Author Topic: Bucks (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) 11/3 Game 5  (Read 51757 times)

Re: Bucks (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) 11/3 Game 5
« Reply #255 on: November 04, 2010, 12:06:27 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Loved that tip-in by JO ;D He's had a rough start but nice that he bobbed up when we needed him.

See-sawing game all night. Great to get the win.
I liked what Jermaine brought, his problems were mostly foul related.

« Reply #256 on: November 04, 2010, 02:20:57 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I predict 15 dimes for Rondo.

Good thing they played OT to save my prediction.

« Reply #257 on: November 04, 2010, 02:41:59 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
(Forced to watch the replay again) - Bennie Adams is rapidly moving up toward the top of my "Poop List" of NBA Officials ... this guy is an idiot.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #258 on: November 04, 2010, 03:20:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow ... how is Bogut not ejected for shoving KG?!? Mucho crapola.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #259 on: November 04, 2010, 03:26:32 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Wow ... how is Bogut not ejected for shoving KG?!? Mucho crapola.
i thought the double tech was fair ejecting him would be a bit overboard IMO, KG was clearing space but swung that elbow up pretty high

im sure our players wouldnt mind if he was ejected though, favoring and using mainly one arm the kid was still a huge presence :o
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #260 on: November 04, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game! I expected it to be a tough and close one but not that close!

Great game anyway since we got the win. ;D

Ray was brilliant for 3 quarters and then disappeared, and made two big mistakes that allowed Milwaukee to be alive (the open lane for the Delfino tying layup before OT and the 3 pointer in OT). Rondo had an OK game, he got a lot of assists once again but I thought his decision making was mostly poor and he didn't run enough, stopping the ball too often. Baby was huge once again, he is really consistent now and it's great to be able to rely on him.

I was really glad to see JO have a good game. He didn't force anything offensively and got a huge tip at the end of the game. Defensively he was awesome, defending Bogut very well (one thing Perk can't do) and blocking a lot of shots.

To be honest I thought we were going to lose when we lost JO and Baby after their 6th foul but the decision to go small paid off.

I loved Pierce's reaction to the crowd when he scored his 20 000th point. Beautiful and memorable scene, and he was clutch with all his free throws.

Overall, a good game, the only disappointments were the defensive breakdowns (mostly due to fatigue I think) and the ineffectiveness of the 2nd unit (they let Milwaukee right back in the game in the 2nd quarter and from then we couldn't trust any backup expect Baby, and Marquis to a degree). Nate is in a big slump offensively AND defensively.

« Reply #261 on: November 04, 2010, 05:05:40 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #262 on: November 04, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Still horrible to watch Boguts injury!
Let's hope that was the worst officiating we see this year.  Those refs should be fined for the job they did!

« Reply #263 on: November 04, 2010, 05:28:59 PM »

Offline SalmonAndMashedPotatoes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 119

Ray was brilliant for 3 quarters and then disappeared, and made two big mistakes that allowed Milwaukee to be alive (the open lane for the Delfino tying layup before OT and the 3 pointer in OT).

Ray's production fell off in the 4th quarter, but he wasn't to fault on Delphino's three as Bogut clearly executed a moving pick to create the look.

I was really glad to see JO have a good game. He didn't force anything offensively and got a huge tip at the end of the game. Defensively he was awesome, defending Bogut very well (one thing Perk can't do) and blocking a lot of shots.

JO had a solid game, but once again he was in foul trouble and he's still out of shape and tends to fade as the game goes along.  I didn't think he was all that good defensively after the 1st quarter, at least in the terms of moving his feet and rotating successfully, and he didn't do much to stop Bogut either, who basically had his way with us when he wanted.  Perk doesn't defend Bogut well--nor does JO.  The skilled big men with length are hard to defend.  Shaq might be the best option against Bogut--somebody to hold his spot on the low block and somebody with enough length to bother his shot.
Folly. Persist.

« Reply #264 on: November 04, 2010, 05:31:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Ray was brilliant for 3 quarters and then disappeared, and made two big mistakes that allowed Milwaukee to be alive (the open lane for the Delfino tying layup before OT and the 3 pointer in OT).

Ray's production fell off in the 4th quarter, but he wasn't to fault on Delphino's three as Bogut clearly executed a moving pick to create the look.

JO had a solid game, but once again he was in foul trouble and he's still out of shape and tends to fade as the game goes along.  I didn't think he was all that good defensively after the 1st quarter, at least in the terms of moving his feet and rotating successfully, and he didn't do much to stop Bogut either, who basically had his way with us when he wanted.  Perk doesn't defend Bogut well--nor does JO.  The skilled big men with length are hard to defend.  Shaq might be the best option against Bogut--somebody to hold his spot on the low block and somebody with enough length to bother his shot.
Bogut didn't really kill us in the post.

He scored more on putbacks, tip ins, and passes off of penetration than the post.