Author Topic: CAVSMAGEDDON!!  (Read 51092 times)

Re: CAVSMAGEDDON!!
« Reply #300 on: March 21, 2018, 10:21:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The Nets just blew a 23 point lead to Charlotte including an 18-2 run to finish off the game (Dwight also had 32 and 30). I guess it's Cleveland's night, after all.

Ugh, the more I think about BKN 2018 the more I feel the Celtics got nabbed in that trade. Kyrie is hurt and may be out for the season with his knee issues. Zizic is actually becoming a decent backup for them, too.  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #301 on: March 21, 2018, 10:59:19 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
The Nets just blew a 23 point lead to Charlotte including an 18-2 run to finish off the game (Dwight also had 32 and 30). I guess it's Cleveland's night, after all.

Ugh, the more I think about BKN 2018 the more I feel the Celtics got nabbed in that trade. Kyrie is hurt and may be out for the season with his knee issues. Zizic is actually becoming a decent backup for them, too.  ::)
On the bright side, Charlotte now has 31 wins - same as the Lakers. Remember there is still a tiny chance the Cs get picks 2 or 3.  ;)

« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2018, 12:13:32 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I'd be very surprised if Irving is actually out for the season and Brooklyn currently sits outside the top 5 for lotto odds.

Things can change, but right now we are far and away the winners of that trade.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2018, 02:46:36 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I'd be very surprised if Irving is actually out for the season and Brooklyn currently sits outside the top 5 for lotto odds.

Things can change, but right now we are far and away the winners of that trade.

Yeah let's not embarrass ourselves at this point. Crowder is in Utah. IT is in LA and surprise injury prone players hood and nance are injured (again). Sure if Cleveland wins the lottery and gets a superstar it changes things, but even the cavs forum admits they are on the losing end right now.

« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2018, 08:28:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The Cavs played one of their best games of the season against the Raptors. Their starting 5 in double-figures. Kevin Love with a double-double after a lengthy absence. LeBron James resumes his dominance.

They look like they are peaking at the right time...dan-ger-ous for the rest of the East.

They won by 3 points despite Lebron going off, Hill shooting 10-for-11, and Hill / Calderon / Love / Green shooting 12-for-16 from deep.
While giving up 129 points in regulation play.

If the Cavs are giving up 120+ points a game in the playoffs, they are losing the vast, vast, vast majority of those games. The Cavs defense is awful and I don't see them throwing the switch and suddenly holding teams to 100 ppg in the playoffs.

This isn't the same team of the last three years. Lebron defensively is not the same player. Clarkson, Nance, Osman have no playoff experience. Smith and Thompson seem shells of their former selves. Hill is no Kyrie and lord knows if Love is going to be Minnesota Love, Cleveland 2016 Love or I am injured AND have anxiety problems Love.
They have better individual defenders this year then they did last year and they entered last year playing as a bottom 3 defense for the entire second half of the year before turning it on in the playoffs and finishing as a top 3 defense in the playoffs.  Obviously, they will miss Irving's scoring and ability to take games over, but Hill is a better defender and better 3 point shooter than Irving (Irving is obviously a much much better player).  Instead of Smith, Shumpert, and Deron Williams, they will have Hood, Smith, and Clarkson, which is a much better 3 some on both ends of the floor.  Korver is Korver and Thompson is Thompson, though Thompson will get far less minutes this year and will come off the bench rather than start.  They will replace Frye and R. Jefferson with Green and Nance.  They have guys like Osman and Zizic on the deep bench instead of Derrick Williams, James Jones, and Dahntay Jones.

In other words, defensively they have the potential to be far better then they were last year, when they were blowing teams out in the East and a top 3 defensive team in the playoffs. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2018, 10:33:38 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47

I was kinda upset about the putting Zizic in that trade because he was just a throw in and didn't seem like the Cavs even wanted him, just in the deal to make the numbers work. Woulda loved see him develop under the Cs. With all of our injuries he'd be getting some minutes as well.

« Reply #306 on: March 22, 2018, 11:15:08 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I was kinda upset about the putting Zizic in that trade because he was just a throw in and didn't seem like the Cavs even wanted him, just in the deal to make the numbers work. Woulda loved see him develop under the Cs. With all of our injuries he'd be getting some minutes as well.
Not me.  Monroe is a better outcome.

« Reply #307 on: March 22, 2018, 11:39:25 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The Cavs played one of their best games of the season against the Raptors. Their starting 5 in double-figures. Kevin Love with a double-double after a lengthy absence. LeBron James resumes his dominance.

They look like they are peaking at the right time...dan-ger-ous for the rest of the East.

They won by 3 points despite Lebron going off, Hill shooting 10-for-11, and Hill / Calderon / Love / Green shooting 12-for-16 from deep.

If the Cavs are giving up 120+ points a game in the playoffs, they are losing the vast, vast, vast majority of those games. The Cavs defense is awful and I don't see them throwing the switch and suddenly holding teams to 100 ppg in the playoffs.

