Author Topic: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer  (Read 23088 times)

Re: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 06:18:48 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
They are going to want at least one of our future Brooklyn picks+ the Dallas pick+ young talent that can help them win now like Olynyk.

The kid is still an elite prospect. ...
He's a good prospect.  Elite?  I wouldn't go that far.

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 08:16:06 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
They are going to want at least one of our future Brooklyn picks+ the Dallas pick+ young talent that can help them win now like Olynyk.

Why not? He was the 2nd overall pick and missed basically all of last season and was still trying to get into game shape at the start of this season.
He's played 53 NBA games on a team that's loaded at his position. He also hasn't been able to shoot threes with Jason Kidd's terrible offense.

I think any guy that's a 2nd overall pick with his potential only playing 53 NBA games is 100% considered an elite prospect.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 08:27:59 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I think trading for Middleton is more realistic, but still very pricy...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2016, 08:29:20 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Why not? He was the 2nd overall pick and missed basically all of last season and was still trying to get into game shape at the start of this season.
He's played 53 NBA games on a team that's loaded at his position. He also hasn't been able to shoot threes with Jason Kidd's terrible offense.

I think any guy that's a 2nd overall pick with his potential only playing 53 NBA games is 100% considered an elite prospect.
I don't really agree.  Bennett was the first pick and we knew he wasn't an elite prospect after 53 games.  Parker's ceiling has always been a poor man's Carmelo Anthony level player.  He could be an allstar some day but I don't think anyone projects him as all NBA first or 2nd team.

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2016, 08:57:59 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Parker and Plumlee

for

Zeller, Olynyk, Turner, BOS 2016 1st, MIN 1st (I might throw in a future 1st if needed as well since Minny 1st is probably 2nd rounders)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2016, 09:14:50 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think Milwaukee would want KO, which isn't great because I think the majority of people around here would rather trade Sully (shape, contract concerns). So KO, Young, Rozier, Dallas pick, Minny pick(s). It's incredibly difficult to gauge Jabari's value so I don't know if that proposal is laughable or way too much.

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2016, 10:26:34 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

I don't really agree.  Bennett was the first pick and we knew he wasn't an elite prospect after 53 games.  Parker's ceiling has always been a poor man's Carmelo Anthony level player.  He could be an allstar some day but I don't think anyone projects him as all NBA first or 2nd team.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. I think Parker has always been touted as a player with Paul Pierce/Carmelo Anthony potential given how complete his offensive game/dribbling ability/shooting ability and size at the small forward spot.

To me he's certainly still an elite prospect, and I'd bet my house that NBA GM's feel the same way. His ACL surgery could give reason for doubt, but he's looking pretty good this year especially considering the horrid roster/position overload/terrible coaching scenario he's in at the moment.

Going back to the original topic question, there's basically no way the Bucks give him up for anything less than a future Brooklyn pick+Mavs pick+young talent. This is a guy with the potential to be an All NBA player and it's always been that way- it's why he was the 2nd pick.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2016, 10:59:51 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Is Parker available?

Is Milwaukee actually down in him or is this growing pains type stuff?
they probably aren't actually down on him.  It's just tough for him to have a huge role right now.  Middleton is playing great and Giannis is a heck of a prospect.  All three of those guys are basically small forwards.   Parker is playing PF.   If there is a buy low window on Jabari, it's probably now.
I just don't see them moving him rn unless they get an offer they can't refuse, and seeing as they aren't really contenders this year I don't see them getting any of those offers. Perhaps something based around Isaiah?

I'd be down to do it btw.

An intriguing offer (for me) is maybe IT + AB for Parker + Vasquez?

It kills us this year completely. Knocks us out of the playoffs probably but I think it makes some level of sense.

Parker could be that go to scorer.

Milwaukee immediately becomes as good as anyone in the east as their crunch time lineup of Isaiah AB Middleton Freak and Monroe is pretty good in my opinion.

It completely solves their shooting woes.

Is this price to steep? Does Milwaukee bite? I'm not sure and I'm drunk so we will reevaluate this trade in the morning!
Now that I'm looking at the trade I still like it.

I don't like that it kills us this season and probably knocks us from the playoffs. I am a little concerned how he fits with crowder because I think that Jae deserves a starting or at least very major role on our team for the next 4 years. I don't like giving up 2 cost controlled players who have proven they can play at a high level. I don't like vasques and would look to get rid of him and his 2 year deal.

What I do like: Jabari Parker is a year and a half removed from being a sure-thing #2 pick with Carmelo Anthony/Paul pierce projections. He is a year removed from an injury which ended his season which at the time he was the clear ROY front runner. He is too talented to pass up. If we can get Parker without losing smart or Brooklyn 16 I feel we have to do it.

Smart
Parker
Top 5 pick
Crowder
Olynyk
2 other firsts
Hunter and rozier young and Mickey
Brad Stevens
Mountains of cap

That is a team with a bright future
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2016, 12:38:05 PM »

Offline Grindfather

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • First Team All-Defense
IT and the highest non #1 overall pick available in 2016. IT is exactly what they need plus they get the ppssible Nets pick if it falls outside 1 overall.
thats too much. IT ok.....but that pick has gm's salivating and they think he is the next Lebron.
So top 3 protected?
Can you protect traded picks?

I know that typically you can't but the C's could just roll the pick to 2018

You can't protect picks that were originally traded without protection. If the Nets pick is included in any trade it will be an as unprotected pick. 

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2016, 01:01:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think trading for Middleton is more realistic, but still very pricy...
Middleton can't be traded until Jan 14th, but he's be a fantastic fit here.  He's a great shooter and a solid defender.  He's sort of blowing up right now, though (back to back 33+ point games).   His usage was really low early in the season and I think the Bucks are coming to the realization that he's maybe their only capable shooter.  Over his past 11 games he's averaged 21 points, 4.9 assists, 3.6 rebounds and 1.3 steals.

Last 5 he's averaged 25 points, 5 assists, 3.8 rebounds with 59%/61%/89% shooting (averaging 3.4 threes per night)... I mean... he can't sustain that, obviously.  Those shooting percentages are ridiculous.  But he shot 47%/41%/86% last year and this year he's shooting 43%/46%/89% (he had a slow start).

Middleton's play is partially why I think Jabari could actually maybe be moved.  You'd have to overpay to get Jabari, but right now Jabari is barely being used.  He's mostly getting dunks on the cuts to the rim.  They aren't running anything through him really.   This is a guy who has a future as a really dynamic offensive weapon (similar to Melo), and he's basically a nonfactor in their system right now. 

Maybe MIddleton would be traded instead, but they'd be desperate for some shooting.  There's really nobody on that team capable of hitting threes other than him.   That said, he's one of those guys who was possibly available in free agency this Summer, but the Bucks kept him (hence why he can't be traded until Jan 14th)... but with those guys you always have to question whether they were retained simply because they didn't want to let an asset leave for nothing... or if they actually intended to keep them long-term.   If they are committed to Jabari, they could maybe move MIddleton (15 mil per year).   But I still think Jabari and Giannis is going to be an awkward fit long-term.   I've semi wondered for the past couple years if there's a Philly/Bucks trade sitting there.  Philly has centers.   Bucks have small forwards.   I wonder if they could make something happen that is mutually beneficial.    Yeah the Bucks have Monroe, but I always thought Monroe was more of a PF. 

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2016, 01:41:55 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
IT and the highest non #1 overall pick available in 2016. IT is exactly what they need plus they get the ppssible Nets pick if it falls outside 1 overall.
thats too much. IT ok.....but that pick has gm's salivating and they think he is the next Lebron.
So top 3 protected?
Can you protect traded picks?

I know that typically you can't but the C's could just roll the pick to 2018
I think it's all on how a pick is phrased when traded. Yet there must be protection locking pick rights from each pick there after so highest pick can go to Bucks if it does fall out top 1 overall (or 3).

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2016, 04:07:34 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I think the biggest issue with Parker is he may have the basketball Fat Gene.

Only 20 years old and he's a player that really has to be careful with his weight or he will have to be a Power Forward long term.

He came into the NBA at 240 pounds, and at his heaviest he was closer to 260 pounds IMO.

Also Chad Ford In July 2014, stated that Jabari was 254 pounds at 11% bodyfat at his last visit with the Buck's. It was a topic of concern.

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2016, 06:15:28 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Only 20 years old and he's a player that really has to be careful with his weight or he will have to be a Power Forward long term.

He came into the NBA at 240 pounds, and at his heaviest he was closer to 260 pounds IMO.

Also Chad Ford In July 2014, stated that Jabari was 254 pounds at 11% bodyfat at his last visit with the Buck's. It was a topic of concern.

I'd be more concerned if he was completely out of shape after the ACL. But he looked like he stayed in shape, maybe he found the right foods he needs to eat now. Barkley had the fat gene to, but he stayed in shape till the end of his career.

I'd be fine with IT(getting sick of the constant turnovers) and Dallas or Minni pick, or maybe even our own 2016. I mean it's not like IT is old and would be a nicer fit with who they have right now, young, but with experience.

If KO is involved I'd want MCW, see what Stevens can get out of him. If he can get his potential out AB is more expendable in an other trade for a C or prospect and MCW's height works with Smart and bigger guards. Shooting sucks, but hopefully that gets better.

Or use Smart instead and place MCW with AB would can guard the little guy. Might work out even better.

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2016, 06:22:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I'd be more concerned if he was completely out of shape after the ACL. But he looked like he stayed in shape, maybe he found the right foods he needs to eat now. Barkley had the fat gene to, but he stayed in shape till the end of his career.

I'd be fine with IT(getting sick of the constant turnovers) and Dallas or Minni pick, or maybe even our own 2016. I mean it's not like IT is old and would be a nicer fit with who they have right now, young, but with experience.

If KO is involved I'd want MCW, see what Stevens can get out of him. If he can get his potential out AB is more expendable in an other trade for a C or prospect and MCW's height works with Smart and bigger guards. Shooting sucks, but hopefully that gets better.

Or use Smart instead and place MCW with AB would can guard the little guy. Might work out even better.
I personally want no part in MCW and also I see the logic in trading IT for him but to so that you have to be ok with the current C's taking a pretty big hit
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2016, 08:31:24 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I hope this is something Ainge is thinking about because I do truly believe you can pry one of the three SF's from the Bucks.

MIL doesn't wants picks tbh. They traded Knight for the lakers pick, then moved that pick for MCW. They are looking for an impact player back. I think Thomas for Parker would work. I also think Bradley + Crowder for Parker would work. If the Celtics want to keep the roster constructed as is, then they would need to get a third team involved and use their picks for a specific player MIL is looking for.