Author Topic: Woj: Kawhi still focused on LA and Home. Values quality of life in free agency”  (Read 6016 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1073982751609622529

The acquisition of Kawhi Leonard by the Toronto Raptors has gone extremely well, but they remain nervous about their odds of re-signing him in 2019.

"They can't change the geography. They can't change the weather in Toronto. Those were always be things against them in this," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "Home and L.A. has been the focus for Kawhi Leonard through all of this."

Wojnarowski also added that quality of life will also be a priority for Leonard and that his prior championship changes the equation for some players.

Leonard previously sought a trade from the San Antonio Spurs to one of the two Los Angeles teams.

The Los Angeles Clippers have been sending Lawrence Frank to an inordinate number Raptors' games and have been treating Leonard's impending free agency almost like a college recruiting process

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
So did he want to leave San Antonio because of the weather?

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Have you been to both San Antonio and LA. Quality of life isn't just weather. San Antonio is horribly hot and other than the Riverwalk, it is a crappy small city. LA if you have money, and Kawhi will have a ton, is just a tremendous place to live. And I would say, being on the Pacific coast gives you much more geat weather than San Antonio.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Raptors should trade him to the Clippers for Alexandre, Harris, Jerome Williams and future 1st... plus whatever else you can extract

this way clippers can sign him to that 5 year max and pretty much guarantee he will be with the team for years to come

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Have you been to both San Antonio and LA. Quality of life isn't just weather. San Antonio is horribly hot and other than the Riverwalk, it is a crappy small city. LA if you have money, and Kawhi will have a ton, is just a tremendous place to live. And I would say, being on the Pacific coast gives you much more geat weather than San Antonio.

Yeah that part in bold is the key thing. Otherwise, it’s a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.hole. All of the filth of a big city with none of the charm.

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Good, leave the EC.  :D

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yeah that part in bold is the key thing. Otherwise, it’s a ****hole. All of the filth of a big city with none of the charm.
I loved Santa Monica. My brother lived out there off Ocean  Ave just Northwest of downtown not far from the beach and pier. Freaking beautiful. But yeah, you have to have money

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I will be surprised if he does not end up on the clippers and I feel bad for the raps

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I moved to California from East in 2002 and also lived Santa Monica for a few years. I lived a walk from the beach near Montana and Mark Jackson lived in townhome next door(nice guy!). It was awesome and for someone in their 20’s or early 30’s , amazing place to be- especially with money.  Traffic not a factor in many places you could live and many places are private. If he wants the ocean and views that take your breath away, it will work. Personally, I would have never left California after a decade there but I was forced into leaving to somewhere just as beautiful but in a different way. The ocean still calls me back though.

San Antonio is super hot and humid- Santa Monica area/Malibu is in a whole other world. If he enjoys colder winters, and another country, Toronto will work but for someone who craves hotter year round weather, the choices get very narrow.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I live in the LA county but like 30 miles away from DTLA, and California is a very expensive state. Most expensive gas prices in the country if you ask me. I would kill to have $2.07/gal on 87 unleaded gas. Went to Arizona a few weeks ago for road trip and their gas was like $2.18/gal. Over here is like $3.10/gal. You basically gotta have money to live in CA.

Santa Monica and the beaches, forget it. Hit up the millionaires. Hate the weather here esp in the summer. Give me snow and rain like Boston.

That being said, he should go to the Clippers. Get more Clippers fans cuz this place is flooded with Lakers fans and Rams fans and soon Chargers fans hopping on the bandwagon.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Raptors should trade him to the Clippers for Alexandre, Harris, Jerome Williams and future 1st... plus whatever else you can extract

this way clippers can sign him to that 5 year max and pretty much guarantee he will be with the team for years to come

This move would deplete the Clippers of talent when they could just wait till FA hits.... Problem though is the other LA also has capspace and will have a better chance at a championship with Lequeen on board... Will Leonard be willing to play second fiddle to LeWhine or go to the Clippers and be the Alpha.

Just so many questions in the upcoming off season.
Toronto would hope bringing in a championship will make KL stay because right now, that might be the only way they could convince the Claw to stay... ECF won't cut it because KL has been in those situations before.. But heck a championship might change his mind about staying.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think people are underestimating the Clippers, they would be a contender with Kawhi.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
If Jerry West can convince KD to join the warriors, Im pretty sure he also can with Kawhi to the Clippers.

Woj: Kawhi still focused on LA and Home. Values quality of life in free agency
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

This move would deplete the Clippers of talent when they could just wait till FA hits.... Problem though is the other LA also has capspace and will have a better chance at a championship with Lequeen on board... Will Leonard be willing to play second fiddle to LeWhine or go to the Clippers and be the Alpha.

Just so many questions in the upcoming off season.
Toronto would hope bringing in a championship will make KL stay because right now, that might be the only way they could convince the Claw to stay... ECF won't cut it because KL has been in those situations before.. But heck a championship might change his mind about staying.
Would it?  He'd have his ring.  So why wouldn't he go to LA where he wants to be?  The Clippers (and Lakers) may even have a better shot at the championship after this season than Toronto. 

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
He is going to LA and if u think he. isnt then u gotta be disappointed
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin