Author Topic: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)  (Read 341943 times)

Re: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)
« Reply #1665 on: March 26, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

My team is done for the year, Marion tanking, Jackson underperforming, Wilcox out. Cassel as a bench player again.....sigh
Afgter mid season my beautifull team felt into pieces , not even Rip for JO save me in the short run
sigh
ohh well
I ll be back

Lets not forget that you used up all your guard eligible games back in February...boosh.

little detail  :P
Not really but close to
speciallybecause the fall down of JO
i kind of dislike this mode
;)
Im the king of matchups
  ;D

I like the maximum games aspect because then there is some strategy in knowing who to play, rather then just trying to cram everyone in and hoping to accumulate the most points.  i like trying to look at matchups and past games to try and determine which sg should play and which should ride the pine.
[/quote]

I agree with u yall
simply I can hardly find the time to put enough people to play some day
and get at least a couple of points
that is the only part I confess I never do ( to see the No. of games left)
ohh well
Next year i will do it better

My team of Celticsblog1 will rule next year
This team probably 5th or 6th like this one * im feeling a little Cubanish
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1666 on: March 26, 2008, 04:04:29 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
As we are making changes for next year...Would anyone be against a Head 2 Head league?  It makes it a lot more interesting for those that are ranked 4-8 and is nice for those with short attention spans.  A h2h league will give us a playoff system (insert Jim Mora tirade here) and in turn limit the tanking by middle of the road teams. 

I don't think we should change the way we are doing the draft this year.  Roy and I would have played this game completely different and I'm guessing there are others.

« Reply #1667 on: March 26, 2008, 04:32:36 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Based on feedback so far, it sounds like:

1. This year's draft order will be determined by the simple inverse order of finish. Next year's draft order will be decided upon before the season starts, likely tweaked to involve some sort of lottery for the bottom teams as a disincentive to all-out tanking.

2. People are open to changes in format for next year's league. I'm all for it, provided everyone knows beforehand what they're getting into, and how changes to the league setup will, likely, increase or decrease the value of their players.

3. People are not fully aware that this is a full keeper league. After the final game of the season, anyone and everyone on your roster carries over to next year. There will be offseason moves available (necessary), and we'll need to agree on a calendar/deadlines for those moves: the draft, roster cuts, free agents, trades, etc.

Keep the feedback flowing, guys. It's appreciated.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #1668 on: March 26, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »

Offline AllabouttheGREEN

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 66

1. This year's draft order will be determined by the simple inverse order of finish. Next year's draft order will be decided upon before the season starts, likely tweaked to involve some sort of lottery for the bottom teams as a disincentive to all-out tanking.

2. People are open to changes in format for next year's league. I'm all for it, provided everyone knows beforehand what they're getting into, and how changes to the league setup will, likely, increase or decrease the value of their players.

3. People are not fully aware that this is a full keeper league. After the final game of the season, anyone and everyone on your roster carries over to next year. There will be offseason moves available (necessary), and we'll need to agree on a calendar/deadlines for those moves: the draft, roster cuts, free agents, trades, etc.

Can/Should we set up a poll to move everything over to a Head to Head format next year, which many seem to prefer overall?

The one thing I do think we need to prevent is any further changes to the scoring system, as everybody's roster was chosen accordingly with the parameters that we all agreed upon.  Just my two cents...

"If you don't want to know much about basketball, then watch Gary and Greg on FSN..."

« Reply #1669 on: March 26, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Can/Should we set up a poll to move everything over to a Head to Head format next year, which many seem to prefer overall?

The one thing I do think we need to prevent is any further changes to the scoring system, as everybody's roster was chosen accordingly with the parameters that we all agreed upon.  Just my two cents...

I'm in a Celticsblog H2H league, so I like having this different format.  But if everyone else wants to switch it, I won't object.  Same with the draft lottery idea - maybe bottom ten make it? 
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #1670 on: March 27, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
when talking about manegers not being active, i think this is telling: (it is the team name and last active date, in no particular order...)

-iRONLiON- Tue Jan 29 8:01pm EST
AllabouttheGreen Thu Mar 27 10:42am EDT
Birdman  Mon Mar 24 4:15pm EDT
Celtic Fan Forever  Tue Nov 6 12:51pm EST   (he is in 4th place...why hasnt he been more active?)
ChampKind's X-Tacles  Wed Mar 26 4:54pm EDT
Edgar'sStars  Wed Mar 26 8:53am EDT
Green17  Tue Mar 4 6:57am EST
IndeedProceed  Tue Mar 4 3:50pm EST
Larrybird17  Tue Dec 11 7:15am EST
Lucky17  Wed Mar 26 4:45pm EDT
Preseason Favorites Thu Nov 1 6:06pm EDT
RIPRED Jan 25 2:41pm EST
Team Trainwreck  Sat Mar 22 5:13pm EDT
The Walker Wiggle  Tue Mar 25 5:34pm EDT
Utah Flash  Thu Mar 27 12:15pm EDT
Ya'll Hate  Wed Mar 26 1:50pm EDT
blake  Wed Mar 26 10:04am EDT
jayhovaone  Fri Nov 30 9:37pm EST
jgod213 Tue Mar 18 2:57pm EDT
smiggity  Thu Mar 27 12:16pm EDT

some of those gaps are absurd...I understand certain people tanking or realizing that they may not have a chance, but I think that is crazy.

