Author Topic: NFL Superbowl LV Thread  (Read 24821 times)

Re: NFL Superbowl LV Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2021, 03:22:09 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The CBS talking heads are complaining about too many flags being thrown in Tampa's favor. Thing is the penalties were legit penalties. KC corners are holding on every play. They showed this happening very early after the first holding penalty.

KC needs to stop playing stupid and racking up the penalties. The zebras just doing their jobs.

I disagree- TB is only winning because of mostly bogus flags. Unsportsmanlike was crap, both uncatchable PIs on last drive were total crap, off-sides on the punt was irrelevant to the play.

I am in Ybor now - dudes yelling ‘I love Brady!’ Chicks with Gronk shirts on. This is so wrong on so many levels.
The Matthieu PI was soft but the other PI was 100% accurate you can’t trip a receiver running after a pass. Also the unsportsmanlike was soft but had no impact. Enforced on the kick with 6 seconds left. Succor kicks 80% touchbacks anyway
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2021, 04:19:37 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Brady is the GOAT of all GOATs.

Surpasses Michael Jordan.

Well.... its hard to say

Look below

Candidates for GOAT of GOAT

NHL -  Wayne Gretzky -  4 Stanley Cups.  All kinds of hockey records that still stand today
NBA - Bill Russell, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James
NFL  - Tom Brady.  7 superbowl rings and 5 mvps 
Soccer - Pele, Messi, Maradona, Zidane
Crossfit - Matt Fraser - 5 time champion (in a row)
Boxing - Mayweather - Champion,  still undefeated 
Olympics - Michael Phelps - 28 Olympic medals including 23 Gold medals (record)
Baseball  - Babe Ruth,  Yogi Berra (10 WS)
Messi is a magician but he doesn’t have a World Cup title .. not even a copa America to his name. That’s what sucks about soccer is you only have a handful of shots at the greatest achievement in the sport ... not fair but is an easy criteria to sort out the greatest of the sport. You missed CR9 who i don’t like btw but has the euro title to his name.
Phelps on the other hand is hard to judge because he represents a sport that is made for Olympic gold medals. His achievements are a little washed up with all these gold medals
Mayweather - great craft in his sport but also missing the Olympic gold. He lost in the semis against a boxer with the same type of boxing craft as Floyd.
I would add:
Tennis - Federer vs Nadal vs Djokovich. 2 GOAT candidates but Joker has a better record against both (big sample size also) although younger age probably helped him a tiny bit.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:27:02 AM by NKY fan »

« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2021, 06:06:39 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Reddit commercial was the biggest winner. WSB / GME is a microcosm of what’s right and wrong (intertwined in many ways) with modern society.

« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2021, 08:04:03 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The CBS talking heads are complaining about too many flags being thrown in Tampa's favor. Thing is the penalties were legit penalties. KC corners are holding on every play. They showed this happening very early after the first holding penalty.

KC needs to stop playing stupid and racking up the penalties. The zebras just doing their jobs.

I disagree- TB is only winning because of mostly bogus flags. Unsportsmanlike was crap, both uncatchable PIs on last drive were total crap, off-sides on the punt was irrelevant to the play.

I am in Ybor now - dudes yelling ‘I love Brady!’ Chicks with Gronk shirts on. This is so wrong on so many levels.
The Matthieu PI was soft but the other PI was 100% accurate you can’t trip a receiver running after a pass. Also the unsportsmanlike was soft but had no impact. Enforced on the kick with 6 seconds left. Succor kicks 80% touchbacks anyway

I meant the Unnecessary Roughness penalty, not Unsportsmanlike. KC was able to hold off TB at the goal-line there, but it didn't leave them with great field position. The 1st PI call being soft totally changed the complexion of the game on its own. Being down 21-6 at the half is totally different than being down 14-6, especially when you get the ball to start the 2nd half. The defensive hold on the KC INT and the KC player lining up off-sides were also game changing plays.

I'm not saying KC deserved to win this - Mahomes was trash and TB's defense destroyed them - but TB likely wouldn't have run away with the game the way they did without some very favorable calls. Sure, many of them were technically correct, but it just paints a bad picture in such an important game...especially when those calls were all such game-swinging calls - all in favor of TB.

« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2021, 08:30:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I meant the Unnecessary Roughness penalty, not Unsportsmanlike. KC was able to hold off TB at the goal-line there, but it didn't leave them with great field position. The 1st PI call being soft totally changed the complexion of the game on its own. Being down 21-6 at the half is totally different than being down 14-6, especially when you get the ball to start the 2nd half. The defensive hold on the KC INT and the KC player lining up off-sides were also game changing plays.

