Author Topic: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)  (Read 342990 times)

Re: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)
« Reply #1770 on: July 15, 2008, 08:59:24 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I'm definitely against adding 3PM if we're trying to stay true to last year's scoring. We shouldn't just emphasis volume shooters and call it a night. I do agree with Roy that we're better off with an odd number of categories. Consider dropping FT%? Since in CD5's system a player had to shoot at or below 50% to hurt himself. Or maybe FTM since two FTs where worth 0.2 less than a FG.

Wdleehi's probably struck on the solution, except I'm a somewhat daunted by the idea.

I'm still in favor of an old fashioned Points, FG%, FT%, 3PM, REB, AST, STL, BLK, TOs model.

« Reply #1771 on: July 15, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm definitely against adding 3PM if we're trying to stay true to last year's system. We shouldn't just emphasis volume shooters and call it a night. I do agree with Roy that we're better off with an odd number of scoring categories. Consider dropping FT%? Since in CD5's system a player had to shoot at or below 50% to hurt himself. Or maybe FTM since two FTs where worth 0.2 less than a FG.

Wdleehi's probably struck on the solution, except I'm a somewhat daunted by the idea.

I'm still in favor of an old fashioned Points, FG%, FT%, 3PM, REB, AST, STL, BLK, TOs model.

Well, 3PTM *was* a part of our system last year.

A 3PT FG was worth 3.7 points in our league (3 points + 1.2 FGM - 0.5FGA).  That was the most efficient scoring option you could have.

If people want to go with 10 categories, I guess that's fine, but I think odd numbers works better.

I disagree strongly with any league that doesn't reward for FGM, though.  It's totally counter to our last league setup.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #1772 on: July 15, 2008, 09:10:20 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
mkogav is in, but won't be able to participate until 7/26, as he is out of the country.  He indicated a preference to keep the points based league.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #1773 on: July 15, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »

Offline mkogav2

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Hi, This is mkogav. I am out of the country and unable to log in with my regular ID.

Anyway, I am in and hope we stay with the point system, modified if needed, but not h2h.

I'll be back online around the 25th.

Talk to u all then.

- The Champ

« Reply #1774 on: July 15, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Hi, This is mkogav. I am out of the country and unable to log in with my regular ID.

Anyway, I am in and hope we stay with the point system, modified if needed, but not h2h.

I'll be back online around the 25th.

Talk to u all then.

- The Champ

fun u came just to rub in our face your victory
youre  mine this year..with no game limits

P.S. Nice to hear from u sr.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1775 on: July 16, 2008, 12:00:44 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Well, 3PTM *was* a part of our system last year.

A 3PT FG was worth 3.7 points in our league (3 points + 1.2 FGM - 0.5FGA).  That was the most efficient scoring option you could have.

If people want to go with 10 categories, I guess that's fine, but I think odd numbers works better.

I disagree strongly with any league that doesn't reward for FGM, though.  It's totally counter to our last league setup.

I understand the 3PM is an efficient scoring option, it was still undervalued in our system. And, for example, those players who make 3s and do little else end up a lot more useful.

I was going to post some player rankings to show how far apart any of the discussed H2H styles would be from our original setup, but I think we're just as far apart and I don't want to grate.

And then, last year's winner doesn't even want to move to H2H and his opinion should carry some weight... Ah well, it's a good group of guys and I look forward to it, whatever format.

« Reply #1776 on: July 16, 2008, 01:48:32 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443
I will most likely not participate in the fantasy league this year. For some reason I just couldn't get into fantasy basketball as much as I could with baseball and football. It just seems so unrealistic to me, with someone like Shawn Marion being a top 3 player and Dwight Howard not even being top 10. If there was a realistic system, I'd think about joining.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #1777 on: July 16, 2008, 01:51:24 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443
Just a quick follow up post:

Last summer I set something up involving a fantasy draft and trades with all teams. It worked pretty well but it had its flaws. If anyone would be interested in something like that again (with a fixed system of course) I think that would be pretty interesting.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #1778 on: July 22, 2008, 01:09:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Just a quick follow up post:

Last summer I set something up involving a fantasy draft and trades with all teams. It worked pretty well but it had its flaws. If anyone would be interested in something like that again (with a fixed system of course) I think that would be pretty interesting.

The mock-GM thing? That was tons of fun. I think there will be plenty of interest in it again this year.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #1779 on: July 22, 2008, 01:20:46 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
OK, trying to pick up steam again on this. I think it'd be great if we could have all participants confirmed by the end of the month, so we can proceed with a draft, etc. in August.

Here's who's in and who's out, by my best guess:

1. mkogavIn
2. Y'all HateIn
3. ChampkindIn
4. The Walker WiggleIn
5. Celtic Fan ForeverOut
6. Lucky17In
7. Indeed ProceedIn
8. AllAboutTheGreenIn?
9. EdgarIn
10. jgod213In
11. SmiggityIn
12. BirdmanIn
13. Green17Out
14. BostonFan23Out
15. iRONLiONIn
16. RIPREDIn
17. LarryBird17In
18. Jayhovaone??Fri Nov 30 9:37pm EST
19. BlakeIn
20. Roy HobbsIn

And our tentative scoring criteria for the league (still open to debate), which is head-to-head:

FG%, FGM, FT%, FTM, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:13:08 PM by Lucky17 »

« Reply #1780 on: July 22, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Here's who's in and who's out, by my best guess:

17. LarryBird17??Tue Dec 11 7:15am EST
18. Jayhovaone??Fri Nov 30 9:37pm EST
[[/td][/tr][/table]

Just leave those guys out.  They hardly participated after the draft.

Also, for the record, I'm against a head to head league, I like the points system here because its the only points league that I play in...although, I wouldn't be opposed to setting up a secondary league so we could have both.  Maybe a little experiment to see how the placing changes from h2h to points.  Everyone has the same teams in 2 different leagues...but it would be a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. to set up.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #1781 on: July 22, 2008, 02:15:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
LarryBird17 says he wants to be in, but the final say on inactive managers of course is Lucky's.

« Reply #1782 on: July 22, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I have no problem with any of the 'inactive' members being back, but I think the league should get a warning about inactivity this year.  Since there are so many people who want to be in the league, there is no reason giving a spot to someone who doesnt participate for months at a time, whatever the reason is.

« Reply #1783 on: July 22, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I have no problem with any of the 'inactive' members being back, but I think the league should get a warning about inactivity this year.  Since there are so many people who want to be in the league, there is no reason giving a spot to someone who doesnt participate for months at a time, whatever the reason is.

Agreed. I'll be a bit more vigilant this year, knowing that there are plenty waiting in the wings to step in and take over an inactive team.

« Reply #1784 on: July 22, 2008, 03:06:02 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Agreed. I'll be a bit more vigilant this year, knowing that there are plenty waiting in the wings to step in and take over an inactive team.

That's fine, but jayhovaone...the guy pleaded to get added to the league despite not having many posts, basically promised not to be an absentee manager, and then ignored the league after November.  I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'd rather give someone new a chance then deal with someone who can't be counted on.

Also, Lucky, thanks for running the league - you're doing a great job with it and keeping diplomacy flowing.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com