Author Topic: 2023-2024 NCAAF Official Thread  (Read 60362 times)

Re: 2023-2024 NCAAF Official Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2023, 12:01:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3016
  • On To Banner 18!
Went to bed and Colorado was winning 29-0.  Woke up to find out they lost.  The Coach Prime honeymoon is over and we won't have to hear about it anymore.  So happy about that.

He threw his team under the bus too.

“I just said in the locker room to the team is they got to make up their mind. Are they in love with this game? Are they in like with it,” Sanders said of his ask early Saturday morning. “Because when you love something you give to it unconditionally. You give everything you got to it, but when you like it, it’s just the button you push. You like something, like that’s what they do on social media. So we got to figure out, do they love it or do they like it?”

“And it’s hard for me because I love this. I love it,” Sanders said. “And without a shadow of a doubt, I am truly 100% in love with this thing. And I just want people to match me, just match my passion. Match my heart, match my love, match my consistency, just match my mannerisms. Just match every darn thing I give to this game. I love this. Sadly, I love it so much but the game doesn’t even occupy the ability to love you back. That’s a strange love isn’t it?”

https://www.espn.com/college-football/

That's who he is. There's a reason he can never pan out in the NFL and even he admitted it. NFL players  definitely respect him and admire him, but make no mistake if Prime pulled these same stunts in the NFL and called out guys, he'd get laughed at and ridiculed by his locker room at the pros. He wouldn't make it like his Aflac partner, Nick Saban didn't in the NFL.

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure he's gonna stay in Colorado that long. Probably just to be with his sons for the time being, but after they go pro he'll leave for another opportunity, maybe Miami or something?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2023, 12:10:23 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 557
Went to bed and Colorado was winning 29-0.  Woke up to find out they lost.  The Coach Prime honeymoon is over and we won't have to hear about it anymore.  So happy about that.

“I just said in the locker room to the team is they got to make up their mind. Are they in love with this game? Are they in like with it,” Sanders said of his ask early Saturday morning. “Because when you love something you give to it unconditionally. You give everything you got to it, but when you like it, it’s just the button you push. You like something, like that’s what they do on social media. So we got to figure out, do they love it or do they like it?”

“And it’s hard for me because I love this. I love it,” Sanders said. “And without a shadow of a doubt, I am truly 100% in love with this thing. And I just want people to match me, just match my passion. Match my heart, match my love, match my consistency, just match my mannerisms. Just match every darn thing I give to this game. I love this. Sadly, I love it so much but the game doesn’t even occupy the ability to love you back. That’s a strange love isn’t it?”

That doesn't really throw them under the bus too much.  However it really doesn't seem to apply when you are up 29-0 at halftime and then lose the game.  Did the players lose their love for the game at halftime?

« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2023, 12:52:43 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Another big lead blown.  Boise State was up 30-10 with 6 minutes left.  Colorado State came back and won 31-30 in regulation. 

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2023, 02:36:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be

That's who he is. There's a reason he can never pan out in the NFL and even he admitted it. NFL players  definitely respect him and admire him, but make no mistake if Prime pulled these same stunts in the NFL and called out guys, he'd get laughed at and ridiculed by his locker room at the pros. He wouldn't make it like his Aflac partner, Nick Saban didn't in the NFL.

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure he's gonna stay in Colorado that long. Probably just to be with his sons for the time being, but after they go pro he'll leave for another opportunity, maybe Miami or something?

You realize he went to Florida State, right?

I mean, never say never, but...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2023, 02:44:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

You realize he went to Florida State, right?

I mean, never say never, but...

I heard some people mention Miami, especially with the mess that's happening there now with their current coach. But yeah his former team (Florida State) could be one too.

« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2023, 02:48:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
New AP Poll is out. Washington up to 5, Oregon only drops 1 spot which I think is fair, and UNC up to 10

If UNC wins out including beating Florida State in the ACC Championship Game, they'll probably make the playoffs. I kind of think they control their own destiny at this point.

« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2023, 03:33:22 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Pac 12 started to shake out this weekend. Next weekend we get the 1st of the big 3 Big 10 games as Penn State is at Ohio State at noon. Biggest game of the year to this point and should answer questions for both teams.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2023, 06:14:15 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Pac 12 started to shake out this weekend. Next weekend we get the 1st of the big 3 Big 10 games as Penn State is at Ohio State at noon. Biggest game of the year to this point and should answer questions for both teams.
Penn State has only beaten OSU once in the last 11 meetings.  Even with a less dominant OSU, I don't see that changing this year.  Penn State has played an easy schedule but they are towards the bottom of CFB in explosive plays. 

« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2023, 09:30:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Penn State has only beaten OSU once in the last 11 meetings.  Even with a less dominant OSU, I don't see that changing this year.  Penn State has played an easy schedule but they are towards the bottom of CFB in explosive plays.
As I said, questions will be answered. Penn State did beat Iowa 31-0.  That is Iowa's only loss on the year.  It should be a great test for both teams and the winner will be set up well in the Big Ten and playoff picture. 

« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2023, 11:42:11 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Big blow for Georgia.

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
·
2m
Georgia All-American TE Brock Bowers had tightrope surgery on his injured ankle, the school announces, and he's expected to miss four-to-six weeks.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2023, 01:43:14 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
So is it a coincidence that Michigan started illegally spying on teams in 2021 and went from never beating OSU woth Harbaugh to not losing to them since?

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2023, 02:42:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
So is it a coincidence that Michigan started illegally spying on teams in 2021 and went from never beating OSU woth Harbaugh to not losing to them since?

So I might come across as "evil" here, but are we to believe other teams aren't doing this either? Like all this time, Georgia hasn't, or Alabama, etc.? Kind of like how the Astros in baseball had their scandal, it turns out many other teams like the Sox, Yankees, Cardinals, etc. were doing stuff too but it's just these teams all got caught. Obviously you also have Spygate with the Patriots, etc.

Kinda feels like the NCAA is just targeting Michigan for some reason now, especially Harbaugh. The NCAA has had a thing for him for a while now, he definitely annoys them lol

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2023, 04:32:01 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

So I might come across as "evil" here, but are we to believe other teams aren't doing this either? Like all this time, Georgia hasn't, or Alabama, etc.? Kind of like how the Astros in baseball had their scandal, it turns out many other teams like the Sox, Yankees, Cardinals, etc. were doing stuff too but it's just these teams all got caught. Obviously you also have Spygate with the Patriots, etc.

Kinda feels like the NCAA is just targeting Michigan for some reason now, especially Harbaugh. The NCAA has had a thing for him for a while now, he definitely annoys them lol

I agree, though I believe that the Astros incident was so egregious it deserved a strict punishment.

If you can’t conceal your grip on the ball when pitching and the opposing team can take advantage of it, then that’s your problem.  If your team has signals that can be broken or interpreted by the other team then you need to do better.

Where I think it crosses the line into cheating is when technology is needed to aid in taking advantage.  So the astros using a monitor from a camera in centerfield to steal catcher signs is cheating.  Using a smart watch to relays stolen signs, video taping practices, etc are all out of bounds if you ask me
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 04:38:04 PM by greg683x »
Greg

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2023, 05:07:25 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

Considering the allegations center around last year and this year, and involve an employee who was hired in 2022, I think we can say yes, it’s a coincidence.

Also, if you watched the 2021 game, you’d know there was nothing to do with signs being stolen.  Ohio couldn’t block Hutchison, even with a constant double team (15 QB pressures by him alone), and they couldn’t stop the Michigan ground game even when they knew it was coming (Michigan only passed four times in the second half).  Further, OSU changed up their signs last year before playing Michigan:

Ohio State staff members knew of the issue ahead of their game against the Wolverines last season. The staff “changed things up” ahead of the game to combat the signaling issue, one support member told Yahoo.

So yeah, coincidence.

« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2023, 09:09:09 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I agree, though I believe that the Astros incident was so egregious it deserved a strict punishment.

If you can’t conceal your grip on the ball when pitching and the opposing team can take advantage of it, then that’s your problem.  If your team has signals that can be broken or interpreted by the other team then you need to do better.

Where I think it crosses the line into cheating is when technology is needed to aid in taking advantage.  So the astros using a monitor from a camera in centerfield to steal catcher signs is cheating.  Using a smart watch to relays stolen signs, video taping practices, etc are all out of bounds if you ask me
Stealing signs during games isn't against the rules.  The alleged rules violations being mentioned are sending people to do in-person scouting of future opponents and using technology to record signals.