Author Topic: 76ers (15-51) at Celtics (29-36) Game #66 3/16/15  (Read 45729 times)

Re: 76ers (15-51) at Celtics (29-36) Game #66 3/16/15
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
IT to be out longer than expected....

BOSTON — It likely will be another week before Isaiah Thomas returns to the court for the Celtics. The point guard initially was expected to be back in action Monday against the Philadelphia 76ers, but Celtics coach Brad Stevens said before the game that that would not be the case. Thomas has missed Boston’s last three games as he recovers from a bad bruise in his lower back, and he likely will be sidelined for at least three more, according to Stevens.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/03/isaiah-thomas-expected-out-another-three-games-with-back-soreness/

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2015, 06:59:44 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I'm thinking Marcus has one of his best games tonight. Go C's keep pushing!

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919

BOSTON — It likely will be another week before Isaiah Thomas returns to the court for the Celtics. The point guard initially was expected to be back in action Monday against the Philadelphia 76ers, but Celtics coach Brad Stevens said before the game that that would not be the case. Thomas has missed Boston’s last three games as he recovers from a bad bruise in his lower back, and he likely will be sidelined for at least three more, according to Stevens.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/03/isaiah-thomas-expected-out-another-three-games-with-back-soreness/

Ugghhh, I hate this. I was really hoping we could challenge the Thunder or Spurs enough to try and steal one of those games, but that'll be extremely hard without IT.

Apparently it's worse than we thought, because you'd think he'd be out there if he was anywhere close. Whatever happened to the old saying "I'd be playing if it was a playoff game"?! These last games decide if we even make it there or not!

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Ugghhh, I hate this. I was really hoping we could challenge the Thunder or Spurs enough to try and steal one of those games, but that'll be extremely hard without IT.

Apparently it's worse than we thought, because you'd think he'd be out there if he was anywhere close. Whatever happened to the old saying "I'd be playing if it was a playoff game"?! These last games decide if we even make it there or not!

If it's any solace OKC won't have Ibaka and KD is questionable.

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

If it's any solace OKC won't have Ibaka and KD is questionable.

Forgot about Serge's injury announcement today, and I doubt KD will be ready by then either. Still, RW will just throw a quadruple double down on us in their absence. :(

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Hope it's not a trap game!
This one has all the makings of a trap game, given how the C's have played recently.  Big thing is for Brad to quickly determine who feels like playing tonight and go with them because they won't all show up.

Really hope Nerlens Noel has one of his inconsistent performances with a lot of balls fumbling off his hands and bricked free throws. This board is already overflowing with people idolizing him and a good game would make him unbearable.

Very true. I think he's going to be really good and would love to have him, but a lot of people have been unjustifiably praising him like he's on Anthony Davis' level or something.

Kuberski33, you're totally right, too. Stevens does seem a bit slow to determine who showed up to play on a given night. Hopefully IT is good to go for this game and we put it away early and KEEP it that way lol
I spend a lot of time at Liberty Ballers and not even Philly fans call him the next Anthony Davis or anything close to that. His offensive game is very raw, he has scissor hands, and can barely shoot the ball.
Having said this, he is has the potential to develop into an excellent shot blocker and this is nothing to scoff at. Hinkie (Ainge apart lol) is the hardest NBA GM to understand, but so far it looks like he considers Noel as a building block for the future, which says a lot.

I personally don't want to bump the thread cause it was one of the sillier ones on here in recent times, but there were a lot of people declaring him a completely dominant prospect that the Celtics would trade 4 future first rounders for. Over the last few months we seem to have attracted our fair share of Philly fans on here, which has been, for lack of a better word, weird.

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The way IT's injury was being described, and seeing it myself, I had a feeling he wouldn't be back for this game. That sounded like a very painful bruise, including his elbow.

come on Pressey

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2015, 07:41:16 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Is anyone better at jumpballs for their size than Brandon Bass?

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2015, 07:41:28 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
Sounds like Noel would really like to play in Boston.

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2015, 07:46:06 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Hope it's not a trap game!
This one has all the makings of a trap game, given how the C's have played recently.  Big thing is for Brad to quickly determine who feels like playing tonight and go with them because they won't all show up.

Really hope Nerlens Noel has one of his inconsistent performances with a lot of balls fumbling off his hands and bricked free throws. This board is already overflowing with people idolizing him and a good game would make him unbearable.

Very true. I think he's going to be really good and would love to have him, but a lot of people have been unjustifiably praising him like he's on Anthony Davis' level or something.

Kuberski33, you're totally right, too. Stevens does seem a bit slow to determine who showed up to play on a given night. Hopefully IT is good to go for this game and we put it away early and KEEP it that way lol
I spend a lot of time at Liberty Ballers and not even Philly fans call him the next Anthony Davis or anything close to that. His offensive game is very raw, he has scissor hands, and can barely shoot the ball.
Having said this, he is has the potential to develop into an excellent shot blocker and this is nothing to scoff at. Hinkie (Ainge apart lol) is the hardest NBA GM to understand, but so far it looks like he considers Noel as a building block for the future, which says a lot.

I personally don't want to bump the thread cause it was one of the sillier ones on here in recent times, but there were a lot of people declaring him a completely dominant prospect that the Celtics would trade 4 future first rounders for. Over the last few months we seem to have attracted our fair share of Philly fans on here, which has been, for lack of a better word, weird.
Liking Noel does not make one a Philly fan if this is what you meant, duh...

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2015, 07:46:17 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
good stuff

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Zeller v Noel is a duel right now, but it's impressive that Zeller can score this easily on his counterpart.  Noel got that nice post shot and got fouled on his drive, but Zeller is scoring at will

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2015, 07:47:10 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 07:47:38 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
So far, so good

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2015, 07:48:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I know it's early, but this is embarrassing. We look like powerhouses out there next to these guys, even if we're only up by a little bit.

For all of those Philly lovers who are suggesting we tank just as hard as Philly even when we've been winning, is all of that mere potential worth the years of this ridiculous basketball product that is being put out on the floor night in and night out?