Author Topic: Lebron in the Celtics huddle  (Read 24377 times)

Re: Lebron in the Celtics huddle
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2010, 11:51:52 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up
i feel like there are alot of non-celtics fans here on celticsblog. yes alot of us are biased, some more than others, but then you get the people that defend the refs/opposing teams/bad calls etc. when fans from another teams blog are saying that we got the short end of the stick with the questionable refereeing(ex. last wed against OKC when people from THEIR blog were saying it) then its not being biased and blaming it on the refs. as a matter of fact i feel like YOU are biased defending the way the queen gets served on a silver platter all his career seeing as how anyone but a cavs fan would agree with this. (and as a side note i think i have seen 2 dozen correctly set picks this year in the whole NBA, and if you think pierce gets every call while driving i believe you might be blind)
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2010, 11:52:25 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Speaking about entitlement, here's the latest:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AriSYpBOy2H.vmxNV6Wu8o68vLYF?slug=mc-lebronworlds040410

While I can't stand Lebron, I can't blame him for these quotes.  Why should they have to play in EVERY summer championship thing??  If this was Pierce making those comments several years ago (after doing a ton for USA), you would be backing him.

One thing I just noticed is that Cleveland has 12 wins more than the Celtics.  Say what you will about the Celtics health, not caring, etc, but the difference between the Cavs and the Celtics (in wins) is the same as the Celtics & Being worse than the Bulls.  Essentially the Celtics would be out of the playoffs.  I was a bit blown away by that differential.  The Celts will have to play all out every minute of the game to routinely beat the Cavs.

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2010, 11:59:52 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
While I can't stand Lebron, I can't blame him for these quotes.  Why should they have to play in EVERY summer championship thing??
Because representing your country is not a musical wish, and you don't get to pick and choose which competitions you're in.  

If this was Pierce making those comments several years ago (after doing a ton for USA), you would be backing him.
And how do you know exactly what I am going to do? I am sure you would like me to be backing Pierce, so that you can point a finger and scream, "Homer!" :)

(For the record, the only thing I will be in this situation is happy if Pierce backs out of something he's obviously unable to handle physically.)

The bottom line is that everyone knows what the NT commitment is designed to be, and LeBron is about the only whiner who wants the whole thing to be tailored to his individual demands.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
To the Celtics, James, called for no fouls in 45 minutes, is a golden child. “Cleveland does a lot of stuff — picture taking and all kinds of stuff,’’ Rivers said. “LeBron was standing in our huddle. I thought that was a tech. So, I don’t know." [.....]As he walked off the floor, he turned to the Celtics’ side of the court, flashed his jersey so they could see the “Cleveland,’’ and brushed the back of his head as if to say the loss was no sweat off his back.

Standing in the opposition's huddle is a tech...and the Queen wasn't called for it....yet some people think its wrong when the Queen is accused of getting preferential treatment.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2010, 04:22:17 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
i feel like there are alot of non-celtics fans here on celticsblog. yes alot of us are biased, some more than others, but then you get the people that defend the refs/opposing teams/bad calls etc. when fans from another teams blog are saying that we got the short end of the stick with the questionable refereeing(ex. last wed against OKC when people from THEIR blog were saying it) then its not being biased and blaming it on the refs. as a matter of fact i feel like YOU are biased defending the way the queen gets served on a silver platter all his career seeing as how anyone but a cavs fan would agree with this. (and as a side note i think i have seen 2 dozen correctly set picks this year in the whole NBA, and if you think pierce gets every call while driving i believe you might be blind)

you don't have to wear green tinted glasses to be a Celtics fan.  I'm a fan of the Celtics first, but also a fan of basketball.  I agree, Lebron doesn't get fouls called on him.  He's also one heckuva basketball player and he makes basketball plays without the help of the refs.  A lot of people seem to think Lebron has been chosen by the NBA to be the posterchild and therefore gets every call - I think its the other way around - he's that darned good that the league recognizes it and exploits it - hey they're making money off of it.

But yes, if the Celtics lose because of shady reffing, it makes me upset.  I do realize bad calls happen the other way too.  Being realistic and enjoying the game doesn't make me a non-celtics fan.
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
A lot of people seem to think Lebron has been chosen by the NBA to be the posterchild and therefore gets every call - I think its the other way around - he's that darned good that the league recognizes it and exploits it - hey they're making money off of it.

Kobe is also one of the best players in the league...and the NBA rakes in a lot of money because of him as well.....yet Kobe is called for more fouls than LeBronze Shames. How is that possible when you consider the fact that LeBrat is a more physical player compared to that guy in LA?

