Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 960283 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #1050 on: April 08, 2011, 08:34:18 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I just saw Due Date last night.  My wife picked it so I mentally checked out instantly, and mostly surfed the net, but the writing was so good I got sucked in. It was decent. I don't usually say that about movies made these days.

Thanks for the heads up.  I think thats next on our netflix queue.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #1051 on: April 10, 2011, 06:17:07 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
The Fighter... Worst freakin movie ever if you consider all the hype around it. The fight scenes were horrrrrrible, slow, unrealistic, chopped-up and boring. I felt like I was watching a crappy version of rocky.

I agree that the boxing scenes could've been better, but they were a pretty unimportant part of the movie.  Everything else was pretty solid.  Christian Bale was fantastic as usual.

« Reply #1052 on: April 10, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Saw Insidious last night.  Had some headslapping moments, but it was pretty darn good.  Some very good scares early on.  Definitely worth seeing if you like scary movies.

« Reply #1053 on: April 10, 2011, 08:31:39 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
watched 127 hours last night, ok movie, gets gory at one point; but amazing true story
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #1054 on: April 10, 2011, 08:31:43 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Source Code. It's a good sci fi flick that I think everyone will like.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #1055 on: April 10, 2011, 08:33:07 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
last last movie was conviction, another based on a  true story - very solid acting, but the postscript (which the movie leaves out) was tragic
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #1056 on: April 10, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I watched Exit Through the Gift Shop last night (Which was discussed at length here a while back).  It was good, but it started to bug me a bit towards the end.  I also thought the narrator was a little too shmaltzy (though I think that was the effect they were shooting for).
Yup

« Reply #1057 on: April 10, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Marry Poppins.  Way better with a kid than as a kid. Seems to me like the first kids movie aimed at adults like Shrek.  Genius.  Dick Van D and Julie Andrews in a room together is more talent alone than the entire cast of your average Oscar winner today....by a lot

« Reply #1058 on: April 10, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »

Offline Locomotive Breath

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
On the way back from Boston on the bus to Portland Friday nite after the game they showed Despicable Me. I hated it far too cutesy and predictable even for a kids movie. Man I miss cartoons like Bugs Bunny.

« Reply #1059 on: April 10, 2011, 11:25:31 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I just watched Harry potter, deathly hallows this weekend for the first time cause it was just released in 1080p. [dang], THIS STUFF AIN'T FOR KIDS ANYMORE. Jesus it was dark. and lots of blood.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #1060 on: April 14, 2011, 10:11:25 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
Yojimbo   (1961)

Since this is a classic, it may have been listed here before.

Regardless, I'll still say a few things, because it's as entertaining a movie as I've seen.  (Saw it previously, years ago.)

Yojimbo is the Japanese version of the American western and, in turn, led to the spaghetti westerns.  It's an action adventure with basically no special effects (aside from the hand that says hello at the beginning).  It gets by on superb photography, awesome (quirky) soundtrack, great lead actor, and a story that moves right along.

The story is a morality tale that includes comedy, tragedy, drama, intrigue, and more comedy.  The hero is a nihilist scruffy samuri warrior who comes to town to sell his services to the highest bidder, and there happens to be a civil war going on at the time...

« Reply #1061 on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:44 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Juice, 1992

With Tupac and Omar Epps

« Reply #1062 on: April 30, 2011, 02:01:53 AM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
I've watched "The Room" maybe five times in the past two days. It's my favorite [dang] movie and I honestly think it changed my life. Not even joking.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #1063 on: April 30, 2011, 02:31:11 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
just saw "Fast Five"... dumb movie, but watchable if you're into dumb movies.  I gotta say though, I cringed every time they showed Jordana Brewster... time hasn't been kind to that one. 

« Reply #1064 on: April 30, 2011, 03:10:40 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
"The Blair Witch Project" ... I personally like to read about/research most of the movies I watch, and I was fascinated by how this movie was made. The Director got actors that were very improvisational, left them notes and minimal directions for them to follow each day, deprived them of sleep, rationed their food, etc., all in an attempt to reproduce the tensions/fear/ stresses that the characters were supposed to be going through. I'm not into horror movies as such, but this was extremely well done, unique, and extremely creepy.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:05:27 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *