Author Topic: haslem or barbosa  (Read 9997 times)

haslem or barbosa
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:32:31 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
we dont have much to offer.

first round pick, sign tony allen and trade him, scal for salary reasons?

can we touch either of those guys.

if not, who could we get for that package that could help our bench?

Re: haslem or barbosa
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 10:39:27 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Maybe Haslem, who I'm not impressed with. TA isn't worth that much at the moment, though that could all change in a year..

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 10:40:35 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I love watching Barbosa play but I think he's best left where he is - in Phoenix.  Haslem would be awesome to have, but I don't see how either of these guys can be attained.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 10:45:54 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Barbosa definitely.  Haslem would be nice, but I feel that it would take more to get him.  I heard phoenix is dangling Diaw as well.  I think we're dreaming here anyway, but I would take either sun.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
there is already a thread about battie, so we dont need to discuss him.  what about jeff foster?  the guy can play defense and rebound.

we obviously need to keep posey, so our top 6 is set.  we cant count on pj for more than a year (if that) so i feel like backup center and backup pg are the biggest two priorities.  

we could stay in the draft and hope a defensive center like hardin or robin lopez will be there.  

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 10:48:08 AM »

Offline munjman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I honestly can't see why we'd ever get any of these guys, as they individually have more value than any late first rounder, so throwing in a TA (unproven to most teams) should not balance the deal at all...

But in a magic world... Yah, bring Barbosa on...

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 10:49:31 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
check out foster.  8 or 9 rebounds per game and he only plays 24 or 25 minutes.  55% fg in 2 out of the last 3 years. 

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeff_foster/career_stats.html

bird just came out and said he wants another first rounder. 

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 10:50:14 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
barbosa I really doubt we can touch, mostly because like Tony Allen with us, the Suns arent exactly positive in what they have with him. Is he a starting point? A monta ellis esque 2 guard? With the Suns aging fast and furious, I feel like they'd have to keep Barbosa, or at least can't make any risky trades involving him, because really in a year or two he'll been one of their few elite players. Tony Allen too, we won't just give away because we think he's a decent player. At the same time, a lot of teams can't have much faith in him because we barely played him this season.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 10:50:34 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No, the Celtics can not get them.  

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Since the season ended, any Suns deal figured to include Leandro Barbosa or Boris Diaw. Consideration for such moves has accelerated and cooled in recent weeks but remains a possibility with Phoenix looking to move up in Thursday's draft order or acquire another first-round pick to go with its No. 15 selection.

With Barbosa, the talks of most substance have been with Portland and New York. A Portland deal would have sent 21-year-old swingman Martell Webster, next week's No. 13 pick and another piece for Barbosa.

If that is what they are looking for, the Celtics can not match it.  

as for Haslem

Haslem could be swapped for a point guard, with Kirk Hinrich, T.J. Ford and Mo Williams in play, and less appealing names (Jamaal Tinsley, Jarrett Jack, Kyle Lowery) also available.

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 10:52:22 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
No, the Celtics can not get them.  

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Since the season ended, any Suns deal figured to include Leandro Barbosa or Boris Diaw. Consideration for such moves has accelerated and cooled in recent weeks but remains a possibility with Phoenix looking to move up in Thursday's draft order or acquire another first-round pick to go with its No. 15 selection.

With Barbosa, the talks of most substance have been with Portland and New York. A Portland deal would have sent 21-year-old swingman Martell Webster, next week's No. 13 pick and another piece for Barbosa.

If that is what they are looking for, the Celtics can not match it.  

as for Haslem

Haslem could be swapped for a point guard, with Kirk Hinrich, T.J. Ford and Mo Williams in play, and less appealing names (Jamaal Tinsley, Jarrett Jack, Kyle Lowery) also available.

thanks.  that ends it for those two.

who else could we get?

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
we might could get gadzuric (for t.a./scal) and keep our pick. 

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Citing the depth of talent in this draft, Larry Bird, the Pacers president said he's looking to make a trade that would give the team a second first round pick.

"There's going to be a heck of a player at 11, a guy that can help us, no question about that," Bird said Thursday in his first public comments since draft-eligible players began individual workouts. "We've talked to a number of teams about different scenarios, and we've got some things in the works.

"If we can get another pick, it'd be just great. ... We'd like to have another pick in this draft, and that's what we're trying to get right now." -- The Indianapolis Star

Would Scali, TA and a 1st for Foster work?   

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 11:02:43 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I like that but I feel like maybe we're undervaluing TA...Gadzuric gets no PT for a terrible team..there has got to be a reason beyond a "clogged frontcourt"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
We won't get either of them.  Haslem would be a great addition.  Barbosa has to have a brain first.  He has been perfect in the Phoenix system and playing with Nash.  I doubt he could replicate it elsewhere.

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 11:04:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I like that but I feel like maybe we're undervaluing TA...Gadzuric gets no PT for a terrible team..there has got to be a reason beyond a "clogged frontcourt"

Gadz has been heading down hill the past season.  With his contract, I wouldn't want him now.