Author Topic: 2020 Historical Draft: FINALS: Celtics Win!!! Congrats to Who!!!  (Read 18631 times)

Re: 2020 Historical Draft: FINALS: Celtics Win!!! Congrats to Who!!!
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2020, 10:54:04 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I imagine it like it was series tied 3-3. Utah and Boston slugged it out until late in the 4th quarter of game 7. Boston was leading but Utah made the late rally and hit the three pointer to tie it as the game ends.

Oh wait, instant replay on the shot!!! Refs huddle. They are reviewing the video. Oh, no!!!! Reggie Miller's toe was touching the line. It's only a two pointer.

Celtics win as the fans storm the floor of TDGarden in wild jubilation!!!!!

Haha I like that. Perfectly follows the voting.

My alternative ending for fun:

Utah Jazz are down 3 with 2.7 seconds left... they go with their 3 point shooting lineup of Kidd - Reggie - Peja -Mashburn - Okur

Reggie runs off a triple screen, catches the pass shoots a 3........ HE MAKES IT! AND DRAWS THE FOUL! Reggie with a chance to win the game at the free throw line.

Wait a second... Coach Who is talking to the refs... He's challenging the play! He's saying Reggie kicked his leg out on the play... He can't do that anymore!!

Refs view the play and call an offensive foul on Reggie... NO BASKET! NO BASKET!

Celtics fans rejoice!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2020, 11:00:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I imagine it like it was series tied 3-3. Utah and Boston slugged it out until late in the 4th quarter of game 7. Boston was leading but Utah made the late rally and hit the three pointer to tie it as the game ends.

Oh wait, instant replay on the shot!!! Refs huddle. They are reviewing the video. Oh, no!!!! Reggie Miller's toe was touching the line. It's only a two pointer.

Celtics win as the fans storm the floor of TDGarden in wild jubilation!!!!!

Haha I like that. Perfectly follows the voting.

My alternative ending for fun:

Utah Jazz are down 3 with 2.7 seconds left... they go with their 3 point shooting lineup of Kidd - Reggie - Peja -Mashburn - Okur

Reggie runs off a triple screen, catches the pass shoots a 3........ HE MAKES IT! AND DRAWS THE FOUL! Reggie with a chance to win the game at the free throw line.

Wait a second... Coach Who is talking to the refs... He's challenging the play! He's saying Reggie kicked his leg out on the play... He can't do that anymore!!

Refs view the play and call an offensive foul on Reggie... NO BASKET! NO BASKET!

Celtics fans rejoice!
Poor Reggie! He just can't seem to get that last shot right!

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2020, 02:55:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Good show all - congrats to Who and good game from Action and all other participants!

Looking forward to next one.

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2020, 03:50:34 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Congrats to Who for bringing home banner 18!

TPs to the finalists and a huge TP to Nick! Best commissioner of all time!

PS: This was fun! When do we start the next one? :)

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2020, 07:10:40 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Since it will probably take a few weeks to get a good gameplan, preparation and everybody on board, it probably can't hurt to start spreading ideas.

I think any game/draft should have a distinct set-up from this one to avoid the feeling of repetition. To address different kind of blog members we could possibly have two more games? I'm thinking that the 'older' members like the discussed idea of doing an all-time draft with quota on eras.

A game based on this 2019/2020 season might be more interesting to a broader group? I'm thinking about attaching values to players and giving teams a limited budget to draft/buy these players to create parity.

Of course we can't expect Nick to commission al that. I know I can't be a commissioner, but I'd happily contribute to any work or preparation that's needed to get a good game running fluently.

Nick had some valid concerns about the playoffs (although I liked the ending vote reveal), but I think there are ways to go around it. For instance, keeping the initial voting results of the chosen playoff teams hidden would keep more mystery (I also find that participants should be more interested in raising content questions than pushing opinions). Overall I'm impressed by the mutual respect and discipline that's been shown by everybody, don't think games like these could've run so smoothly on many blogs/sites.

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2020, 09:59:05 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437

Since it will probably take a few weeks to get a good gameplan, preparation and everybody on board, it probably can't hurt to start spreading ideas.

I think any game/draft should have a distinct set-up from this one to avoid the feeling of repetition. To address different kind of blog members we could possibly have two more games? I'm thinking that the 'older' members like the discussed idea of doing an all-time draft with quota on eras.

A game based on this 2019/2020 season might be more interesting to a broader group? I'm thinking about attaching values to players and giving teams a limited budget to draft/buy these players to create parity.

Of course we can't expect Nick to commission al that. I know I can't be a commissioner, but I'd happily contribute to any work or preparation that's needed to get a good game running fluently.

Nick had some valid concerns about the playoffs (although I liked the ending vote reveal), but I think there are ways to go around it. For instance, keeping the initial voting results of the chosen playoff teams hidden would keep more mystery (I also find that participants should be more interested in raising content questions than pushing opinions). Overall I'm impressed by the mutual respect and discipline that's been shown by everybody, don't think games like these could've run so smoothly on many blogs/sites.

I would love an 80s and 90s version of this, that would be a ton of fun.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2020, 11:10:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I would love an 80s and 90s version of this, that would be a ton of fun.
Yeah, I’d love that too. Would be great fun
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2020, 11:16:39 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Congrats to Who on winning this. Amazing run.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2020, 02:03:36 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Congratulations! Well deserved.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2020, 11:09:31 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
that was really entertaining. Nick, you did a wonderful job and the idea of having the ballot-by-ballot counting was brilliant.

when i submitted my vote (boston 4-3) i also noted that this would be a very close series. i was right!  ;D

a tp to fabulous nick for running the show.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva