Author Topic: NFL 2023-24 Off-Season  (Read 45000 times)

Re: NFL 2023-24 Off-Season
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2024, 07:22:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Yikes

Yahoo Sports

@YahooSports
Former LSU football player Kayshon Boutte has been arrested on charges related to illegal online gaming, per
@WAFB

Boutte is accused of illegally gambling while a minor and placed thousands of bets (some on LSU football). The wagers and payouts amount to “several hundred thousand dollars."

And he can’t get two feet in bounds.

Eagles were -3 favorites that day. Just food for thought  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2024, 08:30:51 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Falcons hired a defensive coach and it wasn't Bill. Weird

Seems like Bill’s age is really working against him. Thought at least a few teams would be interested. Doesn’t appear to be the case, though.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2024, 12:39:39 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Falcons hired a defensive coach and it wasn't Bill. Weird

Seems like Bill’s age is really working against him. Thought at least a few teams would be interested. Doesn’t appear to be the case, though.

It could also be how badly he ruined Mac Jones. Bill's stubbornness may have finally caught up to him.

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2024, 01:09:43 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Give it up folks, I think Belichick isn't going to be coaching. Even the Falcons passed on him and that has to make you wonder. The game has passed him. It's a new era of football now. Get those old-school, military-level coaching attitudes out. No more "No Days Off" mantra or come in during snow days type of workout/shootarounds. No more putting players in ridiculous doghouses because they defied orders or argued, especially in the Superbowl. Players these days have finally tuned out on Belichick.

And his offensive mindset is garbage. He ruined a QB and let an all-time great QB walk due to his poor analysis. Brady made Belichick 100%; it wasn't 50/50 or 60/40, but Brady was responsible for 90% of New England's success.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2024, 01:30:38 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Give it up folks, I think Belichick isn't going to be coaching. Even the Falcons passed on him and that has to make you wonder. The game has passed him. It's a new era of football now. Get those old-school, military-level coaching attitudes out. No more "No Days Off" mantra or come in during snow days type of workout/shootarounds. No more putting players in ridiculous doghouses because they defied orders or argued, especially in the Superbowl. Players these days have finally tuned out on Belichick.

And his offensive mindset is garbage. He ruined a QB and let an all-time great QB walk due to his poor analysis. Brady made Belichick 100%; it wasn't 50/50 or 60/40, but Brady was responsible for 90% of New England's success.

Whenever I see something like this I realize the person writing it either didn’t follow the first couple of championships for the patriots under bill or is willfully ignoring it. But it is still kind of always a little disappointing

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2024, 10:04:13 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The crossroads, according to a source familiar with the Falcons and Blank, was the element of realignment that would've needed to take place inside the Falcons to maximize a Belichick hire. While Blank and Belichick apparently never discussed a detailed plan of how a linear chain of command under the head coach would work, the source said meetings with Blank crystalized Belichick’s continued belief that the full scope of football operations, personnel and coaching should be under his decision-making umbrella.

But the Falcons, like virtually every other team in the NFL, have never entertained that type of CEO/coach power structure. Embracing it under Belichick would have raised the specter of either shuffling or redefining multiple jobs within the organization — if not rebooting some parts altogether.

Sounds like BB wanted essentially total power, and the Falcons weren't that desperate.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2024, 10:27:01 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
The crossroads, according to a source familiar with the Falcons and Blank, was the element of realignment that would've needed to take place inside the Falcons to maximize a Belichick hire. While Blank and Belichick apparently never discussed a detailed plan of how a linear chain of command under the head coach would work, the source said meetings with Blank crystalized Belichick’s continued belief that the full scope of football operations, personnel and coaching should be under his decision-making umbrella.

But the Falcons, like virtually every other team in the NFL, have never entertained that type of CEO/coach power structure. Embracing it under Belichick would have raised the specter of either shuffling or redefining multiple jobs within the organization — if not rebooting some parts altogether.

Sounds like BB wanted essentially total power, and the Falcons weren't that desperate.

I heard it was because Blank didn't like the answer to the "Name a time you overcame adversity" question.  ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2024, 11:48:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I mean why would anyone give that to Bill given just how poor a job he has done at that in NE.  Another case of Bill and his ego getting in the way.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2024, 12:10:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Belichick’s best hope now is that Dallas or Philadelphia flounders next season and either or both let go of their HC. Maybe Jacksonville or Buffalo as well with another down year. And they go after Belichick. Otherwise he could truly be done and may finish behind Shula in the wins record.

One outside the box thought I’ve heard is Reid decides to retire in a year or two and Belichick takes over with Mahomes lol. Then he’d have coached Brady and Mahomes. Like a Phil Jackson figure in the NFL

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2024, 12:23:41 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Belichick’s best hope now is that Dallas or Philadelphia flounders next season and either or both let go of their HC. Maybe Jacksonville or Buffalo as well with another down year. And they go after Belichick. Otherwise he could truly be done and may finish behind Shula in the wins record.

One outside the box thought I’ve heard is Reid decides to retire in a year or two and Belichick takes over with Mahomes lol. Then he’d have coached Brady and Mahomes. Like a Phil Jackson figure in the NFL

Dallas makes sense with its team being ready to win, but I can't imagine BB and JJ getting along.  BB will have to back way, way off on his absolute power demands.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2024, 02:52:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Is the NFL season thread gone or just not showing up for me?

Anyway I guess I'll just post it here.

Ravens > Chiefs 27-17
Niners > Lions 28-20

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2024, 02:58:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Is the NFL season thread gone or just not showing up for me?

Anyway I guess I'll just post it here.

Ravens > Chiefs 27-17
Niners > Lions 28-20

I didn't find it either. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2024, 04:19:17 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
49ers 31- Detroit 13
Ravens 23- Chiefs 21

That’s my prediction
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2024, 07:58:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Chiefs-9ers Super Bowl

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2024, 05:06:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Felger and Mazz are really pushing the Fields + trade back strategy.