I'm not saying KC deserved to win this - Mahomes was trash and TB's defense destroyed them - but TB likely wouldn't have run away with the game the way they did without some very favorable calls. Sure, many of them were technically correct, but it just paints a bad picture in such an important game...especially when those calls were all such game-swinging calls - all in favor of TB.
Given KC robbed Cleveland due to the refs, I literally could not care less. Comes full circle
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2021, 09:01:25 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
This TB team has gotta be one of the least likable superbowl winners ever. Antonio Brown, Suh and so many people hate Brady. The team vibe is just a bunch of ring chasing mercenaries.

That being said...I'm happy for Brady, cementing his legacy, ridiculously impressive.

« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2021, 09:04:47 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
That was the worst game I have ever seen. There's a reason why gambling is the ultimate sin in sports. The game needs to look legitimate. This game was fixed by the refs. I checked out in the third quarter when Sue got away with elbowing Mahones to the head. I actually went outside to shovel than watch the rest of that garbage. The league should be ambarassed by what the referees were allowed to get away with. There needs to be an immediate investigation.

How much did you have on the Chiefs?

I didn't bet. However, I have these things called eyes.

This Super Bowl was less legitimate than the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Kings and Lakers.

« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2021, 09:13:25 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
That was the worst game I have ever seen. There's a reason why gambling is the ultimate sin in sports. The game needs to look legitimate. This game was fixed by the refs. I checked out in the third quarter when Sue got away with elbowing Mahones to the head. I actually went outside to shovel than watch the rest of that garbage. The league should be ambarassed by what the referees were allowed to get away with. There needs to be an immediate investigation.

How much did you have on the Chiefs?

I didn't bet. However, I have these things called eyes.

This Super Bowl was less legitimate than the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Kings and Lakers.

For a 31-9 game?  Thanks for the good laugh this morning. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2021, 09:13:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This TB team has gotta be one of the least likable superbowl winners ever. Antonio Brown, Suh and so many people hate Brady. The team vibe is just a bunch of ring chasing mercenaries.

That being said...I'm happy for Brady, cementing his legacy, ridiculously impressive.

But it worked and taught the Chiefs a lesson.

Brady brought in his buddies and Bucs gm nor coach stood in the way.... unlike

« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2021, 09:22:27 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I though the TB gameplan was superb.   Bowles had Mahomes on the run almost the entire game and the DBs keyed in on Hill which really threw off the KC offense's rhythm.   The TB pass rush really got at it. Never seen Mahomes that rattled before. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #220 on: February 08, 2021, 09:36:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I though the TB gameplan was superb.   Bowles had Mahomes on the run almost the entire game and the DBs keyed in on Hill which really threw off the KC offense's rhythm.   The TB pass rush really got at it. Never seen Mahomes that rattled before.

Mahomes incapability to run due to toe injury, really hurt the Chiefs flexibility on offense

« Reply #221 on: February 08, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Really excellent coaching the entire post-season for them.  They went 1-3 against New Orleans, Green Bay and KC in the regular season, then beat all of them in the playoffs.  That’s due to film study and adjustments.

The injuries on the offensive line for KC were apparent, too.  Mahomes literally had no pocket.  That said, why didn’t KC try more of the short passing game, particularly plays to defeat pressure? Screens, draws, roll outs, etc.?  Obviously that’s easier said than done.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #222 on: February 08, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Mahomes incapability to run due to toe injury, really hurt the Chiefs flexibility on offense

I don’t think that the toe was a huge factor.  Mahomes’ mobility seemed fine, and he was effective running.   He was just swarmed every time he touched the ball.  It’s a credit to his mobility that he did not take more hits or sacks than he did.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2021, 10:06:16 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

But it worked and taught the Chiefs a lesson.

Brady brought in his buddies and Bucs gm nor coach stood in the way.... unlike

You must love the Lakers and Lebron then  ;)...but yes it worked and is more palatable in NFL than in the NBA

« Reply #224 on: February 08, 2021, 10:21:34 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Really excellent coaching the entire post-season for them.  They went 1-3 against New Orleans, Green Bay and KC in the regular season, then beat all of them in the playoffs.  That’s due to film study and adjustments.

The injuries on the offensive line for KC were apparent, too.  Mahomes literally had no pocket.  That said, why didn’t KC try more of the short passing game, particularly plays to defeat pressure? Screens, draws, roll outs, etc.?  Obviously that’s easier said than done.
Kansas City is too reliant on the big play. The book on them, if there is one, is to make them sustain 10-12 play drives. Once they fell behind they kept searching for that big play, but with those pass rushers pinning their ears back and Tampa sitting 2 deep safeties every play that doomed them.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.