« Reply #1671 on: March 27, 2008, 02:54:27 PM »

Offline AllabouttheGREEN

• Bill Walton
when talking about manegers not being active, i think this is telling: (it is the team name and last active date, in no particular order...)

-iRONLiON- Tue Jan 29 8:01pm EST
AllabouttheGreen Thu Mar 27 10:42am EDT
Birdman  Mon Mar 24 4:15pm EDT
Celtic Fan Forever  Tue Nov 6 12:51pm EST   (he is in 4th place...why hasnt he been more active?)
ChampKind's X-Tacles  Wed Mar 26 4:54pm EDT
Edgar'sStars  Wed Mar 26 8:53am EDT
Green17  Tue Mar 4 6:57am EST
IndeedProceed  Tue Mar 4 3:50pm EST
Larrybird17  Tue Dec 11 7:15am EST
Lucky17  Wed Mar 26 4:45pm EDT
Preseason Favorites Thu Nov 1 6:06pm EDT
RIPRED Jan 25 2:41pm EST
Team Trainwreck  Sat Mar 22 5:13pm EDT
The Walker Wiggle  Tue Mar 25 5:34pm EDT
Utah Flash  Thu Mar 27 12:15pm EDT
Ya'll Hate  Wed Mar 26 1:50pm EDT
blake  Wed Mar 26 10:04am EDT
jayhovaone  Fri Nov 30 9:37pm EST
jgod213 Tue Mar 18 2:57pm EDT
smiggity  Thu Mar 27 12:16pm EDT

some of those gaps are absurd...I understand certain people tanking or realizing that they may not have a chance, but I think that is crazy.

WOW! Nice research Yall Hate. A while ago, I was looking to see how people were doing w/ game starts, but at the time I didn't realize it had gotten this bad. :o  Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed, but understand everybody probably has a unique reason/circumstances.  If it was up to me, I'd seriously contemplate canning all of the above people who haven't been active since Nov, but chances are that is a bit harsh, and some may have planned it this way.  Either way, we need to root out the people who are barely engaged, and try to replace them w/ active managers for the best interests of everybody else in the league and hopefully even some of the non-participants will feel this same way.  Anyway, that's just my opinion, as it seems every fantasy league has this sort of problem w/ at least a few teams in the league...  I vote we attempt to clean things up.

"If you don't want to know much about basketball, then watch Gary and Greg on FSN..."

« Reply #1672 on: March 27, 2008, 03:12:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'll snatch up one of those "haven't done a thing since November" teams if you're dropping the axe.
Yup

« Reply #1673 on: March 27, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »

Offline AllabouttheGREEN

• Bill Walton
I'll snatch up one of those "haven't done a thing since November" teams if you're dropping the axe.
I think that's a great idea, provided we can collectively decide to axe some of these MIA owners.  Actually I was hoping we could give one of the teams to either you, Bahku or somebody who I know is always on the forums...  Anyway, I'm sure we would all welcome you...   

« Reply #1674 on: March 27, 2008, 03:20:12 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I think that's a great idea, provided we can collectively decide to axe some of these MIA owners.  Actually I was hoping we could give one of the teams to either you, Bahku or somebody who I know is always on the forums...  Anyway, I'm sure we would all welcome you...   
You won't be so welcoming when I start steamrollin'!
Yup

« Reply #1675 on: March 27, 2008, 03:41:13 PM »

Offline AllabouttheGREEN

• Bill Walton
LOL, I was just as cocky when I joined, until my #1 pick, Arenas went down for the count...  My advice, don't talk smack until you are near first place. ;)

« Reply #1676 on: March 27, 2008, 03:44:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
LOL, I was just as cocky when I joined, until my #1 pick, Arenas went down for the count...  My advice, don't talk smack until you are near first place. ;)
Hell no!  I'm in 12th place out of 13 in my roto league and I'm talking trash to the guy in 11th (even though improving will hurt my draft picks next year).  I'm in rebuild mode in that league, and my guys are getting better too fast, so I can't fully tank.  14th year for that league.  Started keeping stats with a pad of paper and a calculator -ugghh.
Yup

« Reply #1677 on: March 27, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

haha, i am in first and am not talking trash as mkogav may still catch me down the stretch.  i save my trash talking for after the league.

As to booting members, obviously it is ultimately the commissioner and the leagues decision, but I am not sure we can really boot people since their was no apparent warning...  but whatever the league decides.

« Reply #1678 on: March 27, 2008, 04:03:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Keep me posted.

I'd suggest first contacting the guys who haven't who been participating and seeing if they wish to continue (rather than outright voting to boot someone).  If they don't respond or bow out, fill those spots.  Being that it's a keeper league, I'd prefer to get in before the end of the season if that option exists.

You know where to find me if you need me!

Yup

« Reply #1679 on: March 27, 2008, 04:22:19 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Keep me posted.

I'd suggest first contacting the guys who haven't who been participating and seeing if they wish to continue (rather than outright voting to boot someone).  If they don't respond or bow out, fill those spots.  Being that it's a keeper league, I'd prefer to get in before the end of the season if that option exists.

You know where to find me if you need me!

just so you know, it is a full keeper league (you keep everyone) so there isnt the same immense pressure to figure it out before the end.