Kobe has 13 techs so far in this season....how many techs does the Queen have? why wasn't he assessed a tech for standing in our huddle last night?...and there is no questioning the fact that "Akron's gift to the world" throws more tantrums/shows up the refs,compared to the one in LA.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:54:09 PM by barefacedmonk »

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The super physical, drive to the basket Lebron James averages only 1.57 fouls per game. Are you kidding me?

His fouls per game continue to drop to more unbelievable numbers year after year.

He averages 1.6 steals per game, 1 block per game, 10 free throws per game, relies on bulling through people on offense... and yet less than 1.6 fouls per game.

Despite all his temper tantrums and antics he has been called for a mere 4 techs this season.

Disgusting. He is an amazing talent. But the NBA's protection of him is ridiculous.. Forget calling him the King, forget the Queen... the dude is treated like a pretty, pretty Princess.

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up

you don't have to wear green tinted glasses to be a Celtics fan.  I'm a fan of the Celtics first, but also a fan of basketball.  I agree, Lebron doesn't get fouls called on him.  He's also one heckuva basketball player and he makes basketball plays without the help of the refs.  A lot of people seem to think Lebron has been chosen by the NBA to be the posterchild and therefore gets every call - I think its the other way around - he's that darned good that the league recognizes it and exploits it - hey they're making money off of it.

But yes, if the Celtics lose because of shady reffing, it makes me upset.  I do realize bad calls happen the other way too.  Being realistic and enjoying the game doesn't make me a non-celtics fan.

i never said you have to wear green tinted glasses to be a celts fan on here, im just sayin that people come on here purposely to say how we dont know what we r talkin about, we blame everything on the refs, how our players r treated better than other players, and a bunch of other hoopla just to rile us up. it just gets old after a while when the same people over and over r on here sayin we complain too much. last time i checked this was celtics blog. not NBA blog or lets get on our knees and worship queen james and his temper tantrums blog.

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up
the dude is treated like a pretty, pretty Princess.
LOVE it ****. and great post

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up
on a more civil note, has anyone found a video or pic of tony doing the "choking" motion to the queen? i would love to see this.

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2010, 05:16:13 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
On wednesdays(6:30-7pm),NBA.tv has a 30minute show called "Making the Call"with Ronnie Nunn,where Ronnie(retired ref.),E.Snow,and one of their hosts dissect calls,and noncalls in recent games...he usually find where a call was missed,or they got the wrong player,etc..Also,he is testing your knowledge if the refs made the correct call.Recently,he showed where Lebron shuffles(moves)his pivot foot right before he dribbles,and it doesn't get called.Sounds like he was hinting that Lebron gets away with this more times than not.Thats just one example...its a pretty eye-opening 30minute segment.  

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
i never said you have to wear green tinted glasses to be a celts fan on here, im just sayin that people come on here purposely to say how we dont know what we r talkin about, we blame everything on the refs, how our players r treated better than other players, and a bunch of other hoopla just to rile us up. it just gets old after a while when the same people over and over r on here sayin we complain too much. last time i checked this was celtics blog. not NBA blog or lets get on our knees and worship queen james and his temper tantrums blog.

The super physical, drive to the basket Lebron James averages only 1.57 fouls per game. Are you kidding me?

His fouls per game continue to drop to more unbelievable numbers year after year.

He averages 1.6 steals per game, 1 block per game, 10 free throws per game, relies on bulling through people on offense... and yet less than 1.6 fouls per game.

Despite all his temper tantrums and antics he has been called for a mere 4 techs this season.

Disgusting. He is an amazing talent. But the NBA's protection of him is ridiculous.. Forget calling him the King, forget the Queen... the dude is treated like a pretty, pretty Princess.

Exactly. Agree with both of you...TP. I would rather wear the green tinted glasses than sporting the opaque ones.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:10:31 PM by barefacedmonk »

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2010, 05:51:39 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Difference in the neutered NBA of today from yesteryear.

If the messiah would have come into Cowens' huddle he'd have been launched 3-4 rows into the stand.  In Bird's era, Parish would have clocked him.  In Malone's era, the messiah would have been Isiahed.  And there would have been no suspensions.

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If the messiah would have come into Cowens' huddle he'd have been launched 3-4 rows into the stand.  In Bird's era, Parish would have clocked him.  In Malone's era, the messiah would have been Isiahed.  And there would have been no suspensions.

Parish was more the haymaker type.

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2010, 08:05:11 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

And it would have been AWESOME
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.