Author Topic: I like Bass. Shoot me.  (Read 5303 times)

I like Bass. Shoot me.
« on: November 23, 2012, 10:03:35 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
I do not understand why getting rid of Bass is so high on people's Christmas list. I mean, sure, if we can get someone like Gortat, but I don't see that happening. Bass is imperfect, but I love the guy's intensity. He played very well tonight, regardless of the low point total. He has played well overall this season. I like him in our lineup. He has some younger legs, some decent width and strength and a nice shot when he let's it come.

Better players out there? Absolutely, but Bass is filling the Leon Powe role nicely I think...perhaps even better.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

Re: I like Bass. Shoot me.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 10:06:13 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
I like the roll he plays...It kinda gets under my skin that he has no post up game...some one with that athletic body frame...with out a post move...but he makes up for what he lacks...with his effort he even had a big play where he fought for...that offensive rebound..and we ended up getting it...I like the guy...

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
I agree with you, bro. Bass is among the hardest working players in the league, not just the team. He is the type of guy who goes on the court, does what he is asked to do, and then comes back. Some times, shots just don't fall, doesn't mean he is awful.

I have loved Bass from the beginning and despite becoming frustrated from time to time due to him missing shots, he is a need for this team, not a bonus. We need him.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:11:24 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I do not understand why getting rid of Bass is so high on people's Christmas list. I mean, sure, if we can get someone like Gortat, but I don't see that happening. Bass is imperfect, but I love the guy's intensity. He played very well tonight, regardless of the low point total. He has played well overall this season. I like him in our lineup. He has some younger legs, some decent width and strength and a nice shot when he let's it come.

Better players out there? Absolutely, but Bass is filling the Leon Powe role nicely I think...perhaps even better.

Just wondering. If you had to see one traded, who would it be. Sully or Bass?

For me it would be Bass.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I like Bass, but I like him better coming off the bench. He also hurts us because he's our second best big that can't guard the paint.

I think the big reason people want to trade him is his contract is nice, and teams would like him. Also with PP's only backup being Green it doesn't make sense to trade Green over Bass right now, unless a solid back up SF comes in with the package.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 10:24:03 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I do not understand why getting rid of Bass is so high on people's Christmas list. I mean, sure, if we can get someone like Gortat, but I don't see that happening.

It's high on my Christmas list because it's for Gortat. Bass + AB for Gortat is conceivable.

But I love Bass just like you do. 3-12 tonight but crashed the boards again. I knew he looked better in that aspect when I first saw him this season (even started a thread on his rebounding this season).

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 10:27:46 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
His jumpshot, which is the only thing he does well, has been in the slump for a while now.  If we can get someone better, I say trade him in a heartbeat

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:29:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
he's not a bad player... he's just not a starter.  We anticipated him to fill Big Baby's role off the bench... not be a starting PF.  But Shaq retired, Perk was traded, Krstik never came back from Europe and our attempt to sign David West fell through... so a guy who would have been outstanding as the 4th or 5th big on the depth chart... suddenly became the 2nd by default. 

Fwiw, though... Glen Davis has been thrust into the "2nd best big" role by default in Orlando as well... except that team isn't loaded with talent like Boston is to make up for that glaring weakness. 

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 10:34:04 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense

Just wondering. If you had to see one traded, who would it be. Sully or Bass?

For me it would be Bass.

I would also trade Bass over Sully. I hate giving away youth that has shown potential. And if Bradley is traded, Ainge is truly out of his mind.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I don't dislike bass but for gortat id give up up and not think twice about it. Only people i don't want to give up for any reason is Rondo Pierce KG Avery bradley Jason terry. Ill throw in sully for an honorable mention but id get rid of him for the right deal but i wouldn't like it.

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 10:38:02 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Bass is definition of great role player. 12 and 6 guy every night. I think gripe with some fans is his lack of post game. A hook shot is badly needed in his arsenal. It can take his game to next level.

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 10:39:08 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Bass is Thumpin

he is needed here

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:02 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Bass is definition of great role player. 12 and 6 guy every night. I think gripe with some fans is his lack of post game. A hook shot is badly needed in his arsenal. It can take his game to next level.

Heck just have him drive to the rack more like rondo, barbosa, PP and green. whatever it takes to get high % shots and draw fouls.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 11:08:57 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
The two sides of Bass

1. He is an undersized power forward. Really undersized
2. For the most part, he cannot jump and cannot convert inside
3. His defense is passable
4. He absolutely should not be a starter, but that is not his fault

1. He hustles his butt off. Hustles more than anyone else on the team in my opinion.
2. His best attribute is his jump shot, and he is not making it lately

There is no question, if it is either he or Sully who goes in a trade, it should be Bass. If he was coming off the bench, I might be fine with him, but he is not a quality starting power forward in this league. The way Sully is playing, I would put him back into the starting lineup.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 11:13:18 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Heck just have him drive to the rack more like rondo, barbosa, PP and green. whatever it takes to get high % shots and draw fouls.

For small power forward Bass has a knack finishing most of paint point with Dunks. It's an uncanny ability for undersized player. He is very patient down there amongst the giants, and then explodes off the floor two hand flush.