Author Topic: forums new look  (Read 26944 times)

Re: forums new look
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2014, 11:03:02 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Two things that others have stated prior (myself as well) that I still feel the same about.

I still would like to see something done to break up the excessive white space.  Truthfully, staring at it for much time hurts my eyes.  Makes it difficult to maintain screen focus, usually I have to look away for a seconds and close my eyes before looking back.

Some framing to better delineate posts could be helpful too.

Otherwise, while I still am not a "fan" of the look, it's more than adequately functional as far as I can tell.  Was even able to finally fix the time stamp issue.

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
we are trying to work on a solution to make the distinction between posts clearer - not sure exactly what that solution will be yet but it is high on the priority list
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2014, 10:43:20 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If posters will stop doing the wall of multiquote, I will decidedly prefer the new layout.

If only because it will have stopped the wall of multiquote.

Ha.  It will be a point of emphasis when we see it.

For those who haven't reviewed the rules, we're asking that people quote no more than 4 past posts ("nested" quotes) at a time.

Is there anyway to have that automatically happen? Like, when you quote a message that has already reached the limit, it will only quote the last 4 and leave off the previous ones. It can get a little confusing trying to delete text when you are doing it within quotes.

Not with our current software.  I believe the options are either allowing one quote, or all of them.

Fair enough, and thank you for the reply. I know a lot of work went into the design and it seems as natural as ever to me - so for that, I say, 'great job!'

Wait a minute - am I exceeding the four post quote maximum on this post? Uh oh...  :o