by Adidas (youtube it...great short video)

7-The Bill Russell interview with KG

8-"Whatcha gonna say now...what can you say now?" (On court interview after winning the title. Speaking to all his critics who said he couldn't lead a team to the title)

9-Best pregame ritual in basketball

10-"He changed the culture of the franchise" - KG was the inspiration to this phrase that is used way too often now.

I understand those who think basketball is a business. That if we can get better for the future we should think about trading him. I get all that and if Danny trades him I understand he's just doing his job.

It seems like so long ago but I bet that most us can remember where we were when we heard that KG was coming to Boston. For the first time in decades there was a legitimate and warranted expectation of another Celtic title.

People constantly tell me KG is a punk, he's washed up too old, overrated, should not be in the all star game, Celtics should trade him while they still can.

I tell them, If you don't appreciate everything that KG brings to the table, if you don't appreciate his fierce loyalty to city and team, if you don't appreciate hard work and focused intensity, if you don't appreciate over 1400 games of never quit never die attitude, if you don't appreciate truly and sincerely respecting and honoring those who came before you then...you just don't get it.

Re: Why KG is Boston
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 02:41:29 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The video is awesome. Must see for any Celtics fan.

http://youtu.be/kRygRYeZmSk

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:56:22 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

The video is awesome. Must see for any Celtics fan.

http://youtu.be/kRygRYeZmSk

wow. great video. makes 2010 and even last year hurt that much more. that guy deserves another title. so close, so close.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:11:08 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
TP for the thread.  TP for the video.  Never saw that -- absolutely great.

I agree with the sentiment of the OP.  There are no words to effectively describe how grateful i am that KG has given heart and sould to this franchise for the last 5+ years.  I will support Danny's decision but KG will be missed whenever that time comes.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 06:28:49 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
TP for the thread.  TP for the video.  Never saw that -- absolutely great.

I agree with the sentiment of the OP.  There are no words to effectively describe how grateful i am that KG has given heart and sould to this franchise for the last 5+ years.  I will support Danny's decision but KG will be missed whenever that time comes.

yeppers
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:54:21 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
This is my slightly bias pick for best sports commercial ever. I still get chills up and down my spine watching it and thinking back to those times. I'm pretty sure myself and my buddy Joe watched that press conference on youtube like 300 times. That summer of 2007 and all the excitement and hope of becoming a true contender overnight! It was definitely a magical time for any lifelong Celtic fan and this commercial captured it perfectly.

TP for reminding me of that commercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6TnilbMphA
The only color that matters is GREEN