Author Topic: if you were Houston - Bass or Young  (Read 4445 times)

if you were Houston - Bass or Young
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:19:56 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I've read a bunch of posts on the site saying that the next trade will be Asik for BB. Although I do hope that this trade happens, I don't see why Hou would do this trade instead of trying to get Thaddeus Young from Phi?? Bass, although a talented player isn't as multidimensional as Young. Young just named Easter Conference player of the week. Bass hasn't done anything since his hot start this season.
Can ANYBODY give me a reason why Hou would trade for Bass instead of Young???

Re: if you were Houston - Bass or Young
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Because they can get Bass for Asik?  I'm pretty sure if they could trade Asik for Young they would've already.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:26:02 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I've read a bunch of posts on the site saying that the next trade will be Asik for BB. Although I do hope that this trade happens, I don't see why Hou would do this trade instead of trying to get Thaddeus Young from Phi?? Bass, although a talented player isn't as multidimensional as Young. Young just named Easter Conference player of the week. Bass hasn't done anything since his hot start this season.
Can ANYBODY give me a reason why Hou would trade for Bass instead of Young???

Wasn't Crawford player of the week earlier this year?

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 03:27:37 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I dont have one. If I'm HOU i take Thad Young and he's instantly a 6th man and can play 2 positions. He's also younger and a better fit for HOU system.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 03:31:35 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Young

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 03:42:48 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
If I were Houston the trade I would very, very seriously pursue is something like Humphries and a first round pick for Asik.

1. I'd much rather have that cap space this off season or next to throw at another significant player.

2. Both Bass and Young are not really what Houston needs most in the long term. They need more front court help to pair with Terrence Jones and Howard.

3. Take Humphries for the playoff run - back up center and can play PF as well. Get the cap relief in the off season. Go get the best available player with that money. 

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Because they can get Bass for Asik?  I'm pretty sure if they could trade Asik for Young they would've already.
Yeah last I heard was that Philly was asking for more than Asik for Young. So both sides want a pick as sweetner so things broke down.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 03:48:20 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
If I were Houston the trade I would very, very seriously pursue is something like Humphries and a first round pick for Asik.

1. I'd much rather have that cap space this off season or next to throw at another significant player.

2. Both Bass and Young are not really what Houston needs most in the long term. They need more front court help to pair with Terrence Jones and Howard.

3. Take Humphries for the playoff run - back up center and can play PF as well. Get the cap relief in the off season. Go get the best available player with that money.

It's a shame about the whole Kardashian thing. She really screwed over his image. He is actually a good rebounder, and would make a lot of sense for Houston. Doubt the C's give away a pick though... ...to pay $15M next year when we will still be rebuilding?

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 03:50:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah last I heard was that Philly was asking for more than Asik for Young. So both sides want a pick as sweetner so things broke down.

That seems to be a theme in those talks - Houston thinks Asik's worth more than the guy they're targeting and asks for sweeteners, and the other team thinks exactly the same about their guy.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 04:05:30 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I dont have one. If I'm HOU i take Thad Young and he's instantly a 6th man and can play 2 positions. He's also younger and a better fit for HOU system.
agreed...I don't know why everyone says that Asik for Bass is going to happen.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 04:05:45 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Well the real question is would you rather have Young, or Bass+pick.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 04:22:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Or given how 76ers played it, Young - pick.

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Or given how 76ers played it, Young - pick.

What do you mean?

You think the Sixers would give up Thad AND a pick?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 04:40:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Young as well, if I was the Sixers.

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Another angle is Young has 3 years (balance of this season plus 2 more) at about $9M average and Bass has 2 years at about $6.7 average.  Both seem like they can play to their contracts but it could be a factor as to why Houston has not jumped at getting Young as I am with the others that have said that if Houston could get Young straight up for Asik, the should do it already.