Author Topic: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)  (Read 341944 times)

Re: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)
« Reply #1695 on: April 17, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
   So I think I came up with a good solution/way of dealing with the tanking/lottery procedure.  This would obviously not apply to this year, since the season is over so it would have to go for next year... How about if the bottom 5 teams in order of worse record picked an NBA team who would 'represent' them in the lottery.  So the worst team would have first pick.  They would presumably pick the team in the NBA with the worst record (although they don’t win the lottery every time).  You would do this with the 5 worst teams, and then the rest of the league would go in reverse order as we initially had suggested.  This would a) add some excitement/anxiety b) give us an impartial lottery and c) be pretty easy to implement.

Let me know if you think this would be a good or bad idea for the future.

« Reply #1696 on: April 17, 2008, 10:04:24 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
   So I think I came up with a good solution/way of dealing with the tanking/lottery procedure.  This would obviously not apply to this year, since the season is over so it would have to go for next year... How about if the bottom 5 teams in order of worse record picked an NBA team who would 'represent' them in the lottery.  So the worst team would have first pick.  They would presumably pick the team in the NBA with the worst record (although they don’t win the lottery every time).  You would do this with the 5 worst teams, and then the rest of the league would go in reverse order as we initially had suggested.  This would a) add some excitement/anxiety b) give us an impartial lottery and c) be pretty easy to implement.

Question: what if the fifth-from-last team picks the fifth-from-last team in the NBA, and that team gets jumped and ends up picking 6th or 7th overall, instead of 5th?  Would the fantasy team also get that selection?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #1697 on: April 17, 2008, 10:14:14 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

Question: what if the fifth-from-last team picks the fifth-from-last team in the NBA, and that team gets jumped and ends up picking 6th or 7th overall, instead of 5th?  Would the fantasy team also get that selection?

I had thought about that...I think the best thing to do would be to have them take 5th rather then getting jumped.  meaning the 6th team in our standings couldnt move up any higher then 6th.  6-20 would be reverse order, the lottery would just effect the first 5.

« Reply #1698 on: April 17, 2008, 10:37:17 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I like that idea a lot.

Something i thought of a while ago - if we wanted to expedite the process - would be to implement your idea with the ESPN.com mock lottory thing that they have every year.  The excitment wouldn't be anything near where it would be if we waited for the real lotto selection, but the draft order could literally be decided on any day and in a matter of seconds.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #1699 on: April 17, 2008, 10:56:04 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

I had thought about that...I think the best thing to do would be to have them take 5th rather then getting jumped.  meaning the 6th team in our standings couldnt move up any higher then 6th.  6-20 would be reverse order, the lottery would just effect the first 5.

This all sounds good to me. It adds a little extra excitement for those team at the bottom of the league.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1700 on: April 17, 2008, 12:04:17 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
I like that idea a lot.

Something i thought of a while ago - if we wanted to expedite the process - would be to implement your idea with the ESPN.com mock lottory thing that they have every year.  The excitment wouldn't be anything near where it would be if we waited for the real lotto selection, but the draft order could literally be decided on any day and in a matter of seconds.

i had thought of that, but one potential conflict (and I dont even really think it would be a big deal) but then it is only one person that see's the draft lottery (presumabely the commish) but there could be a potential conflict of interest if he were in the lottery etc...

There isnt any real any need to have an expedited process since we wont be holding our draft before the nba holds the lottery preceedings.

I dont know, I think it adds the natural bit of excitement of watching it on tv to see how you end up. 

« Reply #1701 on: April 17, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I like it. Nicely done, YH.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #1702 on: April 17, 2008, 05:46:39 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I'm up for it this year if the other 4 teams are fine with it.  I like the idea a lot.  That is what we do in another league I'm in.

« Reply #1703 on: April 17, 2008, 06:19:36 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
I'm up for it this year if the other 4 teams are fine with it.  I like the idea a lot.  That is what we do in another league I'm in.

I think it is best to institute it if we so decide starting at the next draft.  it is only fair that we do it in that manner (clearly Roy wouldnt, and shouldnt have to consent to this change since he would be giving up a 100% shot at pick 1)

but for the future it would probably be good.

« Reply #1704 on: July 08, 2008, 03:16:13 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
When do we want to do the draft for this year?  I'm getting antsy.

« Reply #1705 on: July 08, 2008, 03:18:11 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
When do we want to do the draft for this year?  I'm getting antsy.

Can I just take Beasley now?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #1706 on: July 08, 2008, 03:31:15 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
LOL, I forgot all about this. We should get it rolling again, during the summer months when boredom strikes.

Here's the final standings from last year. We need to know who's staying on, and who's not/needs replacement.

Standing     Team     Total Points

1.        Utah Flash     27657.40     
2.      Ya'll Hate    27066.05    
3.      ChampKind's X-Tacles    26482.60    
4.      The Walker Wiggle    25578.90    
5.      Celtic Fan Forever    25386.20    
6.      Lucky17    24939.85    
7.      IndeedProceed    23566.95    
8.      AllabouttheGreen    22948.00    
9.      Edgar'sStars    22685.40    
10.      jgod213    22679.30    
11.      smiggity    22597.95    
12.      Birdman    21621.10    
13.      Green17    21353.45    
14.      Preseason Favorites    20172.15    
15.      -iRONLiON-    19768.45    
16.      RIPRED    19349.00    
17.      Larrybird17    16540.35    
18.      jayhovaone    15972.75    
19.      blake    14428.60    
20.      Team Trainwreck    13918.85    

Once we figure out who's in for next year, we can turn our attention to rosters/draft.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #1707 on: July 08, 2008, 03:33:33 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
If there's a spot available, I'd be up for joining....

« Reply #1708 on: July 08, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
If there is room for expansion, or anybody wants to sell their team so I can relocate it to Oklahoma, I'd also like to get in on this.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1709 on: July 08, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I'm ready for the draft.  Got a couple sleepers to look at at pick 18.

I think that there may be a couple of spots available, but I believe they've already been filled or promised to other regulars.

CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com