Author Topic: 2008-09 Thread of the Year Nomination Thread  (Read 55157 times)

Re: 2008-09 Thread of the Year Nomination Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
u know whats funny, when thinking of the best threads on CB, they rarely have anything to do with the celts or bball.  most of the time its the community or off topic threads that stick out for me.

The celtics talk forum during the summer is like high school school was for me during summer. I don't think about it much, and I don't really miss it, but before I know it the seasons change and I'm in there all day.

i agree.  i still go there during the offseason, but when thinking of threads that stick out of my favs, the majority of them have nothing to do with the team.

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 03:15:33 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Bring Will Solomon back is my favorite thread of all time.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=25864.0

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 03:31:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
For future reference I need to mention the fruit wars threads but I think that would definitely not be this years. Oh and Game 4 2008 Finals with the comeback was probably the best Game Thread ever.

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
For future reference I need to mention the fruit wars threads but I think that would definitely not be this years. Oh and Game 4 2008 Finals with the comeback was probably the best Game Thread ever.

I'm still a little emotional over the outcomes of those.
Yup

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 04:45:37 PM »

Offline BigDanz2000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=31248.0

This thread was seriously entertaining and full of good laughs.  I wish the thread had continued longer because I believe the OP would have kept it going as long as we had let him.

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yeah, I'm not sure that locked threads make great candidates for the HOF. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 04:49:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

This thread was seriously entertaining and full of good laughs.  I wish the thread had continued longer because I believe the OP would have kept it going as long as we had let him.

As my dad is fond of saying, "The nice thing about banging your head against the wall is that it feels good when you stop."
Yup

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 05:11:52 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

I just read that for the first time.  It was incredible.  If you read all the posts in a Jersey Shore accent you really get a better feel for things.  Just seems right.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Edit:  Retracted. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 07:37:03 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I would feel seriously better about this thread if all discussion regarding star18's thread and what he was like in that thread were to stop. First, the purpose of this thread is to nominate threads for Thread of the Year and a thread that got locked due to the inability of a member to stop arguing a point most found non arguable will not be considered.

Most of the enjoyment some got out of that thread was at the expense of a member and that is not the spirit of what we are trying to accomplish here.

Thank you.

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 07:19:04 PM »

Offline BigDanz2000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
Sorry Nick for nominating that thread.  It was not my intention to nominate the thread as embarrassment to the OP.  Comical Value over seriousness was more for my nomination.  I do however think that the original OP would be honored to have a thread of his nominated for thread of the Year. 

But I fully understand where you are coming from.

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 08:35:48 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I don't agree - at all - that the best threads on this blog have nothing to do with the Celtics, but I recognize that we're all here for different reasons.

There are a goodly number of basketball technicians on this board with whom I love to toss around ideas. People like Steve Weinman, for example, and Roy Hobbs. And those are some of the threads that I have enjoyed the most over the year.

Truthfully, I really don't think much of these nomination deals, and as such don't want to participate. They cause more drama, and hurt more feelings than they're worth, I think.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 09:14:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Truthfully, I really don't think much of these nomination deals, and as such don't want to participate. They cause more drama, and hurt more feelings than they're worth, I think.
I'm not sure in this case I agree with this statement Coach. First, this is for the Hall of Fame and this is going to be about the only membership interactive part of this, I hope. There will be nominations and elections for thread, post, game thread, fanpost and front page article of the year. If a person wants a post, thread, fanpost or front page article of their's nominated all they have to do is nominate it. It will be the membership as a whole who picks the winner.

Also, it will hopefully encourage people to participate in all the different places that they can participate at Celticsblog if they are looking for recognition. Write fanposts, open threads, write posts, read and participate in the game threads, read the front page articles. The higher quality the participation, the more likely the chance of getting an original post or fanpost published on the front page. It's a rewarding and flattering feeling. And who knows, maybe someday that person will have something in the CBHOF for all to see 20 years from now.

For those reading this thinking "when might I be able to get in the Hall?" and thinking this is going to be causing drama and there will be favorites, you are looking at the CB HOF in the wrong manner. This is not a popularity contest. This is not about having the most TP's or the most posts or being here the longest. It is about what your participation has meant in the shaping of Celticsblog and making it into the best fan blog site on the internet.

Many people gave up countless hours of their time for years to make Celticsblog what it is today. People 99% of the membership have never even heard of. They will be honored. They will have their names set aside. But those names will be released once a year and they will be carefully weighed and considered.

I hope that clears some things up and I hope I am talking for the entire staff here. If I left something out please let me know.

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 09:56:52 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
One person's opinion, Nick, and it's why I won't be participating.

If it works, good for the blog. No problem. I just don't like the idea much.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 10:31:03 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
"Praise the Squirrel" and "Insult the Squirrel" were pretty random, but funny, threads.

were? still are, we're going strong with dem squirrelz
When you love life, life loves you right back