Author Topic: Kanye West is a scumbag  (Read 29442 times)

Re: Kanye West is a scumbag
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2015, 01:32:37 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
And here's a great piece of bubblegum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
For all his musical talents, Kanye West is an egotistical prima donna bore.  KW of all people should know that Beck's music (blending hip-hop, rock, electronic, pop, folk, blues) is really a huge predecessor of what he (KW) does.  It is extremely ironic that KW seems to have no understanding of that connection.

I mean for most people really into music the grammys don't mean anything.  Even though it has a longer history and some more perceived 'prestige', the grammys aren't really much better than a popularity contest a step above the american music awards and the like. 

It is hard to believe that anyone seriously concerned about 'artistry' would even worry about the grammys, unless of course all you are interested in is making headlines in the most TMZ kind of shallowest way possible.

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I'd like to see a psychiatrists view of Kanye

He's off his rocker
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:52:02 PM by GratefulCs »
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2015, 02:16:23 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
ehhh...tupac...i would trade all of these silly rapers for one more day of him
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2015, 02:21:01 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I love these music threads because they remind me just how out of touch I am with popular music and trends.  While some of the names in this thead are familiar (I've heard of Kanye, Beyonce, Jay Z), I couldn't name a single song by anyone mentioned on this thread with the exception of James Brown and Stevie Wonder.  Most of the names are new to me:  Beck? Fruciante?

I am mentioning this mostly to point out that even in this world of constant media exposure, hundreds of TV channels, unlimited access to music on the internet -- many people have absolutely no connection to various aspects of the social culture of the day.   Not saying it's a good or bad thing, but just saying that we still can make some choices about what we expose ourselves to and what we connect to. 

Many of my contemporaries are more connected to current music  than I am, but I really love (for some reason) that I can still be disconnected if I want to.  Sometimes it irritates me that I even know who Kim Kardashian, Honey Boo-Boo and Snookie are -- I wish I didn't.  But it does make me a little glad that I still haven't a clue about Kanye West -- I wouldn't know who he was if he was standing next to me.  On the other hand, even though I don't know any of her music, for some reason I am able to pick Beyonce out of a crowd.

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2015, 02:21:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Was just about to post the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9glMFDWsVA

Nothing in hip hop close to this today, I am willing to do more digging, just haven't found it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnmLl6Fm1MM

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2015, 02:40:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think there are a lot of good rappers today. I think we get like 1 or 2 new awesome albums a year in hip-hop, and I usually get to them a year or two late.

My current favorite album of the last year was "Because The Internet" by Childish Gambino. It's a hip-hop album, but he's put a lot of work into becoming a well-rounded artist. Here's the rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExVtrghW5Y4

Here's the singing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx96Twg-Aew

And here's a cover of "die without you" by PM Dawn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_9U-zkEPAI

Childish Gambino, like Drake or Kid Cudi or a lot of other rappers who like to talk about their emotions, EXTREMELY influenced by one of my favorite records of all time, 808's And Heartbreaks by....Kanye West.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:46:38 PM by indeedproceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2015, 02:46:59 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I miss Elliott Smith, if only for the selfish reason that he maybe could have put out 4-5 more albums by now.

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 02:54:01 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

Was just about to post the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9glMFDWsVA

Nothing in hip hop close to this today, I am willing to do more digging, just haven't found it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnmLl6Fm1MM
TP
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I miss Elliott Smith, if only for the selfish reason that he maybe could have put out 4-5 more albums by now.
TP

Talk about REAL

A lot of people sing sad songs, or act depressed

This guy MEANT it

Stabbing yourself in the heart.. Juliet style

The potential you'll be that you'll never see

God bless ya nerf!

Edit: and thanks to rondohondo for the beck version of alemeda!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:12:20 PM by GratefulCs »
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I find it funny that people are crying that KW is a scumbag for his comments and then they turn around and  go after a person who had nothing to do with what KW chose to say. Try looking in the mirror. You don't have to like Beyonce and of course you can say what you want but you need to get a grip, you sound worse than KW.

I'm a big Whitney fan but let's not pretend that she would have been anything without her looks, that's just the way it is for most entertainers (women especially)! That doesn't take away from her talent, it just is what it is!

You also dont have to agree that KW is very talented for it to be true, not everyone has the same taste. People you mentioned in here, like Stevie Wonder, would disagree with how you feel about whether KW is talented or not.

Look at what you're saying and then look at what KW said and then tell me again how he is the scumbag. :o

S/N: not calling anyone a scumbag just saying it's looking like a lot of pot calling the kettle black but then the pot takes it to a worse level.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I find it funny that people are crying that KW is a scumbag for his comments and then they turn around and  go after a person who had nothing to do with what KW chose to say. Try looking in the mirror. You don't have to like Beyonce and of course you can say what you want but you need to get a grip, you sound worse than KW.

I'm a big Whitney fan but let's not pretend that she would have been anything without her looks, that's just the way it is for most entertainers (women especially)! That doesn't take away from her talent, it just is what it is!

You also dont have to agree that KW is very talented for it to be true, not everyone has the same taste. People you mentioned in here, like Stevie Wonder, would disagree with how you feel about whether KW is talented or not.

Look at what you're saying and then look at what KW said and then tell me again how he is the scumbag. :o

S/N: not calling anyone a scumbag just saying it's looking like a lot of pot calling the kettle black but then the pot takes it to a worse level.

There's a big difference, though:  nobody here as a big enough platform to publicly embarass another artist and try to steal their moment. 

Nobody has to like Kanye's / Beyonce's / Beck's music, but regardless of musical tastes, it's immature to interrupt somebody else and then blast them afterward.

There's a big difference, though: 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 03:46:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

There's a big difference, though:  nobody here as a big enough platform to publicly embarass another artist and try to steal their moment. 

Nobody has to like Kanye's / Beyonce's / Beck's music, but regardless of musical tastes, it's immature to interrupt somebody else and then blast them afterward.

There's a big difference, though:

That's exactly it, and it's not the first time Kayne has done this , which is even more wrong. It's low class, disrespectful, cry baby bush league stuff.