Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 219356 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1425 on: March 17, 2013, 05:25:43 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I don't usually second guess Danny as I always presume he knows far more about player talent than I could ever know.  But it's hard to watch Kenyon Martin knowing that we could easily have had him. He seems exactly what we wanted/needed. Looks to be someone who could have been thrust immediately into regular rotation minutes.  Looks better and more comfortable than Randolph or White.

I would love to get Danny's candid take on why he went for SR and DW rather than KMart.  He gets the benefit of doubt from me, maybe there is a logical explanation.  Maybe Martin wanted no part of Boston.
KMart gives too many dumb fouls and and ones, now Birdman on the other hand kicking myself over us not getting him. He would have been awesome in green.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #1426 on: March 17, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't usually second guess Danny as I always presume he knows far more about player talent than I could ever know.  But it's hard to watch Kenyon Martin knowing that we could easily have had him. He seems exactly what we wanted/needed. Looks to be someone who could have been thrust immediately into regular rotation minutes.  Looks better and more comfortable than Randolph or White.

I would love to get Danny's candid take on why he went for SR and DW rather than KMart.  He gets the benefit of doubt from me, maybe there is a logical explanation.  Maybe Martin wanted no part of Boston.
KMart gives too many dumb fouls and and ones, now Birdman on the other hand kicking myself over us not getting him. He would have been awesome in green.

I'm perfectly happy with our Chinese guys. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #1427 on: March 17, 2013, 05:40:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

I'm perfectly happy with our Chinese guys.

Me too. Good enough.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1428 on: March 17, 2013, 06:30:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

KMart is far from a perfect player, and is much less effective than he once was, but I can't see Randolph or White impacting games in the playoffs the way KM (or Birdman) can.   Yes, he fouls, but he'd give us 10-15 experienced, relentless minutes.

That said, he's not the difference between winning or losing v. Heat/OKC/SA, but just think he'd have been the better fit than what we got.  I'll be very glad to be proven wrong. I am rooting strong for Shav and DJ.

« Reply #1429 on: March 17, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123

KMart is far from a perfect player, and is much less effective than he once was, but I can't see Randolph or White impacting games in the playoffs the way KM (or Birdman) can.   Yes, he fouls, but he'd give us 10-15 experienced, relentless minutes.

That said, he's not the difference between winning or losing v. Heat/OKC/SA, but just think he'd have been the better fit than what we got.  I'll be very glad to be proven wrong. I am rooting strong for Shav and DJ.

I thought it a bit of a head-scratcher too. Does anyone know of any animosity between KMart and anyone on the roster?  Or even Doc / Danny???

That said, I enjoyed Shavlik and D.J. against the Bobcats  . . 
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #1430 on: March 17, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Monta Ellis with 25 in the 4Q. NBD.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1431 on: March 17, 2013, 08:34:26 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I feel like it made more sense to go with younger guys who may still have some upside for our mid-season free agent pick ups than to go with a couple of older guys on their last legs. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #1432 on: March 17, 2013, 08:46:54 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
The Heat are 24-1 with the Birdman *shrugs*
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1433 on: March 19, 2013, 08:28:45 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Indiana with a http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320123002 -esque game.

Indiana is basically this year's reincarnation of last year's Celtics. We're slowly rounding into last year's Celtics.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1434 on: March 20, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

SMH, CP3

Fines are a-comin'

« Reply #1435 on: March 20, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

SMH, CP3

Fines are a-comin'

Yep, Chris Paul, certifiable loser!

I hope they hit his wallet hard.

« Reply #1436 on: March 20, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Saw this today, thought it was absolutely hilarious. Also, look at Cousins' facial expression as the flop takes place.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1437 on: March 20, 2013, 04:17:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

SMH, CP3

Fines are a-comin'

I don't think he has his one official warning yet, so they can't fine him.  Even if they did the fines start at like 5k, which isn't much for a guy like Paul. 

But seriously how on Earth did he think he'd get away with something that blatant?

« Reply #1438 on: March 20, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

SMH, CP3

Fines are a-comin'

I don't think he has his one official warning yet, so they can't fine him.  Even if they did the fines start at like 5k, which isn't much for a guy like Paul. 

But seriously how on Earth did he think he'd get away with something that blatant?
He's been doing it his entire career.

His favorite move in transition isn't a lob, its to find a trailer of the opposing team and dribble into him and then take a dive.

I once saw him almost do it to a Hornet teammate.

« Reply #1439 on: March 20, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I thought it a bit of a head-scratcher too. Does anyone know of any animosity between KMart and anyone on the roster?  Or even Doc / Danny???

There is this.

http://enquirer.com/editions/2002/05/31/spt_nets_celtics_heating.html

I also remember a lot of general hoopla surrounding it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."