Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 7 Cavs at Celtics 5/18 3:30 PM ABC  (Read 65133 times)

Re: 2nd Round Game 7 Cavs at Celtics 5/18 3:30 PM ABC
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2008, 07:24:47 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Just a "climb on my back fellas" game by the captain, just outstanding. Would have liked to see KG step up a little bit more. But we've all been waiting for one of the big three to really take over and at least we got that today.

The crowd leaving the Garden looked drained too, weren't even celebrating until they noticed the channel 5 camera and started acting like idiots.

Where does this rank in Celtic playoff performances by an individual player? Best since LB-Dominique? Or better?

« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
This was the 2nd best game of this year's playoffs in my opinion, next to game 1 of Suns and Spurs. Whatta showdown from Pierce and Lebron. Great game.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2008, 08:17:35 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
As an old old guy, I have trouble enjoying a game when so many traveling calls are missing. I understand the "let them play" thing and saw numerous missed fouls both ways and that is OK. However when LBJ kept getting to take an extra step it ruins a solid performance. I saw 3 sure traveling calls missed and another one that I was pretty sure he took an extra step. It hurts both his image and the game image. I like seeing a good game like today with solid defense on both sides. A number of players on both sides did a really good defensive job. The low scoring by Ray, Wally, Z, etc, didn't happen by accident. Some unsung players played great position defense. However the missed traveling calls were way too important. 

« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i was not able to watch this game today...had family commitments that kept me away from a t.v. - does anyone know if this game will be replayed (and i live in florida, so it would need to be a national channel).  thanks!
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2008, 09:23:53 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I liked KG's D and rebounding. Hit two big shots in the last 5 minutes. Can't say he didn't show up.

Pierce though was dominant. Its not just the scoring. It was his passing, D and hustle plays. All around effort by the Captain.