Author Topic: Celtics (42-11) at Mavericks (30-18) 2/12  (Read 45036 times)

Re: Celtics (42-11) at Mavericks (30-18) 2/12
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2009, 01:00:51 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Kenny And Webber just chalked rondos triple double to the fact jason kidd is old and rondo plays with great players..

Noone ever wants to give this kid credit, and he gets criticized on air by announcers when every player has weaknesses...rondo is a hell of a basketball player...its a shame people ignore it because hes not a good shooter

Guess I was a bit slow.

:P

The Mavericks beat the Magic, and it was actually the game Jameer Nelson got injured, Kenny to downplay rondo more kinda just guessed and said "All quick guards give Jkidd problems, jameer nelson recently had a huge game against him"
Um he didnt have no 19/15/14...CMON NOW
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Kenny And Webber just chalked rondos triple double to the fact jason kidd is old and rondo plays with great players..

Noone ever wants to give this kid credit, and he gets criticized on air by announcers when every player has weaknesses...rondo is a hell of a basketball player...its a shame people ignore it because hes not a good shooter

Guess I was a bit slow.

The Mavericks beat the Magic, and it was actually the game Jameer Nelson got injured, Kenny to downplay rondo more kinda just guessed and said "All quick guards give Jkidd problems, jameer nelson recently had a huge game against him"

Yeah what was his point? Kidd not being able to keep up has nothing to do with Rondo getting 15 rebound and 14 assists. That's the impressive part not the scoring.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2009, 01:18:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Guess I was a bit slow.

Yeah what was his point? Kidd not being able to keep up has nothing to do with Rondo getting 15 rebound and 14 assists. That's the impressive part not the scoring.
The rebounds are definitely the most impressive part of his game tonight. He boxed out Dampier to get one too, my brother and I both giggled after that play.

« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2009, 01:20:48 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

[/quote]The rebounds are definitely the most impressive part of his game tonight. He boxed out Dampier to get one too, my brother and I both giggled after that play.
[/quote]

Yeah I saw that...wow, what a fiesty player rondo is...boxing out dampier and getting the board...haha .... 15 boards is impressive for anyone in this league, nevermind a 6 foot 170 lb 22 yr old
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2009, 01:28:17 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
My hat is once again off to Ainge for choosing the right pg in the 2006 draft lol.

Lord knows the Suns couldn't use him . . . Rondo could truly become one of the bigger heists in NBA history.

TP.  Nuff said.   8)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2009, 01:31:16 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
My hat is once again off to Ainge for choosing the right pg in the 2006 draft lol.

Lord knows the Suns couldn't use him . . . Rondo could truly become one of the bigger heists in NBA history.

TP.  Nuff said.   8)

One might call it a heist of Auerbachian proportions.

« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2009, 01:49:00 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Paul F. Pierce.

Guy is clutch, no doubt about it.

Dirk? Ehh, not so much.

Celts win.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2009, 02:26:56 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

The rebounds are definitely the most impressive part of his game tonight. He boxed out Dampier to get one too, my brother and I both giggled after that play.

Yeah I saw that...wow, what a fiesty player rondo is...boxing out dampier and getting the board...haha .... 15 boards is impressive for anyone in this league, nevermind a 6 foot 170 lb 22 yr old

I know. How does a PG almost single-handedly outrebound the opponent's frontcourt? See that's how you do a triple double so it doesn't matter if the league takes away a rebound or two.
Very impressive showing on the road second half of a back to back.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2009, 03:34:33 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
2001-2006 Paul Pierce continues to come up big when we need him.  I don't like the fact that we need it but I love watching him do his thing.

Rajon Rondo is not only going to be an all star real soon but he is going to be a perennial guy.  He'll have 9 or 10 all star games under his belt by the time he's done.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."