Author Topic: most improved in my book marcus  (Read 1576 times)

most improved in my book marcus
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:53:13 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
marcus smart has just played with such maturity,his post up fall away,his pull up jumpers and my favorite of pre season marcus beats a bigger player baseline off dribble then holds him off for a layup
that was such a good basketball play
and for all the doubters marcus can get to the hoop
his drive to hoop and kick out to rozier a classic
marcus played both ends of court in complete control--

Re: most improved in my book marcus
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 07:02:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He is under control better and seeing the game .  Yet you know he is fearless on both ends of the court.  He sets the tone and steadies the ship when he is on the court.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 08:25:46 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Honestly I have loved what I have seen from Smart. He looks very poised for a 3rd year player.

James Young has me pleasantly surprised also. He actually looks like a basketball player. Lets hope that continues.
#JKJB

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 08:31:49 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Marcus, AB and TRoz all look significantly improved to me.

Young and Crowder are better too. I think Stevens has excelled in getting the whole team to work hard on improving through the summer.

Substitute GG and KO in for JJ and TZ, let TRoz and Brown soak up some more preseason experience, and this team is ready to roll.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 08:34:20 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
What I'm glad for is the acceptance that he simply wasn't a PG, I think forcing him into that mold was stifling his development... he has a similar physical build to Dwyane Wade, but has the ability to post up if needed. With Brown and Smart, this 2nd unit is shaping up to straight bully opposing guards on the block.

In my opinion, he's much more dangerous off the ball, with his ability to set solid screens and his improved mid-range game. I think Brad has also told him to embrace the mid-range and not settle/force up 3-pointers. Smart has been great, but overall I think my most improved would go to Rozier

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 08:59:11 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
What I'm glad for is the acceptance that he simply wasn't a PG, I think forcing him into that mold was stifling his development... he has a similar physical build to Dwyane Wade, but has the ability to post up if needed. With Brown and Smart, this 2nd unit is shaping up to straight bully opposing guards on the block.

In my opinion, he's much more dangerous off the ball, with his ability to set solid screens and his improved mid-range game. I think Brad has also told him to embrace the mid-range and not settle/force up 3-pointers. Smart has been great, but overall I think my most improved would go to Rozier
This is a pretty important change in mindset by Stevens that seems to be benefiting Smart.  In fact, he seems more suited as a 2/3 than a 1/2 combo.  Remember early last season when he had the green light to shoot threes?  That was a failed experiment.

I really like him as first guard off the bench b/c there will not be any drop-off in defense (actually better defense if he comes in for IT).  I suspect Smart's shooting will always be a weak area for him (I say that even as he has had a decent FG% so far in pre-season), but if he picks his spots and drives to the hoop when he can, he will be fine.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:31:58 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
That would be fabulous.  He's my favorite Celtic, warts and all.  I love his attitude and he just might be the strongest guard in the NBA.

And we have to remember he's still only 22...I think he can continue to develop his game for another 5 years.

Oh, I almost forgot, I think his BBIQ is underrated.  He's very smart on the floor.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 10:40:33 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Only watched one game, but I was surprised AB is still improving, his offence looks really impressive.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 11:10:56 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Only watched one game, but I was surprised AB is still improving, his offence looks really impressive.
His body has really filled out too.  He looks pretty strong now.  I didn't even recognize him immediately in the first game.