This isn't the same team of the last three years. Lebron defensively is not the same player. Clarkson, Nance, Osman have no playoff experience. Smith and Thompson seem shells of their former selves. Hill is no Kyrie and lord knows if Love is going to be Minnesota Love, Cleveland 2016 Love or I am injured AND have anxiety problems Love.
They have better individual defenders this year then they did last year and they entered last year playing as a bottom 3 defense for the entire second half of the year before turning it on in the playoffs and finishing as a top 3 defense in the playoffs.  Obviously, they will miss Irving's scoring and ability to take games over, but Hill is a better defender and better 3 point shooter than Irving (Irving is obviously a much much better player).  Instead of Smith, Shumpert, and Deron Williams, they will have Hood, Smith, and Clarkson, which is a much better 3 some on both ends of the floor.  Korver is Korver and Thompson is Thompson, though Thompson will get far less minutes this year and will come off the bench rather than start.  They will replace Frye and R. Jefferson with Green and Nance.  They have guys like Osman and Zizic on the deep bench instead of Derrick Williams, James Jones, and Dahntay Jones.

In other words, defensively they have the potential to be far better then they were last year, when they were blowing teams out in the East and a top 3 defensive team in the playoffs.

At this point its comical how defensive you are when it comes to Cleveland. Maybe we should crown Cleveland as champions then? I think you are a better Cleveland fan than most Cleveland fans on FTS, which is very odd considering you are a mod here.

« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2018, 11:55:15 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

At this point its comical how defensive you are when it comes to Cleveland. Maybe we should crown Cleveland as champions then? I think you are a better Cleveland fan than most Cleveland fans on FTS, which is very odd considering you are a mod here.

It's getting to the point where I feel like someone could simply bring up Cedi Osman and Jayson Tatum, and Moranis would formulate an argument that Osman >>> Tatum  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #309 on: March 22, 2018, 12:16:04 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Love is back and the Cavs are playing better (at least offensively).  I am not a huge Love fan, I don't think he is a superstar but he makes a big difference for Cleveland.  Thompson will be back for the playoffs too likely along with both Hood and Nance.  Don't be fooled by the Cavs record.  They are going to be formidable in the playoffs.

And George Hill is a perfect PG for them.  10-11 from the field?  Lebron with 17 assists?  Hill and Love allow Lebron to get those assists.  Solid players who know where to be and can knock down the open shots that Lebron creates.

« Reply #310 on: March 22, 2018, 12:21:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

how about you comment on the content of the post and not the poster.  Think you can handle that?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2018, 12:22:48 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

It's getting to the point where I feel like someone could simply bring up Cedi Osman and Jayson Tatum, and Moranis would formulate an argument that Osman >>> Tatum  :laugh:

I actually read the Cavs forum because their thread on the Nets pick is pretty hilarious after seeing us all go through it the last few years. His takes on some of this stuff is more optimistic than what I usually see over there. One example is Thompson is really loathed for his effort this year and there is a pretty big consensus the team is better off with him injured and not being gifted minutes by Lue. On here we get strange per 36 numbers and just a complete dismissal of his horrid play that has sunk most lineups he has been a part of.

« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2018, 12:23:28 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
This is the least scared I've been of Lebron since his first run in Cleveland. He's still Lebron but this year feels like he's swimming really hard just to stay above water.

Celtics need to be healthy though, Brad isn't going to beat Lebron by himself.
ok fine

« Reply #313 on: March 22, 2018, 04:19:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Just cause it snowed out yesterday doesn't mean its going to snow out today. Its not often that one of the worst defensive teams in the entire league entering the playoffs, flips a switch and suddenly becomes a top defensive team in the playoffs. Maybe teams that have a 7-8 man core of vets that have been together a while. But a team just thrown together weeks ago that's going to have 2-3 players with no experience in the playoffs? I don't see it happening. Just because a different group did it last year doesn't mean this group, or heck, even that same group, could do it again.

« Reply #314 on: March 22, 2018, 04:31:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Just cause it snowed out yesterday doesn't mean its going to snow out today. Its not often that one of the worst defensive teams in the entire league entering the playoffs, flips a switch and suddenly becomes a top defensive team in the playoffs. Maybe teams that have a 7-8 man core of vets that have been together a while. But a team just thrown together weeks ago that's going to have 2-3 players with no experience in the playoffs? I don't see it happening. Just because a different group did it last year doesn't mean this group, or heck, even that same group, could do it again.

Just cause it snowed out yesterday doesn't mean its going to snow out today.

Unless you live in Maine.

Otherwise I agree. Furthermore, last year’s team was 21st in defensive rating, bad but not in the basement. They coasted in the latter part of the season, but showed at times that they were capable.

This year’s team is ranked 29th, and there hasn’t been any time this season where the defense looked decent.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes