Author Topic: "Return to the Rafters" Movie  (Read 3991 times)

"Return to the Rafters" Movie
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:25:09 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

Just saw this tonight at the movies. comes out on DVD tomorrow I think.
Awesome Movie. Hysterical at parts.
I think the main fan featured in the movie is on this blog - Dude 1000 Tommy Points for you - You are a Star! Congratulations! Your boys truly have a lot to live up to. ;D

Also, Justin Poulin, I mean to travel all the way from Maine, and do those broadcasts at like 2AM in the middle of the winter? My hat's off to you. True Dedication!!

Only bad thing, I thought I was a big fan. I now truly see how weak I am.  :'(

Hope everyone sees this and enjoys it as much as I did.

Re: "Return to the Rafters" Movie
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:45:49 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm assuming that guy is SexyScottish.  I know he's pretty psyched about the release.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 09:15:39 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I saw it last night too.  It was a nice way to get pyched up for tonight.  I think the crazy (and I mean that in the most positive way) fan's name was Mike Munger or something like that.  I also found one of the guys with courtside seats very entertaining.  Marty ?.  He was going crazy on the side and talking trash to the opposing players.  It was great.

I also have a huge amount of respect for Justin Poulin as was already mentioned.  The amount of work that guy puts in is incredible.

I was a little surprised at the turnout though.  I don't know how it was at the other theatres, but the one at Patriot Place wasn't close to filled.  They were also supposed to give out free tickets to the best dressed fan.  They didn't do that, but sadly enough, if they did, just wearing a Celtics shirt like I did would've qualified.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:46:46 AM »

Offline JPMmiles

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
This was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  After an hour I had had enough, but I wanted to stick around for what would certainly be a solid 30 minutes of playoff highlights.

And they even screwed that up.

Seriously, not one shot, clip, image, or mention of Paul's knee injury in game 1?  Really?

Not a single scene with Tommy and Mike?  Not a single interview with a past great Celtic?  Nothing from the award ceremony after the game?  Nothing from the parade?

Unless you're dying to see what Justin Poulin looks like, or unless you want to know the back story as to why Donnie Wahlberg is friends with two random dudes, save your money.

p.s.  Turnout in Revere was also pretty low.  Maybe 2 or 3 dozen people.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:58:10 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
This was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  After an hour I had had enough, but I wanted to stick around for what would certainly be a solid 30 minutes of playoff highlights.

And they even screwed that up.

Seriously, not one shot, clip, image, or mention of Paul's knee injury in game 1?  Really?

Not a single scene with Tommy and Mike?  Not a single interview with a past great Celtic?  Nothing from the award ceremony after the game?  Nothing from the parade?

Unless you're dying to see what Justin Poulin looks like, or unless you want to know the back story as to why Donnie Wahlberg is friends with two random dudes, save your money.

p.s.  Turnout in Revere was also pretty low.  Maybe 2 or 3 dozen people.

I agree that it definitely could've been better.  You're right, no interviews with any of the past greats and not many highlights of the actual games, but when you're thirsty for anything Celtics related, you'll take what you can get.  And since I knew it was only gonna be a little over an hour, I didn't expect much indepth stuff.

But "one of the worst movies you've ever seen"?  C'mon, you may have set your expectations a little high.  It's not like Scorcese was directing it.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 07:00:47 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
 Yeah, I think the focus on the fans as opposed to the players was intentional. I think if you're looking for highlights, they knew you could find the elsewhere. This was kind of like the Red Sox movie from a few years back, but probably not quite as good.
 anyway, i still thought it was great. Yeah, there was like nobody at our theater either, but i think it got like zero hype. i didn't even know about it till i saw the preview at another movie earlier last week.
 They should've advertised it more.