Author Topic: "The Dark Knight" arrested on assault  (Read 11392 times)

Re: "The Dark Knight" arrested on assault
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 02:32:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If it's just assault without an accompanying battery charge, it's likely just verbal.  There's no evidence that he actually hit anyone yet, and it could be as little as a threat or overblown shouting match.  I hope it's only that, since it would be pretty ridiculous to physically abuse your mother and sister.

have to second this as a (hopefully) a law student next year. Assualt does not indicate physical contact, battery does.

That's only at common law.  Each jurisdiction codifies their law differently.  In some states, assault refers to common law battery, etc.  Also, the common meaning of "assault" as used by a reporter may very well encompass battery, as in common parlance, assault generally refers to physical touching.

See, a free law lesson here on Celticsblog.  Much cheaper than law school. ;)

hehe if i could take online courses with ya and then sign up for the bar i would, probley be more enjoyable too.

plus, im going to have to go nights, since i put myself through collage. can't afford to stop working.

No life, here i come assuming a good LSAT score and admittance to a decent enough law school with night courses.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 02:35:13 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Ah, this didn't happen in the States, it occured in London.

Also, I have a hard time believing that Christian Bale's mother and sister had a verbal fight with Bale and then went down to the police station, told them who they were, that Bale was yelling at them, and that they wanted him arrested for it.

That's a bit much for me to believe. There had to be some physicality involved.

granted, but i'll wait for the story to come out. could be as simple (as disgusting as it would still be) of him throwing something nar one of them during a fight, like a lamp, and them deciding he needed help.

again, the above is pure speculation, just saying lets not assume that he made his family a punching bag either. it happened in london, im sure we'll have 600 tabloid accounts by friday.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Also, I have a hard time believing that Christian Bale's mother and sister had a verbal fight with Bale and then went down to the police station, told them who they were, that Bale was yelling at them, and that they wanted him arrested for it.

granted, but i'll wait for the story to come out. could be as simple (as disgusting as it would still be) of him throwing something nar one of them during a fight, like a lamp, and them deciding he needed help.

again, the above is pure speculation, just saying lets not assume that he made his family a punching bag either. it happened in london, im sure we'll have 600 tabloid accounts by friday.

Well since we are wildly speculating and taking things out of context... here's my guess...

Guy is a multi-millionare.  His family members are constantly harassing him asking for favors and believing they are entitled to what he has... perhaps even guilting him into doing them favors.  This happened at a hotel while they were in town for the London Premiere.  Maybe they asked for something, he got frustrated and refused... and his scheming mother and sister went out of their way to cause him some problems.

Just as likely.

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Well he was released after a couple hours, Bale denies any assault took place, his sister is telling reporters, "it's a family matter" and his mother doesn't want to comment on it.   

So it's just the paparazzi blowing everything out of proportion again. 

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
By the way... in case people didn't know this... Bale's mother, Jenny James, was a circus clown when he was growing up.  His mother and sister (who also did some theater) stuck him in ballet classes and got him into acting.

Bottom line... his mom's a circus clown... Bale is Batman... it's no wonder they were fighting. 

Wow, Dick Grayson's parents were also in the circus; the Haly Circus.  They were known as the Flying Graysons that was until mob boss Anthony Zucco sabotaged the high wire act and they fell to their death......ah, never mind.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 02:59:33 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Well since we are wildly speculating and taking things out of context... here's my guess...

Guy is a multi-millionare.  His family members are constantly harassing him asking for favors and believing they are entitled to what he has... perhaps even guilting him into doing them favors.  This happened at a hotel while they were in town for the London Premiere.  Maybe they asked for something, he got frustrated and refused... and his scheming mother and sister went out of their way to cause him some problems.

Just as likely.

my point was we shouldn't speculate till we get some facts, but your point is taken. what we know here could really mean anything.

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 03:17:37 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
well this is mildly ironic. bale seems like a nice guy and before a more detailed account of the incident is written from another point of view, i won't call him guilty.

