Author Topic: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?  (Read 73755 times)

Re: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?
« Reply #930 on: April 30, 2024, 06:47:46 AM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
I wouldn't be worried its achilles. if they said its not, generally its not. that is one of those injuries they can diagnose with a few manual tests.

I think the fear is what type of calf strain it is. if its minor, hopefully can return sometime next round. praying its just bad "calf tightness" like they said after halftime.

« Reply #931 on: April 30, 2024, 07:12:26 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2558
I wouldn't be worried its achilles. if they said its not, generally its not. that is one of those injuries they can diagnose with a few manual tests.

I think the fear is what type of calf strain it is. if its minor, hopefully can return sometime next round. praying its just bad "calf tightness" like they said after halftime.

I used to get pulled muscles frequently (is that the same as a strain?). Calf and groin were where they’d happen and they’d put me out for a while. Of course I had no access to PT or an actual treatment plan. To me, KPs injury looked like a pulled calf muscle. The area often feels vulnerable before the pull (maybe get a small tweak prior to the big one), and the big ‘pull’ is painful, and then it eases a bit when walking but you can tell it is there and it will pull again if you pressure it again. All of us know what it’s like to have one of those things that you reinjure because you tried to play too soon.

If it’s a pulled calf I would think 2 weeks and then cross your fingers.  I don’t think you can tell if it’ll withstand the pounding when you’re back at it.

« Reply #932 on: April 30, 2024, 09:26:23 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943

I used to get pulled muscles frequently (is that the same as a strain?). Calf and groin were where they’d happen and they’d put me out for a while. Of course I had no access to PT or an actual treatment plan. To me, KPs injury looked like a pulled calf muscle. The area often feels vulnerable before the pull (maybe get a small tweak prior to the big one), and the big ‘pull’ is painful, and then it eases a bit when walking but you can tell it is there and it will pull again if you pressure it again. All of us know what it’s like to have one of those things that you reinjure because you tried to play too soon.

If it’s a pulled calf I would think 2 weeks and then cross your fingers.  I don’t think you can tell if it’ll withstand the pounding when you’re back at it.

I pulled a calf muscle a few weeks ago (Apparently, my body at 50 is not what it was at 30.). Painful, especially when I tried to do trivial things, such as move. Somehow, I'm guessing that KP is in better condition and has access to better resources than I was.

Mike

« Reply #933 on: April 30, 2024, 09:46:14 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
Save him for the conference finals.

Celtics should still be able to coast thru the next round without him.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #934 on: April 30, 2024, 09:52:57 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

I think the Celtics would still be favored against either team that comes out of the 4/5 matchup, but doubt they’d be able to coast without KP.  Luckily they do have a decent amount of experience playing without him, but he playoffs are a different animal and the reason they got him in the first place; Al, Luke and Xavier will need to step up, but the Jays will need to take it to another level as well

« Reply #935 on: April 30, 2024, 10:35:39 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!

I think the Celtics would still be favored against either team that comes out of the 4/5 matchup, but doubt they’d be able to coast without KP.  Luckily they do have a decent amount of experience playing without him, but he playoffs are a different animal and the reason they got him in the first place; Al, Luke and Xavier will need to step up, but the Jays will need to take it to another level as well

Well it'd be nice if the coach actually played Tillman. I will say, if you want to combat Bam's physicality for some minutes, Tillman would be the perfect guy even if it's for some hard fouls or to make Bam work for his shots
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #936 on: April 30, 2024, 10:43:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Well it'd be nice if the coach actually played Tillman. I will say, if you want to combat Bam's physicality for some minutes, Tillman would be the perfect guy even if it's for some hard fouls or to make Bam work for his shots

I don't understand why he's not getting any burn at all.  Shades of last season when our bench was massively underutilized.

Also, I'm irritated that they didn't take out KP when he first started limping.  Then, they continued to play him after a collision on the perimeter.  Why?!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #937 on: April 30, 2024, 10:48:10 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

I completely agree with that.  Also, I don’t understand why Tillman hadn’t been used in a similar roll to Kornet.  Luke isn’t taking any 3’s at all, but Tillman is being relegated often to standing in the corner on offense.

« Reply #938 on: April 30, 2024, 11:14:21 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443
Do we have any idea when KP’s MRI is going to happen, I’m too stressed right now.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #939 on: April 30, 2024, 11:44:42 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Do we have any idea when KP’s MRI is going to happen, I’m too stressed right now.

Is it sad that I had a grad school interview this morning (went well btw), but during a few of the "down time" moments I was only thinking "please don't let it be a major injury for KP"  :P

« Reply #940 on: April 30, 2024, 11:50:32 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK

Is it sad that I had a grad school interview this morning (went well btw), but during a few of the "down time" moments I was only thinking "please don't let it be a major injury for KP"  :P

congrats- I will keep refreshing the Celtics blog to check on the update on KP.

« Reply #941 on: April 30, 2024, 12:04:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

congrats- I will keep refreshing the Celtics blog to check on the update on KP.

It'd likely be the afternoon or early evening anyways.

« Reply #942 on: April 30, 2024, 03:50:04 PM »

Offline smicker16

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15

I don't understand why he's not getting any burn at all.  Shades of last season when our bench was massively underutilized.

Also, I'm irritated that they didn't take out KP when he first started limping.  Then, they continued to play him after a collision on the perimeter.  Why?!

Yeah Kornet is for some reason ahead of Tillman.  Imagine Tillman is not as caught up with defensive rotations or something.  I would prefer him to get time as I did like his game last year with MEM, but overall I think the minutes are okay for our starters.

Porzingis was around 30ish minutes a game coming in
White and Brown around 35
Holiday around 36
Tatum around 40

If you compare that to some other coaches that we talk about like Nurse and Vogel then I actually think the Celtics have done a better job with their minutes.  Come playoff time I prefer to stick to a tight 8 man rotation when possible. Especially because I do think there is a legit drop off from PP, Hauser and Horford.  It is different with a team like the Heat who have a whole lot of meh guys and they just need to throw a bunch out there and see what sticks. 

« Reply #943 on: April 30, 2024, 04:54:14 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 546

Yeah Kornet is for some reason ahead of Tillman.  Imagine Tillman is not as caught up with defensive rotations or something.  I would prefer him to get time as I did like his game last year with MEM, but overall I think the minutes are okay for our starters.

Kornet is ahead of Tillman because he has a knack for putting himself in the right positions to make plays. He's done it all season and the team consistenly plays well with him on the floor, which is why he's gotten more minutes.

They are likely to lose him to free agency after the season, so all the anti-Kornet crowd will get its wish. And whoever replaces him won't be as effective.

« Reply #944 on: April 30, 2024, 05:06:13 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 606
It's a soleus strain. Same as Giannis, but we don't know the severity.
Still don't believe in Joe.