I don't know if he's guilty or not, but he doesn't _seem_ like a nice guy to me. There is something in his eyes that I don't like. Although - that's about as worthless an indictment as anyone is going to make.

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
There is something in his eyes that I don't like.

Hmm...  maybe he was drawing from experience for his role in American Psycho?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 03:21:48 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
There is something in his eyes that I don't like.

Hmm...  maybe he was drawing from experience for his role in American Psycho?

nah, now that i know his mom was a clown, it makes perfect sense.

clearly he was still in "attack mode" or even "bat mode"

its like that family guy episode, the one where they dgo to the beer factory and the ninja is on the tour. His wife sneaks up behind him and BAM! down she goes on reflex.

Probley the same thing, mom snuck up behind him in grease paint, and he gave her a little crime fighting demo  8)

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 03:24:51 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
By the way... in case people didn't know this... Bale's mother, Jenny James, was a circus clown when he was growing up.  His mother and sister (who also did some theater) stuck him in ballet classes and got him into acting.

Bottom line... his mom's a circus clown... Bale is Batman... it's no wonder they were fighting. 

Wow, Dick Grayson's parents were also in the circus; the Haly Circus.  They were known as the Flying Graysons that was until mob boss Anthony Zucco sabotaged the high wire act and they fell to their death......ah, never mind.

We all know clowns are evil
and make children cry.

Just ask this guy:

(No, I don't mean YOU, Redz  ;))

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 04:15:44 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible

We all know clowns are evil
and make children cry.

Just ask this guy:

(No, I don't mean YOU, Redz  ;))

alright, that picture is just plain creepy.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 04:33:45 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

Ok, I am pathetic, I am still laughing at my own joke.  Flying Graysons....get it????    Tough crowd.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I think this is obvious, people.  It was clayface.

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 05:33:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Well looks like I was entirely right.  His mom was being a pain in the butt and they had a little bit of a family tiff.  I've yelled at my parents before...    But there was likely a noise complaint and he was taken in for "verbal assault"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,389295,00.html

Meanwhile, sources directly connected to the Bale case told TMZ.com that Bale pushed or brushed his mom out of the way during the alleged altercation, but she was not hurt and did not fall down.

There are also reports circulating that Bale was arrested for verbal assault. In England, there are two classes of verbal assault, Class 4 and Class 5. Class 4 is more aggravated than 5, with "an intent to cause alarm."

Bale is also said to have become depressed over the death of close friend and "Dark Knight" co-star Heath Ledger, the Mail reports.

"Christian was stressed, but he didn’t lay a finger on anyone. Instead, he flew off the handle and cussed his mother," a source said. "He just got very loud because his mother was saying some very outrageous things about him, and his wife.

"Christian's attitude is that this was his mother's fault because she became very provocative in an argument they were having," the source said, adding: "Things got out of control and he now says he wishes he just left the room.

The incident apparently comes at a time when his marriage to Sandra "Sibi" Blazic, a former model and makeup artist and the mother of the couple's young daughter, is enduring difficulties, according to the Mail.

"He has stresses in his marriage," the source said. "He can have a terrible temper. Instead of lashing out at his wife, he sometimes lashes out at people around him."

and

However, Bale's mother Jenny told the Daily Mail she was not the one who called police.

"Yes I was there and yes there was a family situation but the police are handling it and I cannot say any more at the moment. We didn't call the police to the scene. I can't say any more but we didn't call the police."

A woman thought to be Bale's sister, Sharon, told reporters, "it's a family matter," from her home in Corfe Mullen, 110 miles southwest of London.

Sharon initially denied any knowledge of an assault, but then admitted there was "an incident."

"There was an incident but the police are dealing with it. It is an extremely sensitive situation," she said, according to the Daily Mail.

Leave it to the media to just throw it out there like he was beating the heck out of his family.

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 06:59:44 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
It has been reported that Bale's parents divorced when he was very young and that his mother essentially made him choose who he wanted to live with.  He chose his father who became his manager (an interesting aside is his dad got remarried to Gloria Steinem) and there is a great deal of resentment from his mother, which might explain why she would say things in an insensitive manner.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip